Deployment 2023-24 booking season begins

23 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Since there is only one ship in Asia, and Spectrum is already confirmed to be in Singapore until spring 2024, I don't see any chances that Royal Caribbean will have cruises departing from Hong Kong in 2022 and 2023.

It is also unlikely that Royal Caribbean will re-deploy another ship to Asia. Which ship(s) still do not have 2023 itineraries? Seems none.

There's some rumours and talks of Wonder coming back to Asia, which would free up Spectrum. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

There's some rumours and talks of Wonder coming back to Asia, which would free up Spectrum. 

Gavin the Royal Australia boss has been quoted as saying Wonder will come Oz one day.

I assume we are waiting for Japan and China to open to cruising again. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Gavin the Royal Australia boss has been quoted as saying Wonder will come Oz one day.

I assume we are waiting for Japan and China to open to cruising again. 

When I was at the media brief on Wonder's inaugural, they were asked would an oasis class ship ever be built for the APAC region, and responded with something along the lines of "we have many Oasis class ships and would love to try and bring one to that part of the world when we can". 

Technically, Japan and China doesn't have to be open for Wonder to come. Australia market could serve half the season, with another half from Singapore. In this scenario Spectrum would be surplus ship and they wouldn't know what to do with it. They could send her to BNE/MEL/SYD and rotate between Singapore and Australia both ships. 

That would be nice, having both Singapore and say Brisbane with Wonder half of the year each and then the rest of the year Spectrum in between Singapore and Brisbane. On top of say Quantum from Sydney.

Edited by Ethanol95
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

When I was at the media brief on Wonder's inaugural, they were asked would an oasis class ship ever be built for the APAC region, and responded with something along the lines of "we have many Oasis class ships and would love to try and bring one to that part of the world when we can". 

Technically, Japan and China doesn't have to be open for Wonder to come. Australia market could serve half the season, with another half from Singapore. In this scenario Spectrum would be surplus ship and they wouldn't know what to do with it. They could send her to BNE/MEL/SYD and rotate between Singapore and Australia both ships. 

That would be nice, having both Singapore and say Brisbane with Wonder half of the year each and then the rest of the year Spectrum in between Singapore and Brisbane. On top of say Quantum from Sydney.

From reading between the lines it appears Royal Caribbean China has some sort of ownership or lease with Wonder Of The Seas.

Melbourne can’t take Quantum Class ships.

New Zealand and Tasmania have been reported recently in the media as saying certain factors don’t want the big ships. 

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

From reading between the lines it appears Royal Caribbean China has some sort of ownership or lease with Wonder Of The Seas.

Is that arrangement an indication of absolute legal ownership or a legal necessity due to regional business practice and law that is subject to change? 

For example at one point Carnival Australia was a unique corporate entity and Carnival transferred ships as assets to Carnival Australia when they operated there.  That's not to say the Carnival Australia "owned" the ship and could whatever they wanted with the asset such as selling or modifying the ship.  The corporate entity was still part of the PLC.

I'm not sure a lease or partial ownership on paper means anything as it's very common in shipping for ships to be their own business entity.  That's one of the many ways they isolate each ship in the case of a significant incident that results in significant liability exceeding the value of said ship.  

For the purpose of scheduling cruises and picking home ports it might mean very little.

13 hours ago, springaussie said:

Melbourne can’t take Quantum Class ships.

New Zealand and Tasmania have been reported recently in the media as saying certain factors don’t want the big ships. 

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Is that arrangement an indication of absolute legal ownership or a legal necessity due to regional business practice and law that is subject to change? 

For example at one point Carnival Australia was a unique corporate entity and Carnival transferred ships as assets to Carnival Australia when they operated there.  That's not to say the Carnival Australia "owned" the ship and could whatever they wanted with the asset such as selling or modifying the ship.  The corporate entity was still part of the PLC.

I'm not sure a lease or partial ownership on paper means anything as it's very common in shipping for ships to be their own business entity.  That's one of the many ways they isolate each ship in the case of a significant incident that results in significant liability exceeding the value of said ship.  

For the purpose of scheduling cruises and picking home ports it might mean very little.

I think if a Chinese financial group did have a interest,they would be glad it’s nowhere near China at the moment.

The whole banking system is imploding.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The deployment schedule is no longer listed on Loyal to you always.  Wonder if they are changing the release date for Icon

Considering how little info is out there, having booking open in 2 weeks does seem doubtful. 

• Like 2

Royal Caribbean International Announces 2023/2024 Singapore Deployments — Singapore Cruise Society (sgcruisesociety.com)

Vacationers can set their sights on more ways to explore Asia and make lifelong holiday memories. Royal Caribbean International has released its line-up of holidays on Spectrum of the Seas for 2023-2024, and longer cruises are making a comeback. A mix of new 5- to 12-night cruises will whisk adventurers to far-flung destinations in Hong Kong, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam, joining the cruise line’s popular short getaways to Malaysia and Thailand. Next season’s year-round adventures on Asia’s largest and most innovative ship are now open to book. 

