If carnival truly cared they would lower capacity to 50%

pokerguy90

7 minutes ago, stellarose said:

so now NCL and RCL went all 100% vaccinated over 12?

I just barely read it. Was it only out of florida? Rcl cant go to bahamas or st Thomas with unvaccinated over age 12. Forced on them. I read the post on rcl fast.

14 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I just barely read it. Was it only out of florida? Rcl cant go to bahamas or st Thomas with unvaccinated over age 12. Forced on them. I read the post on rcl fast.

Correct, so far it is only out of Florida.

1 hour ago, Brew12 said:

Of course, right after I posted that, I see that RCI has gone to 100% vaccinated for all guests over 12 sailing out of Florida. This has to be driven by the Bahamas. Carnival will no longer be able to exempt guests 12 and over unless they have a documented medical excuse. Looks like cruise industry is gradually being forced into very similar policies. 

56 minutes ago, stellarose said:

so now NCL and RCL went all 100% vaccinated over 12?

48 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It was announced today that no cruise ship can visit any island in the Bahamas if they have anybody over 12 on board that is not vaccinated.  ALL cruise lines must abide by this policy. So, Nassau,  Freeport,  Bimini and many private islands would be included.

21 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

It was announced today that no cruise ship can visit any island in the Bahamas if they have anybody over 12 on board that is not vaccinated.  ALL cruise lines must abide by this policy. So, Nassau,  Freeport,  Bimini and many private islands would be included.

With the only exception being those who cannot get the vaccine for medical reasons. No other exemptions authorized.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, pokerguy90 said:

Your not correct.  I said the math is simple.  According to Carnival Corp. Past 5 year annual reports. There per diem daily to break even was averaging 48.7% guest capacity at double occupancy per ship, per sailing on cruises 5-8 days. Which is there sweet spot. Food cost, docking fees, bunkering ect are variable costs. Brew12 was spot on that post. “The profits will come later”. The trick is sailing smart to avoid a shutdown. They can survive. But only by reducing the head count until this calms down. Even if this costs them short term in cancelations.  

I don't think I'm going to count the number of errors in your post, but will highlight one or two.

Carnival Corp consists of a number of cruise lines and does not release individual cruise line data. You can infer nothing from the annual report.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

These are just dominoes after the USVI announced that a couple of weeks ago.

45 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I could be wrong, but I thought NCL was 100% vaccinated which would eliminate those under 12.

You are correct...vaccinated or you are not getting onboard. They don't care about religion, medical reasons, age, or anything. If you are not vaccinated, you don't cruise with them. Their crew is 100% vaccinated and so are the passengers. I applaud them for that. Too much work to manage 2-10 sets of different rules. Make everyone the same and only 1 set of rules needs to be followed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

You are correct...vaccinated or you are not getting onboard. They don't care about religion, medical reasons, age, or anything. If you are not vaccinated, you don't cruise with them. Their crew is 100% vaccinated and so are the passengers. I applaud them for that. Too much work to manage 2-10 sets of different rules. Make everyone the same and only 1 set of rules needs to be followed.

Wonder how all their loyal clients who are not or want to travel with their kids will have memories after this is done?   

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Wonder how all their loyal clients who are not or want to travel with their kids will have memories after this is done?   

Plenty of other vacation options available to families than just NCL. Variety and options are a wonderful thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

The easy answer is for them to go to Beaches or other family oriented all inclusives.  Or try their luck with other cruise lines and hope to get exemptions.

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The same way most people are doing it. Take the kids camping or to National Parks, all inclusives that  allow them. 

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

The easy answer is for them to go to Beaches or other family oriented all inclusives.  Or try their luck with other cruise lines and hope to get exemptions.

We've been doing AIs for the past, what, almost two years now. Had awesome times, and have another one lined up for November. Cruising is just one option, and not a great one with kids right now. 

4 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

We've been doing AIs for the past, what, almost two years now. Had awesome times, and have another one lined up for November. Cruising is just one option, and not a great one with kids right now. 

We did adults only AI's in the Riviera Maya last July and again this past June in Punta Cana.  Back in cruise mode now, with 2 booked this year, 9 in 2022 and 4 in 2023, totalling 114 nights

23 hours ago, Brkintx said:

Cases amongst the vaccinated are not, in and of themselves, cause for concern. They should be expected, anticipated, and effectively dealt with by the immune response in the person who was vaccinated. And the virus is airborne, so transmission is likely. The entire point of getting vaccinated is turning a potentially lethal (or seriously debilitating) illness into a mild one where your body can fight it off by itself (ETA- and NOT to prevent infection in the first place, as that is not possible with an airborne virus...).

I totally agree unfortunately that is not the way its being treated and until we can revamp our thinking about this virus things will not get better.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I totally agree unfortunately that is not the way its being treated and until we can revamp our thinking about this virus things will not get better.

Make vaccines mandatory. End the ignorance and the pandemic.

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Make vaccines mandatory. End the ignorance and the pandemic.

you better be very very very sure before you mandate something that you don't even know what the heck it is.  All you people clamoring for a mandate. Golly it must be hard deciding what to wear every day.

• Like 2