Masks

From Princess CruiseHealth - Frequently Asked Questions

"If you're sailing on one of these cruises, guests who are fully vaccinated can enjoy taking in a show, sharing a world-class meal, and other onboard experiences without wearing a mask or physical distancing. Ports will clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces often and provide hand-sanitizing stations. They may also require mask wearing and physical distancing throughout the terminal. For your own protection, we may recommend wearing masks in crowded indoor spaces or while accessing select services. Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times while indoors, in accordance with health authority requirements."

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Taken from the Q&A pages relating to UK Seacation cruises:

1. Will I have to wear a face mask or physical distance?

Masks will be required to be worn in certain areas on board. Everyone on board will need to adhere to the most up-to-date guidance regarding the use of face-coverings and social distancing.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

From last week's Princess webinar:

1550174585_28Slide004.jpg.9bad025646eafd54e8d0f0692242541f.jpg

Different rules for the US then. On my forthcoming European cruise on Sky, in October, all passengers will need fo be fully vaccinated, and, in addition, testing will be carried out prior to boarding. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Different rules for the US then. On my forthcoming European cruise on Sky, in October, all passengers will need fo be fully vaccinated, and, in addition, testing will be carried out prior to boarding. 

US law requires companies to make exceptions for medical or religious reasons. So, within the 5% limit of those who are not vaccinated, there can only be those with valid medical or religious exemptions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caribill said:

US law requires companies to make exceptions for medical or religious reasons. So, within the 5% limit of those who are not vaccinated, there can only be those with valid medical or religious exemptions.

Ah yes, sorry, I had forgotten about that (imho) stupid rule !

How do you think will Princess enforce mask wearing for the 5% ? Surely, on a ship with 3000+ passengers it will be impossible for the crew to know who the 150 are, who should be wearing masks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Ah yes, sorry, I had forgotten about that (imho) stupid rule !

How do you think will Princess enforce mask wearing for the 5% ? Surely, on a ship with 3000+ passengers it will be impossible for the crew to know who the 150 are, who should be wearing masks. 

a) I doubt there will be more than a handful of these exceptions.

b) I do not know what capacity the initial cruises are limited to, but they will not be fully booked.

c) The Medallion info can be set up to indicate who is not vaccinated and crew can be notified if a person who is supposed to be masked is in their area. However, of course, I do not know if this is how it will be done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

c) The Medallion info can be set up to indicate who is not vaccinated and crew can be notified if a person who is supposed to be masked is in their area. However, of course, I do not know if this is how it will be done.

Perhaps a medallion of a different color so we can all pick out the non-vaccinated. Also make passengers display their medallions so we can all spot them at a distance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Perhaps a medallion of a different color so we can all pick out the non-vaccinated. Also make passengers display their medallions so we can all spot them at a distance.

Just have them ring a bell as they move about and shout "unclean, unclean"

• Like 9
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Why don't we just paint a red "V" on their foreheads - a la Nathanial Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter" (1850)?  I surely hope you were tongue-in-cheek there.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Taken from the Q&A pages relating to UK Seacation cruises:

1. Will I have to wear a face mask or physical distance?

Masks will be required to be worn in certain areas on board. Everyone on board will need to adhere to the most up-to-date guidance regarding the use of face-coverings and social distancing.

Hopefully guidance will be changing after the 19th July as mask wearing rules and social distance are being dropped from this date in the UK ...and inside cabins are NOW on sale for some seacations which were NOT on sale previously ....

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Why don't we just paint a red "V" on their foreheads - a la Nathanial Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter" (1850)?  I surely hope you were tongue-in-cheek there.

Actually, it's been reported that on some Celebrity ships people are being fitted with rather large cloth ribbon wrist bands that can't be removed - the color indicating vaccination status.  I wonder if some cagey cruisers, who are in fact vaccinated, will claim unvaccinated status just to get the "scarlet letter" wrist band that serves to clear the way in crowded buffet lines/elevators/etc.?

9 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Doesn't help much for most male cruisers who typically would just carry their medallion in their pocket!

4 hours ago, phabric said:

On Royal Caribbean’s Freedom ship that just sailed from Florida, vaccinated wore a bracelet and non vaccinated had a hole punched in their cruise card.

RCI is allowing unlimited numbers of the passengers to be unvaccinated whereas Princess will have almost 100% vaccinated.

I just don't see making almost every passenger wear a special bracelet/band so that the few unvaccinated people without a band can be spotted.

Hard to punch a hole in the Medallion and still have it function.

• Like 1

We are fully vaxxed, but if I feel uncomfortable indoors, or around people who

may or may not be vaxxed? I will wear a mask anyway. 

Today was reported with Pfizer, it works about 64% against Delta variant.🤔

That's enough to make me still want to wear a mask.😷

• Like 2

It's hard to enforce mask policy for unvaccinated in the restaurant I work in if your not vaccinated you're supposed to wear a mask but I know that some are not complying and not wearing a mask so I'm sure that will be the same onboard the ships.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

We are fully vaxxed, but if I feel uncomfortable indoors, or around people who

may or may not be vaxxed? I will wear a mask anyway. 

Today was reported with Pfizer, it works about 64% against Delta variant.🤔

That's enough to make me still want to wear a mask.😷

Probably the Israeli study that number came from.  Canada/Ontario reports a better number, but not 90's.  I'm fine with things being vaccinated and won't be wearing masks anymore unless forced to.

• Like 1

Princess will most likely have you wear a mask at the port when you check in; there may be baggage handlers and port personnel not vaccinated;  once you board the ship if you feel uncomfortable you can wear a mask;  but it won't be mandatory.