On a mix of longer cruises that are 5-, 7-, 9- and 12-night itineraries, holidaymakers of all ages are in for memorable adventures and must-see destinations like Bangkok, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; and Manila, Philippines. Royal Caribbean’s crowd favourite 3- and 4-night getaways, first introduced in July, round out the cruise line’s next year-round season. Spectrum will head back to the colourful Penang, Malaysia, and the stunning beach resort of Phuket in Thailand – the perfect fuss-free escapes with little to no planning required for vacationers.

The upcoming cruises include two 12-night sailings, which mean guests can visit as many as seven destinations across three countries, all in one holiday. These sailings can also be enjoyed back to back, visiting a new destination almost every day for the entire 24-night adventure. Included are 10 destinations unique to this experience, such as Hong Kong; Tokyo, Osaka and Mount Fuji, Japan; and Nha Trang and Hue/Danang, Vietnam.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Royal Caribbean International Announces 2023/2024 Singapore Deployments — Singapore Cruise Society (sgcruisesociety.com)

Vacationers can set their sights on more ways to explore Asia and make lifelong holiday memories. Royal Caribbean International has released its line-up of holidays on Spectrum of the Seas for 2023-2024, and longer cruises are making a comeback. A mix of new 5- to 12-night cruises will whisk adventurers to far-flung destinations in Hong Kong, Japan, the Philippines, Taiwan and Vietnam, joining the cruise line’s popular short getaways to Malaysia and Thailand. Next season’s year-round adventures on Asia’s largest and most innovative ship are now open to book. 

On a mix of longer cruises that are 5-, 7-, 9- and 12-night itineraries, holidaymakers of all ages are in for memorable adventures and must-see destinations like Bangkok, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; and Manila, Philippines. Royal Caribbean’s crowd favourite 3- and 4-night getaways, first introduced in July, round out the cruise line’s next year-round season. Spectrum will head back to the colourful Penang, Malaysia, and the stunning beach resort of Phuket in Thailand – the perfect fuss-free escapes with little to no planning required for vacationers.

The upcoming cruises include two 12-night sailings, which mean guests can visit as many as seven destinations across three countries, all in one holiday. These sailings can also be enjoyed back to back, visiting a new destination almost every day for the entire 24-night adventure. Included are 10 destinations unique to this experience, such as Hong Kong; Tokyo, Osaka and Mount Fuji, Japan; and Nha Trang and Hue/Danang, Vietnam.

I don’t know how that will go if Hong Kong approves a restart of cruises to nowhere early next year.

Something will have to replace Spectrum in Singapore.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

Something will have to replace Spectrum in Singapore.

Seems to me that Spectrum is set through 2024 regardless of what happens elsewhere. If RCI were to add a ship to Asia, it would be some other ship. Not sure HK departures are financially so much better than other existing locations to warrant canceling some existing ship to be moved there.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Seems to me that Spectrum is set through 2024 regardless of what happens elsewhere. If RCI were to add a ship to Asia, it would be some other ship. Not sure HK departures are financially so much better than other existing locations to warrant canceling some existing ship to be moved there.

But if Hong Kong gives the go ahead,it would have to be spectrum in my opinion. It’s the most cultural enriching ship for China.
They could bring wonder and replace spectrum during the northern summer.Then wonder could come to Australia over Christmas ??

Singapore has been good to Royal Caribbean and I don’t think Royal would send something old there. Even Quantum would be a slap in the face.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ashland said:

When will we see any Shanghai options ? Would love to do the Singapore-Shanghai we did a few years ago on RCI.

Who knows!

Japan will have to lessen tourist restrictions first.

It would be great to see Wonder head to Shanghai for the Summer Season 2024. 

On 8/14/2021 at 2:19 PM, springaussie said:

No it is too big. 

Correct.  I stood on the very, very top of the Rhapsody once at 6am and looked at the very, very, very close up underside of the bridge.  The perspective from the bridge must have been pretty startling, because all the commute traffic stopped completely up there to see if we would make it!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

Who knows!

Japan will have to lessen tourist restrictions first.

It would be great to see Wonder head to Shanghai for the Summer Season 2024. 

I really don't care what Japan does. The Singapore-Shanghai I was referring to didn't include Japan.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I really don't care what Japan does. The Singapore-Shanghai I was referring to didn't include Japan.

Yes you do!

Because no repositioning will happen between Singapore and China if the cruises from China virtually have no where to go.

Over 90% of the cruises from China go to Japan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

I doubt Shanghai will be back in the picture for a while,Hong Kong is a slim possibility as it’s a bit layed back with Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, joandian said:

The Asian cruises have obviously sold out quickly as I'm not seeing anything at all for Spectrum in 2024.  I wanted to book the longer cruises with BTB's added on.

It seems that all the 2023 May - 2024 March Singapore cruises are (temporarily?) closed or removed from both the public website and the agent reservation system.

3 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

It seems that all the 2023 May - 2024 March Singapore cruises are (temporarily?) closed or removed from both the public website and the agent reservation system.

Yeah, I'm only seeing January thru April of 2023.  Nothing in the 2024 season.