Decision date for Sept 25th cruises.

wowzz

On 7/21/2021 at 8:15 AM, davecttr said:

I have a November cruise booked on Ventura, due date in a couple of weeks, Spain and Portugal, I think I will cancel and spend the money on something else. Don't fancy all this testing palaver

I'm supposed to be on that cruise too. But too many uncertainties, and like you I don't fancy all the testing nonsense. But I won't cancel it, just move my deposit to something for next year. Or even move it to one in 2023 the way things are going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valfan said:

I'm supposed to be on that cruise too. But too many uncertainties, and like you I don't fancy all the testing nonsense. But I won't cancel it, just move my deposit to something for next year. Or even move it to one in 2023 the way things are going.

Does moving the deposit cost anything and is it easy to do?

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Does moving the deposit cost anything and is it easy to do?

When we decided early last year that we wanted to move a deposit on a cruise to this year (before P&O cancelled it) I just called P&O with the details of the new cruise that we wanted to change to and they sorted it out for me, very easy and no charge.

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 1

International Cruising now given green light as long as you leave from UK and return to UK No quarantine and insurance will be easier as these cruises are with FCO approval Great news Now booking Iona for September 25th Imagine lots will now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, scotlanders said:

International Cruising now given green light as long as you leave from UK and return to UK No quarantine and insurance will be easier as these cruises are with FCO approval Great news Now booking Iona for September 25th Imagine lots will now

Has this been officially announced today? Very happy if so, as just booked yesterday for 9th October on Britannia 😀

10 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

Has this been officially announced today? Very happy if so, as just booked yesterday for 9th October on Britannia 😀

Yes, and government webpages are being amended to match.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/cruise-ship-travel

Has also been announced by P&O on social media, as well as many travel websites.

Things are looking better.👍

• Thanks 1

Just now, jaydee6969 said:

Has also been announced by P&O on social media, as well as many travel websites.

All looking good. All we need now are a few foreign ports to accept the ships and passengers.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

What is good news as well, is that testing before and after arrival back in the UK is no longer required, if on a cruise.

Not quite sure why cruisers are exempt, but if I stayed in a Spanish hotel I would still have to test?   

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Some countries, such as Spain, are already allowing this. The question is, will cruise lines allow passengers to go ashore independently? 

• Like 3

I checked the GOV link and can't find any specific information on no need for testing except for visiting England from within the UK and Ireland where there is no need to take a test. They have not updated the rules for staycation cruises yet so that still requires a pre boarding test??

Surely with these rule changes there will no longer be a need for a lateral flow test at the terminal?

41 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Some countries, such as Spain, are already allowing this. The question is, will cruise lines allow passengers to go ashore independently? 

I can’t imagine them making passengers stick to P&O tours. 

I know in the Caribbean, RCI and Celebrity are allowing passengers offshore independently.

it will make no sense if we no longer have to quarantine from the US after travelling on a US line, but U.K. cruise lines enforce grouped excursions on the same islands.

Will be interesting to see P&O’s stance on this.

In the Caribbean I like wondering around the ports! I think the best away around it would be to offer as many excursions as possible, but make them affordable. People are then less likely wanting to go independently. 

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

What is good news as well, is that testing before and after arrival back in the UK is no longer required, if on a cruise.

Not quite sure why cruisers are exempt, but if I stayed in a Spanish hotel I would still have to test?   

Can I ask where you have got the information re testing from? Everything I have read regarding the new rules only says no quarantine but tests are still required. Am I missing it?

28 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Can I ask where you have got the information re testing from? Everything I have read regarding the new rules only says no quarantine but tests are still required. Am I missing it?

The information about testing I inferred from the tweets from Grant Shapps. The actual government advice seems vague (no surprise) . Logically,  you are right - tests should be required prior to arrival. 

But what then happens to  someone who tests positive ?  

44 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The information about testing I inferred from the tweets from Grant Shapps. The actual government advice seems vague (no surprise) . Logically,  you are right - tests should be required prior to arrival. 

But what then happens to  someone who tests positive ?  

Good question. I don't suppose we will know unless it actually happens. Like everything else it is a huge can of worms. Glad we have decided to give it a break for a while.

The Gov site also says if you are travelling within the UK Common Travel Area which includes Ireland, Channel Islands etc etc there is no need to test before or after travel. I would interpret this to mean if you are taking a staycation cruise P&O could drop the pre cruise test although they might well keep it.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

The Gov site also says if you are travelling within the UK Common Travel Area which includes Ireland, Channel Islands etc etc there is no need to test before or after travel. I would interpret this to mean if you are taking a staycation cruise P&O could drop the pre cruise test although they might well keep it.

I suspect they will keep the testing to keep the lid on the virus. Fully jabbed and tested has to be the way to go for the rest of this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

P&O have updated their procedures and protocols on their website effective to Dec 31.

Pre boarding testing remains. Testing positive will be refused boarding and an FC C will be issued to all in the party.

Mask wearing remains and applies to all as before.

Social distancing remains and I read it that going ashore is only on organised excursions.

It seems that they are correctly continuing with strong anti Covid measures. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jake 26 said:

P&O have updated their procedures and protocols on their website effective to Dec 31.

Pre boarding testing remains. Testing positive will be refused boarding and an FC C will be issued to all in the party.

Mask wearing remains and applies to all as before.

Social distancing remains and I read it that going ashore is only on organised excursions.

It seems that they are correctly continuing with strong anti Covid measures. 

Paul Ludlow was on the Ian King hour on Sky News this morning. When asked if pre cruise testing and double Jabbed would apply to foreign cruises this year, he replied Absolutely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So it looks like our Iona Atlantic coast cruise at the end of September is on. Does anyone have any information as regards any special arrangements that will apply to this cruise? Wondering whether the ship will sail full or be lmited to 75%/50%? Also whether we will be able to get-off at the ports?

Balance will need to be paid in a few weeks and would like to know what is likely to be happening before then. Accept, of course, that the current situation is very fluid and things may change.

Thanks for reply we were on that first iona but panicked last year and cancelled .We  re booked 31st October iona this yearv and had to pay p and o 1st August via travel agent .I forgot they brought that in but think when we cancelled we would have had to pay in May to TA until they moved goalposts but to late at the time for us or we might have still been on the 1st Med cruise