Reluctant to make final payment

I need to make final payment by tomorrow. Never hesitated to do a final payment on any cruise until now. Usually pay it a week before the deadline. We are booked on Brilliance out of Tampa the end of October. Seems like Royal is only concentrated on larger ships sailing at this point. Really think the cruise will be cancelled, but not sure. Just so many mixed emotions right now. 

3 minutes ago, coaster said:

I need to make final payment by tomorrow. Never hesitated to do a final payment on any cruise until now. Usually pay it a week before the deadline. We are booked on Brilliance out of Tampa the end of October. Seems like Royal is only concentrated on larger ships sailing at this point. Really think the cruise will be cancelled, but not sure. Just so many mixed emotions right now. 

You are lucky - living in Tampa means you don't have to deal with air and hotels if the cruise is canceled.

1 minute ago, mek said:

You are lucky - living in Tampa means you don't have to deal with air and hotels if the cruise is canceled.

True. I guess I should be thankful of that...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coaster said:

True. I guess I should be thankful of that...

My final payment is due next Monday but right now, I'm not happy about paying it.

1 minute ago, mek said:

My final payment is due next Monday but right now, I'm not happy about paying it.

I get it. Family and friends are questioning why we are going again so soon. 

27 minutes ago, coaster said:

I get it. Family and friends are questioning why we are going again so soon. 

I'm not concerned about Covid or the DV, but I am not happy about protocols constantly changing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mek said:

I'm not concerned about Covid or the DV, but I am not happy about protocols constantly changing.

The changing standards are ok to me. I really thought Royal should of gone the Celebrity route and not allowed unlimited unvaccinated passengers onboard. Family friendly or not. Now they are playing catch-up and having to tighten down on their unwise initial decision to try to please everyone.

Edited by coaster
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coaster said:

In same BOAT! ...and on. Back and Forth myself. Doing B8B all in same Aft/Corner Balcony Cabin that got at great prices! But, don't like idea wearing Mask on Cruise, Delta Spike and Possibility being tested ever 3 Days for 6 weeks... At 75% that I'm canceling

I have a B2B on Brilliance starting 10/16. Made final payment last week. It will be what it will be... I'm thinking positive... I don't think it's possible for Royal to get all of the their ships up and running at once, and I'm sure they're doing it as fast as they can. We still have over 2 months... they have plenty of time to get their ducks in a row. Doesn't look like Brilliance's first cruise is scheduled until 9/4 anyway. My guess is by mid August (if not sooner), Royal will probably have another schedule out with more test dates scheduled for the rest of their ships.  We were on the Freedom a few weeks ago and felt that Royal did an excellent job with everything. It's been a big learning experience for everyone. Looking forward to hopping on the Allure next month. She just got back from her test cruise, so hoping for good marks from the CDC. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coaster said:

The changing standards are ok to me. I really thought Royal should of gone the Celebrity route and not allowed unlimited unvaccinated passengers onboard. Family friendly or not. Now they are playing catch-up and having to tighten down on their unwise initial decision to try to please everyone.

Well yes of course that should have always been the way cruises started back up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

In same BOAT! ...and on. Back and Forth myself. Doing B8B all in same Aft/Corner Balcony Cabin that got at great prices! But, don't like idea wearing Mask on Cruise, Delta Spike and Possibility being tested ever 3 Days for 6 weeks... At 75% that I'm canceling

To be honest, more than willing to go if the sailing is under capacity. My favorite cruises have been those undersold. Willing to wear mask at all times if the capacity is reduced. Just have not heard anything if these cruises are officially being capped at a certain capacity. Mask is good for me with less passengers.

• Like 1

Our son has final Monday and ours is next week also for different cruises.  Pretty sure we are all canceling.  Changing protocols are why plus our ships booked are not in the ports we are going from yet which makes us question if they will sail.  Just lots of uncertainty yet.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, coaster said:

I think it's a 50/50 at best...haven't heard much of anything of Royal talking about starting up Tampa.

14 hours ago, coaster said:

Fully vaccinated Edge just has some 6-7 positive cases and they are now testing everyone before they board... so more like the Royal protocol as far as testing goes... So it seems to make little difference..positive cases are showing up regardless of policies regarding vaccination status

• Like 1

I understand hesitancy about final payment...ours final payment for a 12 nighter is due in a few weeks. We are currently scheduled for AOS in August and our final payment for the more expensive cruise follows a few days after we return. One reason we booked the AOA which had a good price... was to get an idea on whether cruising is still fun... before we make final payment. Tired of looking out my back window at the yard for months on end.

• Like 1

Royal's past decisions allowing no vaccinated passengers is now affecting all vaccinated passengers. Now we have to find a place to do a covid test within 3 days of the cruise. We cruise in September, but can't even make an appointment until 3 days before we need the test, and most places have no appointments available 3 days from today. Plus, we now have to pay for it. Thank you Mr. Fain, and all the unvaccinated idiots.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, coaster said:

If they cancel you will get 125% on your money.  I would love that return on the stock market.  I have booked some cruised during covid knowing they would be canceled just to get the 125% return.  

Final payment for me is next week on my Radiance cruise and I am going ahead with payment. But no one can make the decision for you. You have to be comfortable with it.

I figure if the Radiance cruise gets cancelled, I'll just move the funds to one of the cruises I have booked for next year.

In my case, I have air and hotel costs involved as well, but I booked everything through Royal so they will handle any change of plans necessary without loss of funds.

Meanwhile, I am waiting for them to cancel my Enchantment cruise in September. That one has no chance of sailing, since test sailings haven't been announced yet and all the test sailings seems to be the mega ships.

Edited by emeraldcity

For the first time ever, we are very reluctant to make final payment. We are willing to jump through all the hoops but we are scheduled for Explorer on October 31st out of San Juan. There has been no news on either Explorer or San Juan. Final payment is due tomorrow. Absolutely no idea what we are going to do but need to decide today. 

33 minutes ago, TXMary said:

For the first time ever, we are very reluctant to make final payment. We are willing to jump through all the hoops but we are scheduled for Explorer on October 31st out of San Juan. There has been no news on either Explorer or San Juan. Final payment is due tomorrow. Absolutely no idea what we are going to do but need to decide today. 

Our son is on that one.  I think they will not make final.  There’s just been nothing on San Juan or Explorer.  It’s discouraging to keep booking and not have them happen.