THE BUFFET

adjustman

4 hours ago, Radiioman46 said:

Carnival made the buffets back to normal. Now, ppl are upset things are normal. 

Some people...

I'm glad the buffets are up and running as they were before covid. Carnival can tweak procedures at any time if needed. Relax, be happy all 🙂 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

I'll agree with 95% of your posting, with the exception of two words.

Cruising with the unvaccinated in inevitable. It's just a matter of when they start allowing it and then when any restriction for them is dropped. A certain percentage of people cannot be vaccinated and we will not forever restrict them from cruising or make them behave like steerage passengers on the Titanic. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

If someone is this worried about COVID being spread through people touching things, then they should probably not be cruising anyway. 

You cannot sanitize your world. Just DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE and you will be good to go.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I appreciate being able to serve myself at the buffet and I am ready for Carnival to drop all protocols hopefully by the end of the year. No Vaccine, No Mask, No Restrictions. If it scares you, stay home. 

No restrictions doesn't scare me for my safety. But.....no restrictions certainly does scare me that the cruise industry may find themselves up a creek without a paddle....once again. No restrictions is not a good idea when there are still too many un-vaxxed people out there.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Cruising with the unvaccinated in inevitable. It's just a matter of when they start allowing it and then when any restriction for them is dropped. A certain percentage of people cannot be vaccinated and we will not forever restrict them from cruising or make them behave like steerage passengers on the Titanic. 

Agree. These are the people who need to be protected by everyone else who is vaccinated. That is how and why herd immunity works. Problem is, there are still too many people who refuse to be vaccinated, not that they can not be vaccinated.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, asalligo said:

I dont think any cruiseline will welcome unvaxxed any time soon ..maybe 1 or 2 years, but I'd say not this year. Not with new variants. It's fine if they dont get vaccinated but right now cruising isnt a good vacation choice for them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I don't think any cruise line will welcome unvaxxed any time soon ..maybe 1 or 2 years, but I'd say not this year. Not with new variants. It's fine if they don't get vaccinated but right now cruising isn't a good vacation choice for them.

I do not think this year either, but I am betting February 2022 will be no restrictions. 

hubby and I had a huge debate about the buffet.  it is not a game changer. still doing Mardi Gras.  again, I can always wash my hands before eating (which I do anyway at a restaurant.) so its not a big deal. hubby was like I will find other food instead of Buffet. again, his choice but not hindering him from Mardi Gras. 

5 minutes ago, stellarose said:

hubby and I had a huge debate about the buffet.  it is not a game changer. still doing Mardi Gras.  again, I can always wash my hands before eating (which I do anyway at a restaurant.) so its not a big deal. hubby was like I will find other food instead of Buffet. again, his choice but not hindering him from Mardi Gras. 

Long before the covid scare. Cruise lines had people squirting hand sanitizer in you hands when you entered. Many have wash stations at the entrance also and direct you to them. So what's the big deal now? What is there to be afraid of? Nothing different. Ships now are cleaned and sanitized far better than before and before they were cleaned constantly anyhow. back and forth about the Buffet is getting stupid for sure.

The likelyhood of catching Covid from touch or food is extremely unlikely. It transmits mainly from inhaling droplets. Stomach acids kill the virus. You would have to touch the food directly where there is a droplet and then touch your eye or something similar to that. You may catch Noro from the buffet but that has always been a hazzard.

I am very happy they have for the most part required people to be vaccinated. That is what I am worried about. The buffet does not scare me. 

It's been proven that this virus is spread through the air and not by contact.  There should be no need for any precautions other than what was already in place prepandemic.  (sneeze guards etc).  T

That being said, wash your hands, use a glove if you are uncomfortable.  And if you don't want to sail with Carnival over this, then that frees up a cabin for someone who does.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DramaQueen22 said:

It's been proven that this virus is spread through the air and not by contact.  There should be no need for any precautions other than what was already in place prepandemic.  (sneeze guards etc).  T

That being said, wash your hands, use a glove if you are uncomfortable.  And if you don't want to sail with Carnival over this, then that frees up a cabin for someone who does.

NCL is also having self serve buffet on their ships. It says so on their website. But........there will be no un-vaxxed passengers on their ships.

4 hours ago, asalligo said:

Fully understand it's inevitable.  Just hoping it's sometime next year.

40 minutes ago, stellarose said:

look all I want is a blue iguana breakfast burrito for breakfast,   pizza or panini  for lunch and MDR for dinner so Mardi Gras...here I come. 

Everything you listed is served to you.  At lunchtime, don't forget about two other things that will be served to you.  Homemade gelato or the cake station.

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Everything you listed is served to you.  At lunchtime, don't forget about two other things that will be served to you.  Homemade gelato or the cake station.

but that was all I ate before Covid on ccl . I am creature of habit.  again, not afraid to sail.  bring it on!!!!

On 7/2/2021 at 2:25 PM, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Worried, wear gloves. Killing a cruise makes no sense at all over the buffet or do not go to the buffet.

What's the big deal?

Gloves spread more disease and viruses than not wearing gloves.
Gloves should be banned from cruise ships.

6 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I dont think any cruiseline will welcome unvaxxed any time soon ..maybe 1 or 2 years, but I'd say not this year. Not with new variants. It's fine if they dont get vaccinated but right now cruising isnt a good vacation choice for them.

You really think they will keep kids of ships for that long?

6 hours ago, stellarose said:

So what's the plan?  You get your food one place and he gets his food somewhere else, then meet in the middle to find a table?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

So what's the plan?  You get your food one place and he gets his food somewhere else, then meet in the middle to find a table?

At breakfast, you can get breakfast served to you at BlueIguana, or Chibang or Emeril's.  There are even more served to you options for lunch. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2021 at 1:43 PM, ontheweb said:

For DW it is actually more wasteful when the buffet is served as she is always given more than she would have taken herself. (She is probably one of the few people in the world who loses weight basically every cruise we take.  As she is a teacher, we cruise in the summer when it is very hot, and we generally walk a lot in the ports. And she eats very little.)

And really, I understand your feeling, but people taking less food in the buffet would not really affect anyone else's starvation.

I thought that having a served buffet, as on Holland America, would cut down on waste, because some people tend to pile too much food on their plate and then not eat it.  But the officer in charge of sanitation and wasted disposal on my Holland America cruise said it did not affect the amount of wasted food at all.  He was as surprised as I was!

7 hours ago, PC 462 said:

I thought that having a served buffet, as on Holland America, would cut down on waste, because some people tend to pile too much food on their plate and then not eat it.  But the officer in charge of sanitation and wasted disposal on my Holland America cruise said it did not affect the amount of wasted food at all.  He was as surprised as I was!

That is surprising. I thought that there would be many more taking way too much than those like my DW who were given more than they wanted.