What can P&O do better going forward ?

kalos

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Knock down Ocean and Mayflower terminals, and rebuild them modelled on City terminal, then poach someone senior from the City terminal so they can re-train the P&O staff to offer the sort of service we deserve. Sack CPS and award the parking contract to ABP using self parking. Finally improve the loyalty benefits to match, or even better those of Princess and Royal Caribbean.

I take it you don't enjoy sitting in the tin shed for an hour or so. Paying £2 for a bottle of water is much preferred to free water/coffee/juice at City terminal. If you're Diamond+ like Graham and Pauline you get refreshed with ice cold Dom Perignon and carried to your suite in a sedan chair.🤣

• Haha 4

Give us a choice of Bath Sheet or 'normal' Bath Towels. I HATE bath sheets, impossible to handle and every bit as bad as my usual  Duvet Cover Carnage.

I am forced to take a couple of microfibre bath towels just to retain my sanity. 😵

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I take it you don't enjoy sitting in the tin shed for an hour or so. Paying £2 for a bottle of water is much preferred to free water/coffee/juice at City terminal. If you're Diamond+ like Graham and Pauline you get refreshed with ice cold Dom Perignon and carried to your suite in a sedan chair.🤣

It also helps that we are good tippers Zap.😂🍾🤑🤑

• Haha 1

Bring back Twinings Tea.

Bring back turn down service, actually I'm not bothered about the bed and chocolate but clean towels in the evening are a must. Pax on Britannia have confirmed no fresh towels in the evening.

Thick toast at MDR breakfast as standard

Sandwiches/wraps/paninis in the buffet at lunch time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Knock down Ocean and Mayflower terminals, and rebuild them modelled on City terminal, then poach someone senior from the City terminal so they can re-train the P&O staff to offer the sort of service we deserve. Sack CPS and award the parking contract to ABP using self parking. Finally improve the loyalty benefits to match, or even better those of Princess and Royal Caribbean.

I don't have a problem with P&O's boarding process in Southampton but, 1 - I've never used City Terminal and 2 - there are nearly always fewer than 2000 pax boarding when I cruise...

42 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Bring back Twinings Tea.

Bring back turn down service, actually I'm not bothered about the bed and chocolate but clean towels in the evening are a must. Pax on Britannia have confirmed no fresh towels in the evening.

Thick toast at MDR breakfast as standard

Sandwiches/wraps/paninis in the buffet at lunch time. 

Usually it is only embarkation day when they don't have a turn down service in the evening isn't it?

I don't need clean towels in an evening though - do you have clean towels twice a day at home?

I'm with you 100% on the thick toast though!

• Like 2

I’m happy with CPS and don’t want to self park.

I would like to see better offers with shore excursions - buy 2 and then a saving on the third. Any type of ‘package’ would be welcome especially on longer cruises where we might book half a dozen excursions in 5 weeks. 
I would also welcome family shorex packages possibly with a reduction for teenagers who currently pay adult prices. Mine have long passed that age but it would have been great! 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Waju said:

Usually it is only embarkation day when they don't have a turn down service in the evening isn't it?

I don't need clean towels in an evening though - do you have clean towels twice a day at home?

On the seacation cruises they are only servicing the cabins in the morning. It’s not the fact that it is only once a day but that you don’t have a choice between morning or night. If you shower before dinner you don’t want wet towels around all night. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I would like to see P&O offer more Loyalty rewards on board.

RCG loyalty benefits are excellent.

Princess loyalty benefits are very good.

P&O loyalty benefits after the discount which only applies after OBC is used is nothing.

New Princess Loyalty unveiled today

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/cc/captains-circle-loyalty-benefits.pdf

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Waju said:

On social media people on board Britannia are reporting no turn down at all.

I shower before dinner, it's essential for getting suntan lotion off. Therefore it is nice to have towels replaced in the evening so they are clean and dry for the morning ablutions. And I am not at home, I am in what is meant to be 4 star accommodation  with its attendant service levels. 

Toast - yummy

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I am looking forward to having afternoon tea on our balcony on our next Princess cruise but what has happened to our free internet minutes ?  Looks like I will just catch up on email etc when we go into ports as I do on P&O.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I am looking forward to having afternoon tea on our balcony on our next Princess cruise but what has happened to our free internet minutes ?  Looks like I will just catch up on email etc when we go into ports as I do on P&O.

