Clothing optional charter on Oasis during cruise line start-up???

13 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

That's the main reason a family-friendly cruise line would host such debauchery -- for $$$.  The Bliss cruises have been around for quite sometime and there is much written on what goes on...not a Virtue of the Seas type cruise.   The CDC must be scratching its head wondering whether this type of cruise merits additional protocols.  Would love to see that manual. 😇

Royal and other RCI cruise lines have been chartering to this type of event (which you might be morally opposed to) for years/decades, so it's nothing new. My only qualm with these is post-charter sanitation and I try to look at chartering calendars before I make a reservation for this reason.

12 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Would just like plead with someone to go on this cruise and do a live review!!! I told my wife I would volunteer to do it but she gave me a look instead of a word answer. 

I did the same last night. 

Slept on the couch.

My back hurts this morning.

Mrs. Dawg is getting breakfast in bed today.

Have to go now....... off to do the laundry.

My back will hurt more this afternoon.

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Would just like plead with someone to go on this cruise and do a live review!!! I told my wife I would volunteer to do it but she gave me a look instead of a word answer. 

I remember reading posts by at least one person who has done a charter cruise but can't remember who or if it was a swingers or nudist one. They didn't do a review, just mentioned it on a thread a few years ago.  So, just by the odds, there's a few who have but most would never admit it on these forums lol.   

As for you wanting to volunteer, it's kind of like the ads for cruises you see, everyone young, hot and fit and then you cruise and find out the truth lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, coldflame said:

Royal and other RCI cruise lines have been chartering to this type of event (which you might be morally opposed to) for years/decades, so it's nothing new. My only qualm with these is post-charter sanitation and I try to look at chartering calendars before I make a reservation for this reason.

It's not that I'm opposed to these types of cruises.  To each their own.  What I find inconsistent is that a cruise line that spends gazillions of marketing money positioning themselves as a family-friendly line would lend their ships for a cruise that is the total opposite of what they promote.  But hey -- anything for money -- I get it. 

Like yourself, I would be apprehensive about taking the cruise right after, especially in today's germophobic world. 

Also, I wonder with the CDC hovering over cruise industry right now how this cruise could ever take place at this moment in time. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:02 AM, matj2000 said:

These types of charters have been going on for a long time.

It is an old topic here.

But someone new discovers it.

Like a prude school-girl, blushing in front of the computer,

They feel the need to start a cute new thread on the subject, and soon all the lame jokes start to appear from everyone.

Don't judge the lifestyle,  

It is probably more exciting than yours....

It's very obvious who's favorite flavor is vanilla and their chosen profession is a missionary...

These thread always pop up (hehe) and it's always the same dumb comments. if you don't like it, move on. It's not affecting you in any way, shape, or form. I've never done one of the cruises (and they're designed for couples anyways), but nudist cruises seem like fun and I'd have no problems doing one. 

Live your life and do what makes you happy. Let your freak flag fly! haha

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's not that I'm opposed to these types of cruises.  To each their own.  What I find inconsistent is that a cruise line that spends gazillions of marketing money positioning themselves as a family-friendly line would lend their ships for a cruise that is the total opposite of what they promote.  But hey -- anything for money -- I get it. 

Like yourself, I would be apprehensive about taking the cruise right after, especially in today's germophobic world. 

Also, I wonder with the CDC hovering over cruise industry right now how this cruise could ever take place at this moment in time. 

I'm not sure why you're so concerned about CDC and COVID. I can wear a mask with no clothes. I could also have an orgy on any cruise, regardless of it's a lifestyle cruise or not. 

Spoiler alert: I made out with people on Adventure last week and we were all fine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's couples only but they specifically state: "All cabins and bookings require double occupancy, one male one female." So I guess no same-sex couples? Though if you have a couple in a cabin, you apparently can add a single to the cabine as well.

Also it sounds like only open decks and pool areas (and 'play areas') are clothing optional?

Also, for a clothing-optional cruise they do have some events that talk about clothing on theme nights. There's an island theme night that talks about "island attire", and formal night recommends gowns and tuxedos. And purple night talks about dressing in purple.

12 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

I'm not sure why you're so concerned about CDC and COVID. I can wear a mask with no clothes. I could also have an orgy on any cruise, regardless of it's a lifestyle cruise or not. 

