John announced Vista cruisers

jimbo5544

Just now, amypintx said:

They said this originally but there are people on my July Vista roll call that have received exemptions for their children under 12.

I hope they get to go.  I just saw a conversation with John Heald yesterday and in a conversation with a cruiser, was apologizing for staring only vaccinated cruisers were allowed now until August.  Such mixed messages. 

2 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Such mixed messages.

So true. There are still a few that haven't received an exemption or a denial email and are still holding out hope that they'll get to go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Higher than I had expected - but not surprised, given their previous silence on the topic.

I think it’s really closer to 66%. Maybe 75% of what Google says the max capacity is…if you have no solos and no couples in rooms that can hold 4 or 5 people, etc. but really the last numbers posted on a real vista class cruise were 4,500. And I think that’s about what we had on my vista and panorama cruises. I call this 66% of what actually usually cruises on that ship.

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think it’s really closer to 66%. Maybe 75% of what Google says the max capacity is…if you have no solos and no couples in rooms that can hold 4 or 5 people, etc. but really the last numbers posted on a real vista class cruise were 4,500. And I think that’s about what we had on my vista and panorama cruises. I call this 66% of what actually usually cruises on that ship.

When is your next cruise Saint Greg?  We took advantage of a VIFP rate and are sailing Sept 4 on Magic out of Port Canaveral!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

When is your next cruise Saint Greg?  We took advantage of a VIFP rate and are sailing Sept 4 on Magic out of Port Canaveral!!

August 28th Mardi Gras. I'll be getting off Mardi Gras in PC the day you're getting on Magic.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

That is a lot less then I was expecting in all honesty, Wonder how full my MG Sailings will be on the 21st and 28th. 

Same here. I would love to see reduced capacity for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

This certainly makes it sound like the second they are out from under the CDC requirements it will be back to normal regardless of vaccination status, and they are on the edge of their seats just waiting for that to happen since they haven't released any information on sailings beyond August. Interesting...

There will be new CDC requirements. Aren't they due today?

12 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

August 28th Mardi Gras. I'll be getting off Mardi Gras in PC the day you're getting on Magic.

Remember to check out Rikki Tiki Tavern at the end of Cocoa Beach Pier if you get a chance.

Have you gotten a travel visa for Nassau? Thx!

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

JH said today there was 2948 cruisers sailing tomorrow on Vista, 888 first time Carnival cruisers.  Very interesting

Thanks for sharing. To put the total passenger number into perspective, it's about as many as the Celebrity Millennium, the Adventure OTS, and the Celebrity had on their initial sailings - COMBINED.  That's a lot more than I expected, for sure.

Other fun stats he shared from this same sailing:

• 737 red cards, 840 gold, 394 platinum, 81 diamond.  Not as high-tier-heavy as I expected, and less so than I'm used to (I've done a lot of Journeys cruises)
  • Top 5 states - Texas (1588), Louisiana (138), Oklahoma (124), California (105), Arkansas (61)
  • Seven came from Cleveland, Ohio (that's an inside joke 😁)
  • 2831 passengers are U.S. citizens/residents.  Nine came from Mexico, six from Canada.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Extended last night

Cant see any updated info on the CDC website.  What date were they ordered to have revised guidelines by?

7 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Cant see any updated info on the CDC website.  What date were they ordered to have revised guidelines by?

I looked for it as well.  It was on the late noes.  The “new” date was July 17 I think.

12 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

In the original order, they were originally ordered to supply new rules based upon “current medical conditions (or wording to that effect) and the cruise lines  had till the 17th (I think) to reply.  After these dates (originally) the cruise lines could take the CDC “new” requirements as recommendations .  If I am off on some of this, some of my friends will correct me.  The clip sid that the CDC asked for an extension to the second date or later to submit new rules.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Remember to check out Rikki Tiki Tavern at the end of Cocoa Beach Pier if you get a chance.

First I've heard of needing one. Is that something we need? If so I don't think anyone in my roll calls knows about it.

Edited by Saint Greg

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

First I've heard of needing one. Is that something we need? If so I don't think anyone in my roll calls knows about it.

4 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I'm still trying to figure it out.  Here's the link to getting one, if we need it.

https://www.onlinevisa.com/bahamas-visa/

In one of his videos earlier this week, John Heald said don't worry about the Bahamas visa.  The Horizon is going out in two days with two stops in the Bahamas.  I assume Carnival either got a group visa or the Bahamas made an exception to their requirements for cruise passengers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Fast forward a month - I wonder if they have any upper limit in mind for when the Mardi Gras starts sailing.

I'll continue to wonder no doubt. At any rate, it is what it is !!

Tom

Some of us never outgrow the age of wonder.  For us, it's a glorious, fun-filled, wondrous world.  Combined with the condition known as wanderlust, there is constant joy but lasting satisfaction cannot be achieved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, June Bug said:

Not for July cruises.  John Heald posted on FB that they’ve made a difficult decision to deny all exemptions for July.  

125D3B0A-5F16-4BEE-8A30-BFF682C78091.png

He corrected that pretty quickly.  There are a few threads on CC that have posts from people sailing in July that received exceptions. I am traveling on July 10th and my daughter got an exemption