CDC Yellow category for NA- does anyone have any info as to why?

topsailgirl

Why can't they do whatever is necessary to get the ship to GREEN? If I were Gus, I would put an emphasis on that. Valerie's excellent presentation of the history of HAL emphasized that the culture of the early days of the company was to have clean ships. 

Edited by NavArch64

48 minutes ago, NavArch64 said:

Why can't they do whatever is necessary to get the ship to GREEN? If I were Gus, I would put an emphasis on that. Valerie's excellent presentation of the history of HAL emphasized that the culture of the early days of the company was to have clean ships. 

I don't think HAL can do much till the crew that might have tested positive come out of quarantine. I beleive they have been taking on new crew to train but need to be quarantined. Some of these may or may not have tested positive. I do know that some are arriving and getting vaccinated on the ship then staying in quarantine. I beleive some of these crew may be heading to Zuiderdam and Koningsdam but will again have to quarantine.

• Like 5

On the July 31 sailing, we were on deck 5 forward port side .... below  us on deck 4 were incoming crew in quarantine. We had frequent conversations "over the railing". One was a nurse from Toronto, one was a cadet from the Dutch maritime academy in Flushing. They knew nothing about CDC YELLOW. As I said in an earlier post, Capt. Baijens gave me a "wishy-washy" answer to my specific question about CDC YELLOW in the Main Stage at the Friday Q&A with he and Valerie. One obvious approach is not to let incoming crew who test positive when boarding the ship stay onboard ... get them off until they test negative. That would require a shoreside quarantine facility approved by CDC for this purpose and would cost HAL scarce $.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, syesmar said:

As of today’s update (9/14), based on data submitted 9/13, Nieuw Amsterdam is still Yellow, but Noordam and Koningsdam are back to Green.

In the immortal words of Kermit the Frog, "It's not easy being green.".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I looked yesterday (list says updated 9/21) and NA is green now--yeah!  Sorry, Dobiemom, I didn't see your post.  I swear this CC has a mind of its own sometimes, so that some posts are hidden, or when trying to reply, somehow I get tangled up with the original post and it appears my reply will go there.  Grrrr.

Edited by 12cruise2
words
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 12cruise2 said:

…I swear this CC has a mind of its own sometimes, so that some posts are hidden, or when trying to reply, somehow I get tangled up with the original post and it appears my reply will go there.  Grrrr.

😀 I’ve had a similar experience. It doesn’t always allow me to “like” a post in real time, sometimes replies disappear (I’ve found refreshing the page will usually preserve the message), and I don’t see all posts unless logged in. 🙂

10 hours ago, dobiemom said:

NA is green!

This is good news, after roughly 2 months of being other colors! I’d still like to know the complete reasoning behind the Yellows and Oranges for Nieuw Amsterdam.

Edited by syesmar

5 hours ago, syesmar said:

With yesterday’s update (9/22), based on data submitted 9/21, all 6 of the HAL ships on the list are back to Green.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/cruise-ship-color-status.html

That's quite an accomplishment. Now an even better one would be keeping them all in the green.

• Like 1

It’s going to happen so what is the obsession to keep reporting. This ship has been providing wonderful cruise memories since July without interruption. 

Seems like the onboard protocols are working just fine. My understanding is the yellow code is just that new crew are aboard tested and quarantined.