You should have chosen Princess Plus. Well worth it even if Elite. If not you get internet at half price as Elite. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

7 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

You should have chosen Princess Plus. Well worth it even if Elite. If not you get internet at half price as Elite. 

Our alcohol consumption is a glass of wine with dinner and OH will have a glass of beer and I will have a soft drink after the show.  We don't usually bother to drink the Elite bar set up other than the soft drinks.  So as you can see the Princess Plus package doesn't  work for us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Our alcohol consumption is a glass of wine with dinner and OH will have a glass of beer and I will have a soft drink after the show.  We don't usually bother to drink the Elite bar set up other than the soft drinks.  So as you can see the Princess Plus package doesn't  work for us.

The gratuities and internet plus coffees etc amount to the same as Princess Plus, no need to be a big drinker so work for us. It’s very borderline. 
I’ll admit the changes are not exactly  to people’s advantage. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

11 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

That's fine at the moment whilst the Princess Plus package is such good value. I would imagine however that once cruising returns to normal and demand increases, the cost of that will also increase...

14 minutes ago, Britboys said:

That's fine at the moment whilst the Princess Plus package is such good value. I would imagine however that once cruising returns to normal and demand increases, the cost of that will also increase...

Could be

There are things I dislike about P&O, but changing those things would take away the things that makes it different to the American lines.

My top 3 that frustrate me which can easily be changed 

1. More diverse cocktail menu. Especially the ones around the pool. The bartenders do not like making swaps or making anything that’s not on the menu!

2. More options in the buffet. I find the buffet very limited. It would be nice to see a bigger salad selection with lots of dressings and toppings. 
3. Wider range of excursions. (However this may change if they force us to do ship excursions)

34 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Although the price dropped by £5 per day only a few months ago!

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I would like to see P&O offer more Loyalty rewards on board.

RCG loyalty benefits are excellent.

Princess loyalty benefits are very good.

P&O loyalty benefits after the discount which only applies after OBC is used is nothing.

Far too many loyal customers already without the need for more benefits.

Unless it’s for those people with 50+ cruises then free booze, free upgrades, free transport to the ship and massive discounts would do nicely.

🙂. 🙂

Gan Canny

Dai

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, daiB said:

Far too many loyal customers already without the need for more benefits.

Unless it’s for those people with 50+ cruises then free booze, free upgrades, free transport to the ship and massive discounts would do nicely.

🙂. 🙂

Gan Canny

Dai

54 cruises for us.

I like P&O and have 2 cruises booked with them but as Kalos asked the question for this thread RCG in particular have massive loyalty because of their loyalty program myself included and I feel P&O are sadly lacking in rewarding their most loyal customers.

We have 3 RCG cruises booked where all 5 of our booked cruises might have been with P&O if the loyalty program had been enticing.

It might be controversial but I think they should include onboard spend in determining loyalty benefits. Research, I believe by Princess, has shown that the average onboard spend decreases as the number of cruises taken increases. So those couples you meet who have completed many dozen cruises and don't spend anything on board are not good for the company bottom line so why are they been awarded for that? Or maybe don't have any significant loyalty programme at all. 😈

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It might be controversial but I think they should include onboard spend in determining loyalty benefits. Research, I believe by Princess, has shown that the average onboard spend decreases as the number of cruises taken increases. So those couples you meet who have completed many dozen cruises and don't spend anything on board are not good for the company bottom line so why are they been awarded for that? Or maybe don't have any significant loyalty programme at all. 😈

Absolutely agree. On board spend is a vital part of cruise line profitability. Why encourage those cruisers who spend very little.

In fact, perks should be limited to those with limited number of cruises, as these new cruisers will spend more than the "old  salts". 

• Like 2

Same here ,we have to be careful what we wish for ,yes we have been on a ship 

with £300 spend each and as we left the ship I think our bill for the cruise was around 

£18.00 mark. Great for us but not good for P&O was it ? Some people ask for more 

perks ,more onboard spend ,they want more for less but someone has to pay for it .

Just an idea but maybe if P&O increased their loyalty scheme that would be better 

all round .The more you cruise with them the bigger discount that applies for everyone.

It's all well and good wanting loads of OBC and every other perk we can think of plus 

a silly tacky pin which I will never wear . Regardless of how many cruises some of  us 

have under our belt with P&O ,people who are new to cruising also like value for money 

and why not . It's not just about us or the newcomers P&O need to make money as well,

not just £18 from a couple who spent well .We loved it but someone somewhere was 

paying for that cruise .

• Like 4