EDGE July 31

Tee & Chilli

Just now, RichYak said:

Nor should there be! Good grief, why the captains have been announcing each positive case is beyond me. 

From a public safety standpoint, I believe the captain has an obligation to notify passengers of any cases of Covid-19 onboard.  I would certainly want to know...

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OT-Miami said:

From a public safety standpoint, I believe the captain has an obligation to notify passengers of any cases of Covid-19 onboard.  I would certainly want to know...

As would I. Transparency is critical with COVID aboard.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OT-Miami said:

From a public safety standpoint, close contacts should be notified. Making a shipwide announcement is unnecessary.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OT-Miami said:

We agree totally. If nothing else, it's kind of a wake-up call to let folks know not to let their guard down as there is still a pandemic going on and the vaccines are not foolproof. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We agree totally. If nothing else, it's kind of a wake-up call to let folks know not to let their guard down as there is still a pandemic going on and the vaccines are not foolproof. 

It also helps to stop rumours from developing, which tend to be more worrisome than a brief factual announcement.

• Like 7

On 8/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, graphicguy said:

So happy things are much better after the check in fiasco.

I asked my butler about those snacks and drinks in the fridge and how much they cost.  He said "not to worry about it".  Raided the fridge every day.  No charges.  I was in a Sky Suite, too.

Have great time!

Yes but u were in a suite😉

• Haha 1

Day 4 - St Thomas

Shortly after we docked the ambulance arrived. About 10 to 15 minutes after boarding the ship with a stretcher, a lady was wheeled out and taken away. At lunch my mom heard the lady at the next table say on the phone, “she’s ok and they will bring her back to the ship”. Good news we aren’t leaving someone behind.

We docked at Crown Bay before the scheduled 11:00 time. We are the only ship here. I’ve never been a fan of this port.

We saw several tour groups with numbers and a taxi line. I was going to arrange an island tour however after yesterday’s announcement, I didn’t want to be in a vehicle for 2-3 hours. We walked around some however we did not purchase anything. Everything looks so similar in the Caribbean shops. There was nothing I must have.

After getting back onboard we had lunch in the Oceanview cafe. We took in a sketching class and played money trivia. Do you know who’s on the $2 bill?

Tonight is a magic and illusion show followed by more games and the all white party.

Edited by Tee & Chilli
  • Like 3

I’ll use this time before the show to list some activities. Edge staff is doing a great job.

General knowledge trivia everyday 

Theme  trivia everyday

Relaxation coloring everyday 

Bracelet making

Painting

Intro to Sketching 

Multiple game shows

Water aerobics 

Journaling

Deal or no deal - $

Silent disco

Pool games 

Line dancing 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Day 4 - St Thomas

Shortly after we docked the ambulance arrived. About 10 to 15 minutes after boarding the ship with a stretcher, a lady was wheeled out and taken away. At lunch my mom heard the lady at the next table say on the phone, “she’s ok and they will bring her back to the ship”. Good news we aren’t leaving someone behind.

We docked at Crown Bay before the scheduled 11:00 time. We are the only ship here. I’ve never been a fan of this port.

We saw several tour groups with numbers and a taxi line. I was going to arrange an island tour however after yesterday’s announcement, I didn’t want to be in a vehicle for 2-3 hours. We walked around some however we did not purchase anything. Everything looks so similar in the Caribbean shops. There was nothing I must have.

After getting back onboard we had lunch in the Oceanview cafe. We took in a sketching class and played money trivia. Do you know who’s on the $2 bill?

Tonight is a magic and illusion show followed by more games and the all white party.

Glad to hear you were able to get off the ship.  We're on Equinox for a Aug 27 ABC and the port at Bonaire is listed a CLOSED.  That's how I found the long list of CDC elevations I'd told you about.  We don't hit Bonaire until Sept 2 and that seems lightyears away so we still may get in.

Happy cruising. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

Docked at Crown Bay a few times.  Never has been too much there.

Not fans of Crown Bay at all. We prefer Havensight (West India Company Dock). A lot better walk into Charloett Amalie from Havesight. 

Edited by davekathy

40 minutes ago, stinkyenglishteacher said:

Transparency? 

I've already addressed this. Simply knowing that someone in my huge floating city tested positive won't change my behavior unless I was a close contact, in which case the staff would let me know directly. Each announcement only promotes more unneeded fear.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, RichYak said:

Nor should there be! Good grief, why the captains have been announcing each positive case is beyond me. 

Don't get on a celebrity sailing unless you bring your earplugs everywhere you go

- Covid announcements will play in your stateroom, regular announcements don't

- On the 7/24 sailing, the capt got progressively more detailed with each announcement, for #2 she said something like "they were flown home", then on #3 she said something like "flown home on a private medical plane".  Vlogger Don said Saturday morning (I got off early) she deep dove into contact tracing and reviewed the video footage.

- For contact tracing X will send folks around in light blue shirts (best guess is security) with paper printouts with "mugshots" to find them as many places on the ship (buffet, pools, fitness center, theater, etc) don't require a keycard, therefore it can take a lot of manhours to scrub the video footage and locate someone