What can P&O do better going forward ?

kalos

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I just find it boring and repetitive. There are literally thousands of varieties of cheese in the world and hundreds of British cheeses yet they serve the same tired ones cruise after cruise.

I am however glad you enjoy them😀

We select our cruises on the basis of who goes where, when, how much, what ship. Pretty much not on the list at all is ..what cheese.🤣

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, wowzz said:

You may be a little disappointed. There is a children's club, but no slides, etc.

Royal Caribbean were just silly prices for next year hence that’s why we are trying Princess. They only actually went on the flow rider once and trampoline once on Indy so hopefully all will be good

Michelle

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

If a loyal customer sails 20+ times with 1 cruise company I'm sure they will have contributed to the ships bottom line.

When you have a captive audience like the ship does money will be spent onboard.

Graham.

Not everyone is as free spending as you are Graham!  Many on the Princess forum seem to take a pride in not spending a cent!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, Eglesbrech said:

It’s not a direct comparison in any event. They all do things just a little differently and what you like determines the price you will pay.

Your original post said get rid of dynamic pricing I answered that, but you have now widened the subject yes all cruise lines do things slightly differently you choose what suits you best.

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

I must admit this was me a few years ago. There was /is only so much money in the pot for cruising. Do I prefer to spend lots of money on excursions, ships photos and very expensive spa sessions or do I put that money towards another cruise. For me personally it is the latter. The money is still going to P&O tho and with about 40 cruises they’ve had a lot of it….😃

Totally agree with this. I've been cruising with P&O since 1997 and usually take two cruises a year but never more than one with P&O. I think it is fairly logical that you spend less the more you do. I now seldom buy the overpriced photographs - maybe just one group photo of my tablemates. I sail on the smaller ships so there are fewer extra-charge restaurants. I don't eat spicy food, so only take maybe one meal in Sindhu. The menus in the Beach House and Glass House don't attract me. The shops are full of things I don't need or want are are far from being the bargains they try to convince you of.

Whilst not being a drunkard, I enjoy a drink so will have a pre-dinner drink, wine with dinner and at least a couple of drinks after dinner. If on board, a drink with lunch, sailaway drink or late afternoon drink should there be an interesting sporting event being shown live.

Having been to many of the ports, I don't take lots of ship's excursions but do take one or two on a 14+ night itinerary.

So, I am far from being a spendthrift but as a seasoned cruiser, there is little to entice me to spend.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We select our cruises on the basis of who goes where, when, how much, what ship. Pretty much not on the list at all is ..what cheese.🤣

Yes we do exactly the same, I would however refer you back to the topic. 

What can P&O do better going forward - improve the cheese!😀🧀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Not everyone is as free spending as you are Graham!  Many on the Princess forum seem to take a pride in not spending a cent!

Thanks Wowzz.

I cannot understand why people could actually take pride in being tightwads.

You only live once so make the most of your cruise if you can afford it.

I enjoyed the Elite mini bar set up on Grand Princess on our last cruise and it would be nice if P&O gave a little more thought in rewarding their most loyal passengers.

• Like 2

What can P&O do better going forward ?... Drinks machine's in the buffet. Fit some device 

to stop people filling their own water bottles with water or breakfast juices before heading 

off out for the day . I have seen people ram a bottle under the dispenser ,part fill and then 

drink from the bottle before refilling the bottle again . With a total overhaul of the ships 

hygiene at the moment I would like to see this dirty practice stopped for good . 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, NaomiW said:

Out of interest, what more do they offer for suite passengers on other lines that they don't on P&O? I've never tried a suite on another line

This is Star class Suites on Royal Caribbean Oasis class ships.

Graham 

Screenshot_20210630_135614_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210630_135629_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210630_135732.jpg

From a personal point of view and because I am disabled I would like to see some Shapemaster Gym Equipment in the gym.

It is powered assisted gym equipment that is a massive help to many people who are disabled, older, recovering from a stroke or any other long term illness. 

I am lucky enough to live only a 10 min drive to where this is available and I use it approx four times a week. You get a full body work out in 30 mins.

I imagine on a world cruise where there are many older people this could be a massive help especially to those who find it difficult to use ordinary gym equipment. They only take a small area too. 

Michelle

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham 

I am close to been Diamond on Royal but I would like some of those benefits.
We always book a dining package as I love Wonderland and Chops Grill and a drinks package as I like fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast and a cocktail or two on an evening 

Michelle

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Wowzz.

I cannot understand why people could actually take pride in being tightwads.

You only live once so make the most of your cruise if you can afford it.

I enjoyed the Elite mini bar set up on Grand Princess on our last cruise and it would be nice if P&O gave a little more thought in rewarding their most loyal passengers.

Not all are tightwads Graham , some people have health issues or possibly don't drink by choice.

We have been lucky and never worried about a bar bill as money was not a problem and used 

to drink like the best of them .Now I find myself in a situation where I had to stop drinking ,no 

choice in the matter if I like living . I am on a limited liquid intake and so if I am lucky to board a ship I will spend very little behind the bar these days .Fair play to those who can drink  but I do spare a thought for those who are in this situation as I am now one of them . I remember one cruise we were on when we loved a good drink ,we were chatting to a nice couple new to cruising and we bought them a couple of drinks off our card as we had more OBC than needed anyway .You could say we were spreading the happiness that night :classic_smile::classic_love:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

Not all are tightwads Graham , some people have health issues or possibly don't drink by choice.

