Miami sailings

dogboy

42 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

Loved watching the Gem yesterday

I am off topic here so folks, please forgive me.  Deliver42, I saw the SS Norway as a ship you sailed on.  That was my first cruise over 40 years ago for my Honeymoon.  It has a very special place in my heart.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Has anyone seen any postings from passengers who are actually on the Gem?  Was hoping we might get a "Live From" on the NCL board, but I don;t see one anywhere

I was hoping this as well!  If nothing while they are cruising, hopefully when they get back we'll hear from them!

12 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I am off topic here so folks, please forgive me.  Deliver42, I saw the SS Norway as a ship you sailed on.  That was my first cruise over 40 years ago for my Honeymoon.  It has a very special place in my heart. 

More off topic.  I sailed on the SS Norway in 1988 (1st cruise) and again 1996.  The good old days of midnight buffets, same waiter every night, towel animals and tip envelopes.  I never did get credit for the one in 1988 for Latitudes Rewards.  

So glad the Gem sailed.  I wonder what the masking situation is?

1 minute ago, Rob-Bob said:

More off topic.  I sailed on the SS Norway in 1988 (1st cruise) and again 1996.  The good old days of midnight buffets, same waiter every night, towel animals and tip envelopes.  I never did get credit for the one in 1988 for Latitudes Rewards.  

So glad the Gem sailed.  I wonder what the masking situation is?

Rob-Bob, "Midnight Buffets", I forgot all about those.  We get in a lot of trouble reminding folks of the good old days.  It was rather special though.  

My TA went on the test cruise just before the paying passengers.  It seems the Masks are not mandatory unless very close quarters. 

1 hour ago, trivimp said:

There's some info in the roll call for the current sailing.  I'm behind a corporate firewall so I can't watch the livestream, but maybe some of y'all will enjoy it.  

how did you find that?

Just now, darienill said:

how did you find that?

1 hour ago, trivimp said:

There's some info in the roll call for the current sailing.  I'm behind a corporate firewall so I can't watch the livestream, but maybe some of y'all will enjoy it.  

I noticed all the deck chairs on the upper level were tied down, not just stacked.

1 minute ago, darienill said:

how did you find that?

From the boards main page, go to Roll Calls, then Norwegian Roll Calls, then Norwegian Gem Roll Calls.  There's a drop-down option to filter by month.  From there, just scroll thru until you find the date you're looking for.

I'm on the roll calls for two later sailings of the Gem (doing a B2B in October,) but everyone on those roll calls is watching the initial Gem sailing like a hawk.  

5 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

So Seattle in Washington State is not a US port?  😀

Oops. I guess I didn't get that right.

I was wondering about the Gem leaving Miami. Were there tugboats spraying water in celebration for the first NCL ship to leave a Florida port?

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 12:08 PM, melodyesch said:

I’m so curious how this is going to play out in Florida.  DH and I are scheduled on the Encore out of Miami in December, but we do not want to go if it’s not 100% vaxed.

We are booked on the Getaway in December out of Miami - if they change the vaccination policy I will cancel. It's not worth the risk and the stress if there have to be other mitigation rules due to unvaccinated passengers or crew.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deliver42 said:

No tug boats, sorry. DeSantis has appealed the ruling about the vaccines, so it remains to be seen what happens.

well darn most ships get a tugspray on leaving port! on first test or revenue cruise.

Perhaps NCL needs to give the good (?) governor a free cruise.  or NOT  

either that or the tugs are getting bored with each NEW fully paid ship going out.