Will Princess cruise from Florida with unvaccinated passengers in Jan 2022?

maggie777

5 hours ago, rabin1 said:

What happens if the CDC decides Pifzer is correct and everyone needs a booster after 8 months? Think of that can of worms

why ?? - people that want / need the booster will have no problem getting it, if the supply is any where near the amount of the 1st 2 doses

make appt, go to Publix, get shot, get $ 10 store card, take card(s) , get bottle of wine ...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, voljeep said:

why ?? - people that want / need the booster will have no problem getting it, if the supply is any where near the amount of the 1st 2 doses

make appt, go to Publix, get shot, get $ 10 store card, take card(s) , get bottle of wine ...

I agree and especially like your instructions!  And to prove it to the cruise line you would do the same as you do now.  I think they can compute 6 (or however many) months since the vaccination.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I agree and especially like your instructions!  And to prove it to the cruise line you would do the same as you do now.  I think they can compute 6 (or however many) months since the vaccination.

we are currently 5+ months since our 2nd shot ... and our next cruise is now 4.5 months away ... so we 'may' be in that booster range if needed

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we are currently 5+ months since our 2nd shot ... and our next cruise is now 4.5 months away ... so we 'may' be in that booster range if needed

We are also 5 months in from our second shot. We have a cruise in Jan so will need the booster.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Wrong Pfizer is working on a new shot to cover the Delta variant 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

Wrong Pfizer is working on a new shot to cover the Delta variant 

sorry, but no - actually both

A booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech strongly extends protection, a new study from the companies shows, and they are developing a vaccine targeted directly at the Delta variant, which first arose in India.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

sorry, but no - actually both

A booster shot of the COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech strongly extends protection, a new study from the companies shows, and they are developing a vaccine targeted directly at the Delta variant, which first arose in India.

I bow to your post you are correct

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

We are also 5 months in from our second shot. We have a cruise in Jan so will need the booster.

We too are at 5 months but don't have a cruise booked until March.  I'm not worried about the booster; at this point I'm more concerned that Pfizer and/or Moderna get the okay for the vaccine for kids between 2 and 11 sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

When NY allowed the religious exemption for not taking the measles vaccine, they did not ask for documentation. And I do not believe the First or Fourteenth Amendments would have allowed them to do so. 

That's the government, private entities may have different rules (depending on which way the winds are blowing).🙈🙊🙉

21 hours ago, ontheweb said:

When NY allowed the religious exemption for not taking the measles vaccine, they did not ask for documentation. And I do not believe the First or Fourteenth Amendments would have allowed them to do so. 

Double post........again

Edited by JF - retired RRT

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

The only problem is if you go to Publix, you get Moderna or J&J, not Pfizer.  It's interesting that Moderna and J&J aren't pushing for a booster.  But I'll take the $10 card anyway it should cover beer as well. 💉+🍺=😊...

Clarification:  Moderna is looking into developing a variant specific booster but hasn't yet determined if it will be necessary.

• Like 1

Caribill and nocl, My dear husband, the ultimate cruiser, thanks you for your knowledge of how Covid  spread on the Diamond and that ventilation in the cabins was not a contributing factor. We are booked for a cruise in February '22 which was booked before we got off one in February '19 ( when we were unaware of the whole issue). I was OK with keeping that reservation as long as everyone on the ship was vaccinated and I was guaranteed a way to get home. Now that the unvaccinated  are pushing for their rights and protocols are changing constantly, how are you to know when you make your final payment what will be in place at the time of sailing?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CanuckCurlers said:

how are you to know when you make your final payment what will be in place at the time of sailing?

I can't answer for the website but on the mobile site it is in a grey box at the top of the page. Its on my August & December 2021 cruises but not on my April 2022 -> cruises. 

Also the CDC says boosters not needed but that leads into a discussion far away from cruising discussions.  Other than I cannot see a scenario where the CDC & NIH state boosters not needed / Pfizer says get a boosters / and cruise ships require them. 

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/954530

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/07/08/joint-cdc-and-fda-statement-vaccine-boosters.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanuckCurlers said:

Caribill and nocl, My dear husband, the ultimate cruiser, thanks you for your knowledge of how Covid  spread on the Diamond and that ventilation in the cabins was not a contributing factor. We are booked for a cruise in February '22 which was booked before we got off one in February '19 ( when we were unaware of the whole issue). I was OK with keeping that reservation as long as everyone on the ship was vaccinated and I was guaranteed a way to get home. Now that the unvaccinated  are pushing for their rights and protocols are changing constantly, how are you to know when you make your final payment what will be in place at the time of sailing?

