specialty restaurant reservations

rln44

59 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Our numbers here are going up again  😲

That's so sad, but not unexpected.  Ours in AZ have been climbing too, but not nearly as much as in the Florida and the Southern states.  Still, it's problematic.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:41 AM, LHT28 said:

nothing  but if they accept it  they will be fired 

Has happened before on Oceania

I know it is  an American thing  but sounds so tacky  IMO

Operative word for me was "slipping." 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:46 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Well not exactly. 
On the website reservations section, they can invite the “others” to share a table and if the “others” accept, it will use one of the “others” reservation spots.

This is correct- it’s the way we did I it.  We had the Owners Suite, they had a Penthouse and it used one of their spots each time they joined us.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, ronrick1943 said:

This is correct- it’s the way we did I it.  We had the Owners Suite, they had a Penthouse and it used one of their spots each time they joined us.

I suspect that you are right but let's remember that inviting a guest by on OS occupant may not be the same as a concierge level occupant inviting an inside cabin. Right or wrong, OS cruisers do get special treatment,

Just sayin'  

10 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I suspect that you are right but let's remember that inviting a guest by on OS occupant may not be the same as a concierge level occupant inviting an inside cabin. Right or wrong, OS cruisers do get special treatment,

Just sayin'  

so true!!!

2 hours ago, GrammieK said:

so true!!!

Or not so true in this case.

I have friends that stayed in an OS, whose adult son and d-I-l accompanied them in a B something. The system only allowed them to prebooked the son based on the son’s allotted reservations, one each for that cruise. My friend was then trying to get his Butler to book the son to join them as additional reservations. Wasn’t always possible.

While an OS can get a Specialty reservation every night if they like, either on line or via the Butler, it doesn’t mean they can get all their buddies in lower categories in with them all the time.

• Like 1

Maybe not all their buddies....but then again I’ve never tried that. The one time we asked for friends to join us, our butler responded affirmatively.

it probably depends on length of cruise, whether or not other passengers use all their allotted reservations and/or how many times the butler is asked. 

I’m really surprised that the butler couldn’t make it work for them at least once. I don’t think that would be asking too much!

k

19 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

Maybe not all their buddies....but then again I’ve never tried that. The one time we asked for friends to join us, our butler responded affirmatively.

it probably depends on length of cruise, whether or not other passengers use all their allotted reservations and/or how many times the butler is asked. 

I’m really surprised that the butler couldn’t make it work for them at least once. I don’t think that would be asking too much!

k

We are talking Apples and Oranges here.  The original post was "Because we are in a higher category cabin (penthouse v. veranda) we will be able to make more reservations in the specialty restaurants earlier than they will.  Will we be allowed to include our friends at our table?"

The answer is Yes- you will need their name and booking number and you can do it online.  If you have 8 specialties for example and they have 4, you can only add them to 4 specialties.

What some of you are talking about is once you are on board and ask your butler to add someone to your reservation or to add someone who has already had their allotment.  That is hit and miss, depending on your Butler and also what category suite you in. I agree your chances are much better the higher your suite category is.

• Like 4

What I should have added...

we were in an owners suite. Our new on board friends were in an A. They had already reached their limit and the butler added them to our reservation, much the same as if they had asked for an additional reservation. My point was it can be done, but is not guaranteed. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GrammieK said:

What I should have added...

we were in an owners suite. Our new on board friends were in an A. They had already reached their limit and the butler added them to our reservation, much the same as if they had asked for an additional reservation. My point was it can be done, but is not guaranteed. 

My point as well! Their Butler was able to get the son added a couple extra nights, but not every night. It’s not guaranteed.

One time, when we were in an OS, we invited some folks to dine with us in our suite and, of course, we ordered from one of the specialties.  No issue about the number of reservations allowed for their suite and our butler didn't indicate it would be an issue for them to dine with us.

16 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

One time, when we were in an OS, we invited some folks to dine with us in our suite and, of course, we ordered from one of the specialties.  No issue about the number of reservations allowed for their suite and our butler didn't indicate it would be an issue for them to dine with us.

I'm thinking this is a completely different situation than what was being discussed. 

• Like 4

On 7/22/2021 at 4:14 PM, GrammieK said:

I think this has been covered before....

the quick answer is no, but you may be able to once on board or through your butler. 

Oceania newbie on 12/3/21 (hopefully).  Did try to search, but couldn't find info on what was on my mind:  OP mentioned (or I inferred) that different classes of cabins receive different numbers of pre-cruise reservations for the specialty restaurants.  Is my inference correct, or do I receive just the one pre-cruise reservation, regardless of cabin class?  Also, and I know this a bit off topic, but are there current drink menus (with prices) out there?  Thanks.  Really looking forward to "The Best Cuisine at Sea" aboard the Riviera!

2 minutes ago, NYHartChapp said:

Oceania newbie on 12/3/21 (hopefully).  Did try to search, but couldn't find info on what was on my mind:  OP mentioned (or I inferred) that different classes of cabins receive different numbers of pre-cruise reservations for the specialty restaurants.  Is my inference correct, or do I receive just the one pre-cruise reservation, regardless of cabin class?  Also, and I know this a bit off topic, but are there current drink menus (with prices) out there?  Thanks.  Really looking forward to "The Best Cuisine at Sea" aboard the Riviera!

