EDGE July 31

Tee & Chilli

5 hours ago, crusingnut said:

Thank you this is just what I'm looking for. Looks like the OBC is per stateroom not per person which used to be the case. Not much incentive to book on board when most TA's offer a pretty good OBC & same deposit.

But you can then transfer it to your TA!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

But you can then transfer it to your TA!

Totally agree. We usually book onboard the day of embarkation as soon as the FC desk opens. We already know exactly the ship, sail date and year, stateroom and dining preference. We always get at least a bottle of wine for each cruise we book and an OBC for booking the first day early. I also tell the FC consultant not to transfer the bookings to the TA on record. Then when we get home I will consider transferring to the TA if the deal is sweetened. If not we have no problem leaving the bookings with Celebrity.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Here is a picture of the offerings in the Retreat Lounge in the evening:

215694D4-FEA1-4E1F-8FC8-8D56F5871558.jpeg

The afternoon “savories” are very good.
In contrast, the sweets” they put out at 3:30 pm are visual works of art and taste as good as they look. 😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Totally agree. We usually book onboard the day of embarkation as soon as the FC desk opens. We already know exactly the ship, sail date and year, stateroom and dining preference. We always get at least a bottle of wine for each cruise we book and an OBC for booking the first day early. I also tell the FC consultant not to transfer the bookings to the TA on record. Then when we get home I will consider transferring to the TA if the deal is sweetened. If not we have no problem leaving the bookings with Celebrity.

I never knew that there is additional incentives for booking on embarkation day. Thanks so much for the info! Can you please tell me how much is the additional? Is that on top of the standard $100OBC that you get? Thank you! 

On 7/31/2021 at 5:36 PM, Tee & Chilli said:

As previously mentioned, the cruise boarding started off a disaster. We arrived at Park n Go at 2:22. It’s only a five minute drive and we saw the long line stretched around the building. We arrived onboard shortly after 4:30 although some people waited up to 4 hours.

That’s past us and I’m starting this new thread.

This is only my second Celebrity cruise. I’m diamond on Royal. I was able to upgrade the surf to stream for $88. That’s a 30% discount.

I'm also Elite. Have the all included package. I also plan to upgrade to the Stream package when I get onboard. Did you upgrade on board or pre-cruise? If you upgrade on board, where di you go to do it? I;m pleasantly surprised that it;s $88 for the duration of the cruise. I assume this is for 1 device? Thanks! 

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

We have done as you described many times. However we have noticed that recently (pre pandemic recent) some TAs will not accept that and would require extra (full) deposit for any group they are offering. Have you run into this too? Sometimes the group rate and amenities are just too good to pass up and we have paid the full deposit to get in their group. Sometimes we have kept it with Celebrity.

1 hour ago, seapad said:

I'm also Elite. Have the all included package. I also plan to upgrade to the Stream package when I get onboard. Did you upgrade on board or pre-cruise? If you upgrade on board, where di you go to do it? I;m pleasantly surprised that it;s $88 for the duration of the cruise. I assume this is for 1 device? Thanks! 

My cruise planner had a telephone number listed for upgrading the surf to stream. I called and was given 30% off providing my credit card info to the representative.

Yesterday there was a note in the Celebrity Today stating it’s possible to upgrade on board also.

Keep in mind if you wait there might be a line  after boarding.

34 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We have done as you described many times. However we have noticed that recently (pre pandemic recent) some TAs will not accept that and would require extra (full) deposit for any group they are offering. Have you run into this too? Sometimes the group rate and amenities are just too good to pass up and we have paid the full deposit to get in their group. Sometimes we have kept it with Celebrity.

Celebrity requires all group bookings to be full deposit.   Any TA putting your onboard booking into one of their groups will require you to up the deposit.   Like you say most times the advantages of the TA group are well worth the increased deposit while retaining the book onboard OBC bonus as well.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Paper Elimination/Reduction

I cannot recall if it was here or the Royal Caribbean board where some people mentioned the discontinued use of paper.

Paper is NOT gone

The dining room still uses menus in the hard bound covers 

Celebrity Today is still being delivered by the cabin steward

The cruise next desk still has paper of upcoming sailings 

Park West invitation delivered yesterday 

I am noticing a reduced amount being left in the cabin such as no spa information, port of call shopping maps and onboard sales.

SAVE THE TREES😀

Don’t go to the art auction. You’ll buy something. 🤣

Actually, it’s tons of fun just to watch and learn! We went once on a rainy cruise and loved it so much that it is now one of our fave things to do. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

Don’t go to the art auction. You’ll buy something. 🤣

Actually, it’s tons of fun just to watch and learn! We went once on a rainy cruise and loved it so much that it is now one of our fave things to do. 

Can you use OBC at the art auction?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seapad said:

I never knew that there is additional incentives for booking on embarkation day. Thanks so much for the info! Can you please tell me how much is the additional? Is that on top of the standard $100OBC that you get? Thank you! 

If you're talking about what the TA will give you in addition to Celebrity, yes. I guess it would depend on the TA and your booking history with them. If I transfer the booking to a TA  we always get at minimum an additional OBC from the TA. Along with the OBC we've also at times received paid gratuities,  bottle of wine and diner for two at one of the specialty restaurants. But in order to receive any or all of these additional perks from the TA we've had to pay the remaining full deposit. No biggie as the deposit goes directly to Celebrity and my attitude is pay it now or pay it later.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

That has always been my experience when transferring the booking(s) to a TA.