We have been lucky and never worried about a bar bill as money was not a problem and used 

to drink like the best of them .Now I find myself in a situation where I had to stop drinking ,no 

choice in the matter if I like living . I am on a limited liquid intake and so if I am lucky to board a 

ship I will spend very little behind the bar these days .Fair play to those who can drink  but I do

spare a thought for those who are in this situation as I am now one of them . I remember one

cruise we were on when we loved a good drink ,we were chatting to a nice couple new to cruising 

and we bought them a couple of drinks of our card as we had more OBC than needed anyway .

You could say we were spreading the happiness that night :classic_smile::classic_love:

Nothing wrong with being a tightwad. If a cruise line wants our hard earned cash they can jolly well earn it. Temp us. If somebody is a bit careful and they get 3 cruises when the lavish folk get 2, good luck. A bit of tightwaddery can be good for the soul.. Before I get told off, I'll get back to the topic. Fresh ideas for speciality dining. A nice Italian and Chinese on Britannia, soft drinks and Costa coffee package. Oh ! and decent cheese 🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Nothing wrong with being a tightwad. If a cruise line wants our hard earned cash they can jolly well earn it. Temp us. If somebody is a bit careful and they get 3 cruises when the lavish folk get 2, good luck. A bit of tightwaddery can be good for the soul.. Before I get told off, I'll get back to the topic. Fresh ideas for speciality dining. A nice Italian and Chinese on Britannia, soft drinks and Costa coffee package. 

Tightwaddery .. Love that word  but up until  2019 I was a rubbish at tightwaddery . :classic_unsure:

On a night out we were one of those people who were first in the theatre on board the ship .

We would see people declining a drink (too early )  but not for us as we were as Mickey 

would say "we weren't out but we were out-out ! " The waiter would bring us a drink and it was

"game -on" 20 minutes tops ,we were asking for another one :classic_smile: These days though I will be 

the one sat reading a book on "The Origins Of Tightwaddery " no doubt :classic_mellow:

Back on topic like your idea of a Chinese takeaway  ..Saves nipping up to the buffet and better 

still with a delivery service :classic_wink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

Tightwaddery .. Love that word  but up until  2019 I was a rubbish at tightwaddery . :classic_unsure:

On a night out we were one of those people who were first in the theatre on board the ship .

We would see people declining a drink (too early )  but not for us as we were as Mickey 

would say "we weren't out but we were out-out ! " The waiter would bring us a drink and it was

"game -on" 20 minutes tops ,we were asking for another one :classic_smile: These days though I will be 

the one sat reading a book on "The Origins Of Tightwaddery " no doubt :classic_mellow:

Back on topic like your idea of a Chinese takeaway  ..Saves nipping up to the buffet and better 

still with a delivery service :classic_wink:

Not too bothered about a Chinese takeaway, but I would enjoy a Japanese Hibachi or Teppanyaki restaurant, if you prefer the American name. 

• Like 2

I'd like to see some individuality return to the ships.

I used to like it when there were different restaurants on each ship, like the Cafe Bordeaux on Aurora, The Orchid on Arcadia, and Cafe Jardin on good old Oceana.

Nowadays, most of the venues are the same like Sindhu and the Beach House. I like both, but I would like less 'cloning'

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Not too bothered about a Chinese takeaway, but I would enjoy a Japanese Hibachi or Teppanyaki restaurant, if you prefer the American name. 

Japanese Hibachi :classic_unsure: Had to Google that to see what it was John ,at first reading I thought it 

was a  Japanese wi-fi system :classic_wink: Handy on the balcony for keeping the pasties warm though :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

choice in the matter if I like living . I am on a limited liquid intake and so if I am lucky to board a ship I will spend very little behind the bar these days .Fair play to those who can drink  but I do spare a thought for those who are in this situation as I am now one of them . I remember one cruise we were on when we loved a good drink ,we were chatting to a nice couple new to cruising and we bought them a couple of drinks off our card as we had more OBC than needed anyway .You could say we were spreading the happiness that night :classic_smile::classic_love:

Thanks Kalos.

It was the Wowzz comment about people being pleased with themselves for spending little on the cruise that I couldn't understand.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

It was the Wowzz comment about people being pleased with themselves for spending little on the cruise that I couldn't understand.

I have to accept that we spend very little on our cruises now.

Accessible shore excursions are very expensive and limited in number  and we have done most of those we really want to do.

Pauline rarely drinks alcohol and I need to stay sober to avoid being accused of dangerous wheelchair driving, and you can only drink so many mocktails.

We do enjoy an occasional speciality restaurant, but we are both more than happy with the MDR menus, and I do  enjoy meeting fresh faces each night on freedom dining.

With our extra OBC from our Shareholding we quite often need to buy some perfume from the shop to use it all.

• Like 7

To be fair, I was obviously not passing comment on those who are not spending money due to medical conditions.

As to tight waddery, I have to say that when I saw someone buy a small bottle of water in the MDR, pour half of it, and then ask for the bottle to be kept for the next night, that I realised that I lived in a different world to some  people.

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham 

When you compare it to P&O perks it’s embarrassing 😂 I mean yes those Star class suites go for upwards of £8000 each for a week, but even the Sky class perks get their own restaurant, access to the retreat sun deck and priority seating etc. 

edit: “Suite sun deck”. Getting confused with Celebrity! Who also have amazing suite perks 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

RCI have Hibachi on some of their ships- well worth the money!