My thinking when starting this thread was concern about a Jan 2022 cruise with balance due Oct 2021.Will PCL post updates by that time about vax/ non-vax passengers on ships sailing after Jan 1, 2022, especially sailing from Florida.? It is a wait and see game but. I plan to cancel if PCL has not posted the Jan 2022 policy by the time balance is due.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maggie777 said:

My thinking when starting this thread was concern about a Jan 2022 cruise with balance due Oct 2021.Will PCL post updates by that time about vax/ non-vax passengers on ships sailing after Jan 1, 2022, especially sailing from Florida.? It is a wait and see game but. I plan to cancel if PCL has not posted the Jan 2022 policy by the time balance is due.

You have to do what you are comfortable with. 
If masks have to be worn on my 8 hour flight to get to my cruise at the time of final payment I won’t be going. We are vaccinated and will get the booster if available by next March, so not too concerned as we will keep our distance & practice safety measures like we did over the past year.  Can’t really say, everything can change quickly like it did March 2020 when we were to cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. 

• Like 1

we cancelled our 97 day world cruise Jan 2022 LA to FTL (starts Jan in FTL) for 2 reasons

1. we will only sail if 100% vaccinated

2. we are not certain of the ports the cruise will visit with so many closed like Australia

we have a lot of land trips we want to do but would like to get back to cruising. we hope all cruise lines will insist on 100 % vaccinated with only exception being if vaccine is not available due to age (like children under 2). no medical, religious or political exceptions should be allowed.

or, maybe they can have unvaccinated voyages and 100% vaccinated voyages both. this will make everyone happy. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, capriccio said:

The story I read was that all passengers were required to be vaccinated but the crew was not required but 'many' were vaccinated. Those testing positive and their close contacts were disembarked at a small port (Petersburg) and were isolated.  The ship with the remaining crew and passengers returned to Juneau four days early.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/alaska-cruise-ends-early-after-passengers-test-positive-for-covid-19-next-sailing-canceled/ar-AALZJfN

This scenario is my biggest fear now.

Why didn't they just keep them in an isolation room that are supposed to be on board?  I thought that was the protocol.  

Why don't they have a covid vaccine cruise and a non covid vaccine cruise, they have all other type of theme cruises.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mellon1 said:

Why didn't they just keep them in an isolation room that are supposed to be on board?  I thought that was the protocol.  

Why don't they have a covid vaccine cruise and a non covid vaccine cruise, they have all other type of theme cruises.  

I presume those questions are rhetorical and not directed at me because I’m just the messenger repeating what has been reported.

10 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I presume those questions are rhetorical and not directed at me because I’m just the messenger repeating what has been reported.

Just putting it out there not to you directly.  Most people we know who are our friends are our age or close and have the vaccine.  However, there are younger people who are not getting the vaccine because of possible side affects.  

I just think it would be easier to have a cruise for non vaccinated people, that way they can't complain.  This way it alleviates a lot of problems.  

The answer to the question is probably yes.

We cannot be sure if any of the vaccines will be cleared for children under the age of 12, and even if so, will immunization be mandatory.  In addition, although cleared, there are some questions as to whether all teenagers and young adults should be vaccinated.

We must not forget that individuals who have contracted Covid have acquired natural immunity, and the situtation is still unclear as to whether they should be required (although it is encouraged) that they be vaccinated.

Individuals for a variety of reasons (Mast Cell Activation Syndrome, allergies to PEF) may not be medically permitted to receive a vaccine.  

2 hours ago, jrblach said:

maybe they can have unvaccinated voyages and 100% vaccinated voyages both. this will make everyone happy. 

1 hour ago, mellon1 said:

Why don't they have a Covid vaccine cruise and a non Covid vaccine cruise, they have all other type of theme cruises.

So, if (BIG IF) they did this, how many of the people posting here - and others like them - who do not want to cruise with even one un-vaccinated passenger on board, are going to want to go on the next all-vaccinated voyage when there has been un-vaccinated ship full of people exposed to the ship's crew for the prior voyage?