Live(?) 7-day Equinox August 8, 2021

Jazzbo

1 hour ago, luv4cruises said:

Hi,

Hope you all are having a fantastic cruise!  We are on the 8/27 cruise.  Can any of you confirm that your CVS rapid Antigen test was accepted at the port? I’m so paranoid about this.  I just scheduled the PCR test for

4:00 on 8/24.  We fly from Ca on 8/26. 
im debating on signing up for Rapid

Antigen test as well. The word Rapid worries me. It would be a relief to know that your CVS Rapid Antigen test was accepted at the port?  Thank you in advance!

We are on the same cruise and CVS is one of Celebrity's accepted testing vendors. We scheduled our rapid antigen test for the afternoon of the 24th. Get scheduled and stop stressing. 

Edited by terrydtx

2 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

Today is our 37th anniversary. We got the  ring on top at Dynasty Dazzlers downtown at a great price. We are booked into Murano tonight.image.thumb.jpg.4863a2a2dc7691a949b43a6b4dbceb12.jpg

Every place we went into, people were so happy that cruise ships are back. Someone told me that 2 other ships are supposed to be in St. Thomas this week.

Congratulations we are celebrating our 50th  Aug 28th on the Equinox in Murano.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

Hi,

Hope you all are having a fantastic cruise!  We are on the 8/27 cruise.  Can any of you confirm that your CVS rapid Antigen test was accepted at the port? I’m so paranoid about this.  I just scheduled the PCR test for

4:00 on 8/24.  We fly from Ca on 8/26. 
im debating on signing up for Rapid

Antigen test as well. The word Rapid worries me. It would be a relief to know that your CVS Rapid Antigen test was accepted at the port?  Thank you in advance!

Had a Antigen test scheduled for today with CVS as we are on the Edge this Saturday. About 9 am this morning I received a text stating that location was temporarily closing and our tests were cancelled. Did some very quick scrambling and managed to get into a nearly doc-in-the-box and had our negative results in hand by 11:15 am. My point being, have Plan B available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Murano was wonderful, but we were so full after! Larry had the lobster bisque and I had the Anjou pear and blue cheese for starters. I had the Dover sole, filleted table side and Larry had the veal tenderloin — both delicious! We ordered the ballon rouge crepe prepared table side to share, and they also brought us the grand marnier soufflé. We’re still full this morning as we sit in the theater waiting for our catamaran excursion.F3830A51-BAE2-4BF6-ABFA-EF24392F6733.thumb.jpeg.d86b417006ca684abfdf325cedc85f3c.jpeg0E4A2F4B-1458-41D8-8AA9-0DBDE72767E0.thumb.jpeg.ffb88894584ac34a1d842540e90825bb.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, zitsky said:

I have not bought rugs for 20 years.  Have you bought any recently?  Do these prices compare to what you might see in Turkey?

I can’t answer that question, but they are less than what I’ve sees in Florida. I think I was 8 or 9 the last time I was in Turkey!

1 hour ago, Jazzbo said:

Murano was wonderful, but we were so full after! Larry had the lobster bisque and I had the Anjou pear and blue cheese for starters. I had the Dover sole, filleted table side and Larry had the veal tenderloin — both delicious! We ordered the ballon rouge crepe prepared table side to share, and they also brought us the grand marnier soufflé. We’re still full this morning as we sit in the theater waiting for our catamaran excursion.F3830A51-BAE2-4BF6-ABFA-EF24392F6733.thumb.jpeg.d86b417006ca684abfdf325cedc85f3c.jpeg0E4A2F4B-1458-41D8-8AA9-0DBDE72767E0.thumb.jpeg.ffb88894584ac34a1d842540e90825bb.jpeg

Thanks and congrats again on your anniversary.  Ours is on 9/4 but I think we'll book Murano for 9/3 since the 4th is the dreaded packing night.

The Port St Maarten webcam looks like you have a beautiful day in store.  This is one of our favorite stops.  We hope they are bouncing back.  We were there after the hurricanes and the folks were really working their butts off to recover.  Hammers and saws were the constant background sounds. 

