Australia and Asia Cancellations

We have friends in Melbourne, Australia, that we have cruised with before.

They say that they can't leave the country and it is not likely that they will be able to do so until mid-2022.

Ridiculous

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We have friends in Melbourne, Australia, that we have cruised with before.

They say that they can't leave the country and it is not likely that they will be able to do so until mid-2022.

Ridiculous

At the rate things are going there is no point in getting vaccines because they keep moving the goal posts. 

My main beef is with RC if the Quantum is moving to Singapore have the decency to allow voyagers to lift and shift !!!

Edited by soloadventurer
  • Like 2

The lift and shift option is available to residents of Singapore. I managed to shift my Voyager sailing to Quantum. I believe this is due to the fact that Quantum sailings are currently only open to residents of Singapore so all other nationality are only given the option of a full refund.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, direptor said:

The lift and shift option is available to residents of Singapore. I managed to shift my Voyager sailing to Quantum. I believe this is due to the fact that Quantum sailings are currently only open to residents of Singapore so all other nationality are only given the option of a full refund.

thanks for the update

8 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

Any guess on how long the FCC will be extended to past Sept 30 2022? Is there a pattern from previous extensions? There are not many options available right now which is why they probably didnt offer lift and shift.

they aren't extending it. Not many options for FCC that are now into their 2yr limited availability  

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

• Voyager of the Seas®: Originally scheduled to sail from Beijing (Tianjin), China beginning in August 2021 and Singapore as of November 2021, the decision has been made to suspend Voyager’s sailings through March 2022. 
  •  

I haven't received any mail from either Royal Caribbean or my TA  about my Voyager sailing in Jan 2022 being cancelled.

When I login to the Royal Caribbean app, it is still showing as confirmed

Edited by drsel

8 minutes ago, drsel said:

I haven't received any mail from either Royal Caribbean or my TA  about my Voyager sailing in Jan 2022 being cancelled.

When I login to the Royal Caribbean app, it is still showing as confirmed

None of that surprises me.  Communication and IT arenot  their strengths. 

14 hours ago, BecAus said:

I've received emails re: 2 of my 3 cruises - TP this Sept on Ovation and my Quantum for December.

Only had a quick look at email so far but no L & S offered by the looks of it.

Just the usual 125% FCC or refund.

I'm in same boat, had a great price on a GS in December so that's gone - oh well, wasn't unexpected : (

I haven't been notified about my TP in April '22 on Ovation but it's probably on it's way

I am waiting on Ovation April 2022 TP also.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There was only a L&S option for a couple of OV sailings.

(Eligible for Ovation Sept 20 - Oct 16 ONLY!)
On or before July 13, 2021, move to next year's sailing on the same ship, itinerary, embark port,  sailing length (+/- 2 nights) and within the same stateroom category, and your client's cruise fare/promotion is protected!

Ken is it weird that there is no lift option to the next year for this round of cancellations? 

5 hours ago, soloadventurer said:

they aren't extending it. Not many options for FCC that are now into their 2yr limited availability  

So by "reinstating' the FCC, they just reactivate it with the original expiration?  Wow, what bag of coal.

Just to make sure, is the expiration Book By or Sail By?

32 minutes ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Any chance Ovation homeports from SF?

Tbh I think there is a huge chance of Ovation remaining on the west cost of the US after it’s Alaska season. I reckon they just need to sort out the details before announcing cancellation of the the Aus season for Ovation. 

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Any insight as to Serenade’s future??

No insight....just speculation. Radiance is scheduled to do the Panama Canal on Oct 1, '21. She is currently on her way from Singapore.....via the Suez Canal.....somewhere. Typically she would do the Transpacific route.....which is 3000+ miles and 2 canals shorter (Suez and Panama) to get to the West Coast. Where her ultimate destination may be is currently not known. Might RCI switch ships since Serenade is already here? Time will tell. 

Radiance.JPG

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Missusdubbya said:

I am waiting on Ovation April 2022 TP also.

Have they cancelled any of the 2022 AUS cruises, I don't think I've read anyone having theirs cancelled past 2021?  My Quantum was Dec 29th.

I went back and reread the wording and they don't say the whole season is cancelled at this stage I don't think.

Somewhere I read that they've said the whole season was toast but I think that was an article from somewhere not direct info from RCI.

I can understand them holding off cancelling Jan - April if they think there's a chance (I think there's zero chance our govt will let cruise ships in this season) so maybe they're holding out for the second half of the season at the moment?

I submitted my cancellation refund requests by email for my 2 cruises last night so will be interesting to see how long the refund takes this time.

8 minutes ago, BecAus said:

Have they cancelled any of the 2022 AUS cruises, I don't think I've read anyone having theirs cancelled past 2021?  My Quantum was Dec 29th.

I agree that the announcement has been presented/worded in a very confusing way, mostly because they’ve advertised it as which ships are having extensions or redeployments as opposed to what parts of the season are cancelled in Aus. 

Quantum has been extended in Singapore through feb 22, so your December 2021 cruise is cancelled. However they have only cancelled some ovation and serenade cruises and haven’t said anything at all about radiance. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BecAus said:

I went back and reread the wording and they don't say the whole season is cancelled at this stage I don't think.

Somewhere I read that they've said the whole season was toast but I think that was an article from somewhere not direct info from RCI.

I can understand them holding off cancelling Jan - April if they think there's a chance (I think there's zero chance our govt will let cruise ships in this season) so maybe they're holding out for the second half of the season at the moment?

I submitted my cancellation refund requests by email for my 2 cruises last night so will be interesting to see how long the refund takes this time.

Can only hope!

Edited by Missusdubbya
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

Any chance Ovation homeports from SF?

I would think San Pedro would be the better choice  and add more 7 night Mexican Riviera cruises and let Navigator do the shorter itineraries. What would really be nice is to add  roundtrip Hawaii...YES !!!

Edited by Ashland

3 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

From what I can see, Royal have removed all ex Brisbane and Sydney from the website except Ovation and Serenade, including the TPs on Radiance and Quantum April 22.

Ha, ha, I think I'm getting confused as I have three TP's booked over '21/'22.

I checked - my April '22 TP is on Ovation out of Sydney - no cancellation on that yet.

I've rebooked Oct '22 TP on Quantum to Brisbane.