Live Horizon July 4th. John Heald. We are back!

30 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Please ask John Heald, or someone, when are the webcams going to go live?

Also if the could make pdf versions of the Fun Times available to download? At least while on the ship 

Will do

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clemson Cruiser said:

Welcome y’all!  We are Paul and Wendy from Myrtle Beach, SC.  Headed out tomorrow, July 4th, on the Carnival Horizon.  

Wow, just wow.  Can’t believe it’s happening.  Follow along for pics and updates.   

Currently waiting at the Myrtle Beach airport for our flight in to FLL.  

CFF34D05-C42B-4873-A5B4-555DDBD87B8B.jpeg

Morning y’all!   Would like to show you a stunning view of the cruise ships from my hotel room, but alas I’m cheap 😂.  

parking lot view of the McDonald's.  Also, a brief glimpse of Old Glory.

Happy Fourth of July everyone! 

4EAD8C75-F230-4AED-85B1-1873E8207B02.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

A little background on us.  We love to cruise.  We prefer the Journey cruises, with our last cruise being 14 days on the Breeze, January 2020.  

We are never in the cabin very often, so usual choose to be inside due to price.  This cruise we got the deal if the century, and will have a cove balcony.  

Disclaimer.  There will be alcohol, gambling and overall general mischief ahead.  I can tell this is going to be a cruise to remember for a long time.  

sometimes we are pirates

42FB6764-03B1-4CF6-B106-33E7768D6903.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clemson Cruiser said:

A little background on us.  We love to cruise.  We prefer the Journey cruises, with our last cruise being 14 days on the Breeze, January 2020.  

We are never in the cabin very often, so usual choose to be inside due to price.  This cruise we got the deal if the century, and will have a cove balcony.  

Disclaimer.  There will be alcohol, gambling and overall general mischief ahead.  I can tell this is going to be a cruise to remember for a long time.  

sometimes we are pirates

42FB6764-03B1-4CF6-B106-33E7768D6903.jpeg

Let us know if Carnival confiscates your decorative rum runner that matches your costumes!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TooManyWakeUpsTilWeSail said:

Let us know if Carnival confiscates your decorative rum runner that matches your costumes!

😂 that picture isn’t recent.  We contemplated the idea of bringing the pirate gear this trip, but did not.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few updates found on this sailings roll call. 

john Heald and Christine Duffy are at the port greeting passengers.  

Check in times didn’t start until 10:30 am, but rules don’t apply to some and they were checked in early, but not allowed to board yet.  

Dining room menus will no longer be given.  You can scan a bar code for the menu.  I usually know what I’m ordering before I sit down anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much for doing this!  I can’t wait to follow along!  Horizon was my last cruise in January 2020 so she has a soft spot in my heart.  Thanks again!

30 minutes ago, Vrybusy said:

...My first report…..They were not holding people to their check in times. ...

Interesting. I would have thought that they could keep it up (mandating arrival/check-in times) for at least a few cruises. Perhaps it's just an initial hiccup.

(CONGRATS!)

Tom

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Interesting. I would have thought that they could keep it up (mandating arrival/check-in times) for at least a few cruises. Perhaps it's just an initial hiccup.

(CONGRATS!)

Tom

My assumption is that this won’t be the case on Friday. They will have to debarking, clean and turnover. This ship was clean, empty and ready to go! But from past experience I am sure people will read this and be lining up at 9 am! 

We are on!   Embarkation was longer than normal which is to be expected.  We didn’t have to go through a health screening area to show our vaccine card, as was previously stated.  The boarding process would be stopped for 5-10 minutes periodically.  

Every single employee was ecstatic and enthusiastic, even more so than the passengers 😆 

0EDD1D28-B7E5-4B30-A146-FBE5B8E8A3C1.jpeg

• Like 11