What can P&O do better going forward ?

kalos

What would you like to see brought in or stopped as we move forward with cruising again ?  

For one, whilst ever we have mask wearing in the ships food outlets ,please stop people

putting masks on tables, it is a disgusting habit . I would also like to see places like the

Glasshouse used for it's original purpose of food and drink ,not for someone's afternoon

nap (We all have cabins for this ) and keep your feet off the chairs they are not foot rests !  

Moving on to the Prom Deck ,the people who buy a takeaway Costa Coffee please take your

empty plastic cup back inside  when your done .We have enough plastic in the sea  without

anyone leaving them to blow about on the deck .Maybe Costa should be served in a proper

mugs going forward ... Anything you you think would make cruising better for everyone ..?

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, kalos said:

What would you like to see brought in or stopped as we move forward with cruising again ?  

For one, whilst ever we have mask wearing in the ships food outlets ,please stop people

putting masks on tables, it is a disgusting habit . I would also like to see places like the

Glasshouse used for it's original purpose of food and drink ,not for someone's afternoon

nap (We all have cabins for this ) and keep your feet off the chairs they are not foot rests !  

Moving on to the Prom Deck ,the people who buy a takeaway Costa Coffee please take your

empty plastic cup back inside  when your done .We have enough plastic in the sea  without

anyone leaving them to blow about on the deck .Maybe Costa should be served in a proper

mugs going forward ... Anything you you think would make cruising better for everyone ..?

Plastic cups, lids, plates, straws etc have no place on cruise ships. On the remodeled P&O ships, fastpass for the rides and water slides, dodgems etc. As the line is predominately British, kebab stalls and a burger bar.🤣

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Have an policy that is enforced to stop chair hogs. One hour and any belongings are removed!

You are getting too tolerant Wowzz. 40 minutes and out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Have an policy that is enforced to stop chair hogs. One hour and any belongings are removed!

I thought they did have such a policy and it was half an hour.  Never seen it enforced though ☹️

Agree that they should have/re-instate such a policy and actually enforce it.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

As the line is predominately British, kebab stalls and a burger bar.🤣

I vaguely recall on embarkation day on our last cruise (many moons ago), that there was small Turkish buffet by one of the pools.

Didn't try it as a) we'd just been at the Embarkation lunch, and we'd eaten in Ottoman Kitchen in Southampton the night before. 

An occasional lamb or chicken doner in the buffet at late snacks would be nice though.

• Like 4

A bit of a revamp of the MDR breakfast special choices would be nice.  I think I read on another thread that there have been some changes.

On Ventura and Azura, move the ballroom dance lessons back to Havana/similar.  

Hopefully I'll think of some more later.

• Like 3

Gat rid of “dynamic” pricing and just charge a fair fare with perhaps a discount for very early bookers.

I have been on the winning and losing side of the pricing policy but personally I think they would make more profit by having a fixed price. Customers would know it was safe to book in that period between early booking and late deals.

• Like 7

I would like to see P&O offer more Loyalty rewards on board.

RCG loyalty benefits are excellent.

Princess loyalty benefits are very good.

P&O loyalty benefits after the discount which only applies after OBC is used is nothing.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, kalos said:

Great topic Kalos.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Sort out IT. Wasted hours on trying to check in this week. Even a message saying it’s broken would help. Other than that sort out the suite offering. So below par v other lines. 

Agree re the suite offering poor compared to other lines which is why we seldom book one on P&O - all you get is a slightly bigger cabin and a couple of other minor benefits.

At the moment I’d rather book a decent balcony and use the money saved to buy the perks that come with other suites.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

Sort out IT. Wasted hours on trying to check in this week. Even a message saying it’s broken would help. Other than that sort out the suite offering. So below par v other lines. 

All of Carnival UK IT is abysmal it is not just a P&O problem.  I often wonder whether they lose custom because a lot of people like to book online but get frustrated with the clunkiness of the system.

• Like 2

Just now, Josy1953 said:

All of Carnival UK IT is abysmal it is not just a P&O problem.  I often wonder whether they lose custom because a lot of people like to book online but get frustrated with the clunkiness of the system.

Princess booking system is different and very easy to navigate

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I would like to see P&O offer more Loyalty rewards on board.

RCG loyalty benefits are excellent.

Princess loyalty benefits are very good.

P&O loyalty benefits after the discount which only applies after OBC is used is nothing.

I agree.

I’d like to see free wi-fi.

Their IT certainly needs a thorough overhaul…

With regards to removing towels off sun beds I think an hour is fair. I have been gone 20 mins (to go back to cabin after a swim) and found my stuff moved. That is particularly annoying as a single traveller and have to tell neighbours I’ll be back very soon!

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Princess booking system is different and very easy to navigate

Princess booking system is definitely easier to navigate but having had to ring Princess this week to make a booking which was impossible to do on line because the system kept going down I am less than impressed with their IT.  The very helpful young lady on the phone had to call me back because she said that her system was also failing and she was struggling to do bookings.

I probably expect higher standards due to my background in IT systems design and development.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Gat rid of “dynamic” pricing and just charge a fair fare with perhaps a discount for very early bookers.

I have been on the winning and losing side of the pricing policy but personally I think they would make more profit by having a fixed price. Customers would know it was safe to book in that period between early booking and late deals.

As long as the other cruise companies did the same than you could have a direct comparison, if p&o just did it every other cruise line in direct competition would undercut them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

As long as the other cruise companies did the same than you could have a direct comparison, if p&o just did it every other cruise line in direct competition would undercut them.

It’s not a direct comparison in any event. They all do things just a little differently and what you like determines the price you will pay.

I would like them to make sure they keep the two smaller ships for as long as possible.

Eggs Benedict on the breakfast menu daily.

Retain fixed dining times (fine with freedom as an addition!).

More events for solos - first/second night hosted meet, maybe a private cocktail party - after all we usually pay a lot more to sail solo. 

Better deals for solos when they sell specific cruises cheap, which are advertised.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Unfortunately "dynamic" pricing throughout the holiday industry not just cruising is here to stay. It does work both ways and I have benefited in prices being reduced but it is only human nature to moan about price increases.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Unfortunately "dynamic" pricing throughout the holiday industry not just cruising is here to stay. It does work both ways and I have benefited in prices being reduced but it is only human nature to moan about price increases.

I have a cruise booked where the price is now more than double, yeh I’m a winner on that one. However that makes me very aware of the fact that I could at some point be paying more than double! That puts me off some bookings for the future.

Instead of highs and lows / winners and losers why not go for the middle road?

• Like 2

Knock down Ocean and Mayflower terminals, and rebuild them modelled on City terminal, then poach someone senior from the City terminal so they can re-train the P&O staff to offer the sort of service we deserve. Sack CPS and award the parking contract to ABP using self parking. Finally improve the loyalty benefits to match, or even better those of Princess and Royal Caribbean.

• Like 4