13 hours ago, Mystictraveler said:

Had a Antigen test scheduled for today with CVS as we are on the Edge this Saturday. About 9 am this morning I received a text stating that location was temporarily closing and our tests were cancelled. Did some very quick scrambling and managed to get into a nearly doc-in-the-box and had our negative results in hand by 11:15 am. My point being, have Plan B available.

How scary... glad it worked out for you

4 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

I also took a photo of last night’s Blu menu.CE6C884F-3262-4DAA-A3CD-7EF75D2E7A28.thumb.jpeg.2480945eaa49b4078dce2a3d531eb9e3.jpeg

When we were on the Equinox after the renovation, cruisers commented that all of the pictures/[photographs  in the room and common areas  were of women.  We noted the same after it was brought to our attention.  We asked for some pictures/photos of men in our Comment Card.  Have you noticed any  pictures of men on the ship?

30 minutes ago, keesar said:

When we were on the Equinox after the renovation, cruisers commented that all of the pictures/[photographs  in the room and common areas  were of women.  We noted the same after it was brought to our attention.  We asked for some pictures/photos of men in our Comment Card.  Have you noticed any  pictures of men on the ship?

HUH?!?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, keesar said:

if they put up more photos I hope they look diverse.  

23 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

Today is our 37th anniversary. We got the  ring on top at Dynasty Dazzlers downtown at a great price. We are booked into Murano tonight.image.thumb.jpg.4863a2a2dc7691a949b43a6b4dbceb12.jpg

Every place we went into, people were so happy that cruise ships are back. Someone told me that 2 other ships are supposed to be in St. Thomas this week.

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

We just got notified last night that half our ports for the 8/15 sailing got changed. This throws a huge wrench in our excursion planning since we are within a few days of sailing.

My question to you is, does aqua class have concierge services for excursion booking or do we use the same desk as the non suite guests?

22 hours ago, Mystictraveler said:

Doc in a box.  Was that an independent urgent care facility?

14 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Nope. all women without faces.

The artwork before the renovation was really sad in my opinion on the Equinox.  Then after the update, we saw no photos of men or even couples.  It was mostly women without faces.  I guess I now know where my comment card ended up...

Our balcony did look bigger with the miniature table. and removal of the foot rests....😞

15 hours ago, TribeHokie said:

We just got notified last night that half our ports for the 8/15 sailing got changed. This throws a huge wrench in our excursion planning since we are within a few days of sailing.

My question to you is, does aqua class have concierge services for excursion booking or do we use the same desk as the non suite guests?

Aqua class is non suite.

15 hours ago, TribeHokie said:

Same desk as non suite guests, Aqua is not a suite class.

We had no problem booking an excursion at the shore excursion desk. I waited for about 5 minutes. YMMV. We did the Golden Eagle catamaran snorkel and beach in Sint Maarten yesterday. We have done this before and realized we should have stayed on the catamaran during snorkeling. Poor visibility and not many fish, although I did get to hold a white see urchin. It’s spines felt like thin plastic and it moves in your hand.  We enjoyed being on the catamaran and our stop at a beautiful beach.862CDB6F-82A0-473B-9544-88D7F6459E1A.thumb.jpeg.fc96edb046b31e41c1de0296986b148e.jpeg41975D41-79B7-4725-8C13-18D762E1D3BE.thumb.jpeg.bdfe34db164d29b4e083058aa859d383.jpeg

• Like 1

I was not hungry at dinner, so I had the prosciutto for my starter and the clam chowder got my entree. The fig jam with the prosciutto was delicious. Larry had the snow crab timbale (meh) and the lamb shank. I had a little taste of his lamb and it was really good — no way I could have eaten, though! I had to order ice cream for dessert — it was peanut butter, my favorite. 😊 I could only eat half a scoop, but that and and a double espresso finished the meal. We were so tired, we went back to our cabin after dinner.FBD38FCF-8BB2-40E7-821D-959FF7E84787.thumb.jpeg.a2103cf40454268ca4cc5602757f0ffd.jpeg

20 hours ago, TribeHokie said:

Pre-Covid they finally added a dedicated Concierge or Concierge class.     Alternatively you can also book, change and cancel excursions on you TV and via the App. 

Sorry to hear of all your work that went down the drain.  This is the first time I haven't booked anything and plan on waiting until on the  ship.