Has anyone received their NRD back as cash not a FCC?

2 minutes ago, spintowin said:

Has anyone received their NRD back as cash not a FCC?  Cash or credit refund

Only when cancelled because of new protocols issued by Royal around 30 days prior to departure which means they have made final payment.

If you are talking about deposits only the answer is no as that is over 90 days away and protocols have not been released.

Just now, spintowin said:

So, if I make final payment then wait for protocols and don't like them, then they will refund all money, including NRD?

Correct, if that policy (ability to cancel if you don't like the protocols) continues.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spintowin said:

With the current protocols, we don't want to cruise. We are booked early Nov and am thinking that not much will change for the better by then. 

But you won’t know that until the November protocols are issued.  If you don’t want to wait for that, you can cancel under CWC and get an FCC for your deposit.

24 minutes ago, spintowin said:

With the current protocols, we don't want to cruise. We are booked early Nov and am thinking that not much will change for the better by then. 

I just cancelled a November cruise before final and am taking the FCC.  If the testing requirement goes away I may re book if possible   I am within driving distance of the port

Edited by molly361

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You can move your deposit to any sailing that Royal has open for booking without penalty.

Which is what I did on Monday, for my November 28th Oasis sailing.  The funny thing is my TA told me that Royal had my NRD,(which I made in November, 2019), listed as a refundable deposit, so I guess I could have gotten a full refund, but I really would like to take a cruise, so pushing it out to January, worked for now.

As to what will happen down the road - who knows, but now I don't have to make final payment until mid October and I have a little breathing room.

• Like 1