If you go to Oceania’s web site and FAQ, you’ll find that dependent upon cruise length and ship PH and above have varying guaranteed reservations.

As far as I know, no new bar price menus have been released. There are several references to the preiseman’s web site, but it is now over two (2) years old. I can think of little that hasn’t increased in price in the past couple of years. Even Privee has increased $50/ night!

Best bet is to plead for those on the early Marina cruises to post new bar prices.

12 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

If you go to Oceania’s web site and FAQ, you’ll find that dependent upon cruise length and ship PH and above have varying guaranteed reservations.

As far as I know, no new bar price menus have been released. There are several references to the preiseman’s web site, but it is now over two (2) years old. I can think of little that hasn’t increased in price in the past couple of years. Even Privee has increased $50/ night!

Best bet is to plead for those on the early Marina cruises to post new bar prices.

Thanks, PinotLover.  So, I've been to the "Manage This Cruise" and it states that I have one reservation at the four specialty restaurants (I'm assuming that a reservation includes each person in the cabin).  So I'm guessing that the difference is that higher categories of cabins have an earlier booking window and I can book depending on what higher classes of cabins than me have already booked?

Yes, I've been to the preiseman site, and it's great, but as you say, two years old.  No doubt, you're right that the only way prices go is up!

On 7/27/2021 at 8:48 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Eight nights

SPECIALTY RESTAURANT?

Updated July 9, 2018

Guests are permitted to make the following reservations in our specialty restaurants - which vary by ship, category and length of cruise: 

Marina and Riviera 
Owner’s Suite, Vista Suite and Oceania Suite 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

Penthouse Suite 
Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant 

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom 
All cruises: 1 reservations at each restaurant 

Insignia, Nautica, Regatta and Sirena 
Concierge Level Veranda and above 
Cruises 7 days or less: 1 reservation at each restaurant 
Cruises 8-17 days: 2 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 3 reservations at each restaurant 

All other categories 
Cruises 17 days or less: 1 reservations at each restaurant 
Cruises 18 days or more: 2 reservations at each restaurant 

see chart above

on longer cruises some higher suites are entitled to more reservations. 
hope you enjoy your O cruise!

k

2 hours ago, NYHartChapp said:

Thanks, PinotLover.  So, I've been to the "Manage This Cruise" and it states that I have one reservation at the four specialty restaurants (I'm assuming that a reservation includes each person in the cabin).

Seriously

Do you think only 1 person can get the reservation while the other person has to dine elsewhere?? 🙄

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Seriously

Do you think only 1 person can get the reservation while the other person has to dine elsewhere?? 🙄

Or perhaps they are thinking that each person in their cabin gets 4 reservation - thus getting 8/ cabin instead of just 4?

On 8/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, pinotlover said:

Or not so true in this case.

I have friends that stayed in an OS, whose adult son and d-I-l accompanied them in a B something. The system only allowed them to prebooked the son based on the son’s allotted reservations, one each for that cruise. My friend was then trying to get his Butler to book the son to join them as additional reservations. Wasn’t always possible.

While an OS can get a Specialty reservation every night if they like, either on line or via the Butler, it doesn’t mean they can get all their buddies in lower categories in with them all the time.

It would be nice in that situation to be able to have your child be accommodated.  But in that case (were I in an OS which hasn't happened since 2005 on Regatta)  we would either (1) order in to the suite for the group, (2) go to the GDR or .... (3) heavens to betsy, go to Terrace.

There ARE options.  But I must be missing something here ...

When we have been in a suite we've been able to add lower cabin friends to our dinner reservation, but yes, this counted against their number of available reservations.

Mura

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question about a basic specialty dining reservation.  On the date that your category reservations open, do you call or reserve it online? Does it open at a certain time of day like 12 AM  EST or 9 AM? If you are adding other cabins of your category to your reservation do you just need their booking number? Are table sizes primarily 2-4-6? Any help you could give me would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, jeno said:

I have a question about a basic specialty dining reservation.  On the date that your category reservations open, do you call or reserve it online? Does it open at a certain time of day like 12 AM  EST or 9 AM? If you are adding other cabins of your category to your reservation do you just need their booking number? Are table sizes primarily 2-4-6? Any help you could give me would be appreciated. 

At midnight EST on the date your category opens, you can book on-line. Go to your account, and click on manage your reservation.

yes, you just need the booking number and names of other passengers you wish to invite to dine with you.

not sure about table sizes, but my TA said that I cannot select to sit at a larger table with others until I am on board the ship.

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jeno said:

If you are inviting others to join you ( with their booking number attached )  they will seat you all at the same table

eg: if you invite 4 others you will be at a table for 6  if you invite 6 others  you will get an 8 top

If you select sharing  but not with  the booking number of others  they will seat you at an available table  you will not know until you turn up