Spoiler alert: I made out with people on Adventure last week and we were all fine. 

Do whatever floats your boat -- more power to you!  Wear your N95 mask with no clothes and enjoy your orgies! 

My point is, in an age with so many health and safety protocols, a ship composed of entirely nude people, IMO, would present more hygienic issues than a fully clothed ship. It's just common sense.  

Edited by livingonthebeach

37 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Do whatever floats your boat -- more power to you!  Wear your N95 mask with no clothes and enjoy your orgies! 

My point is, in an age with so many health and safety protocols, a ship composed of entirely nude people, IMO, would present more hygienic issues than a fully clothed ship. It's just common sense.  

Why is it not hygienic? Nudists are very diligent about siting on towels wherever they go. They don't just go around rubbing their junk on furniture like some dog. I think that's pretty common sense personally, but not common enough for you it seems. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Why is it not hygienic? Nudists are very diligent about siting on towels wherever they go. They don't just go around rubbing their junk on furniture like some dog. I think that's pretty common sense personally, but not common enough for you it seems. 

I can understand sitting on a towel on the beach or pool area but people go about the ship and in dining areas such as the WJ completely bare.  Do they carry a towel everywhere they go?  Is there a towel police onboard?

Clothes serve as a barrier between people and other surfaces, they serve to prevent people from leaving their bacteria all over the place and from picking it up from other contaminated surfaces.  This is pretty commonsensical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, natefish95 said:

It's very obvious who's favorite flavor is vanilla and their chosen profession is a missionary...

These thread always pop up (hehe) and it's always the same dumb comments. if you don't like it, move on. It's not affecting you in any way, shape, or form. I've never done one of the cruises (and they're designed for couples anyways), but nudist cruises seem like fun and I'd have no problems doing one. 

Live your life and do what makes you happy. Let your freak flag fly! haha

Agree…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I can understand sitting on a towel on the beach or pool area but people go about the ship and in dining areas such as the WJ completely bare.  Do they carry a towel everywhere they go?  Is there a towel police onboard?

Clothes serve as a barrier between people and other surfaces, they serve to prevent people from leaving their bacteria all over the place and from picking it up from other contaminated surfaces.  This is pretty commonsensical. 

I'm pretty sure you have to wear shoes, and a shirt, in food service areas.  Does the dress code address pants?  🙂

33 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Swimsuits aren't adding that much between you and someone else.  You wouldn't blink twice at someone wearing a swimsuit while grabbing their burger on deck.

Honestly, this is a tempest in a teapot and a very welcome humorous respite from all the acrimonious testing threads in the past week. 

It is NEVER the people you want to be naked that participate in public nudity.  It is always the too tight budgie smugglers with a stretched flag across the backside.  😞

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Some swim suits are near practically bare bottom already. What does it really matter when dental floss is the material between 2 butt cheeks, compared to a bare one. 

That's very true but you don't see those in the WJ or other places where the "born free and nude" roam all over the ship. 

50 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

As someone else said, you must wear clothes where food is being served, such as the Windjammer and the Main Dining Room. 

Yes, they do carry a towel where they go or these cruises have towel stands in public areas for people to grab. 

I am enjoying this thread because it is different!  I am not taking sides, just learning about different lifestyles!  Wow...  I am on Oasis in October.  I hope to make some friends with workers so I can ask about this cruise afterwards!!!  I am just curious, but not curious enough to cruise that week.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

As someone else said, you must wear clothes where food is being served, such as the Windjammer and the Main Dining Room. 

Yes, they do carry a towel where they go or these cruises have towel stands in public areas for people to grab. 

Will there be an UP-SIDE and DOWN-SIDE marked on the towels.. LOL

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

That's very true but you don't see those in the WJ or other places where the "born free and nude" roam all over the ship. 

Some evening outfits reveal more skin than some bathing suits. It really doesn’t bother me. I’ve cruised after a lifestyle cruise and didn’t think twice. I’m more worried about the germ carriers on my sailing, than the one prior. 

RC charters the ship, and accepts the money. If someone wants to sail on that charter or not, it is no skin off my back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Clothing is hardly antiseptic. Any foreign substance that comes in contact with clothing can be left on a seating area for the next person, who could be exposed simply by touching their own clothing.

There have been complaints particularly in the past year about health care workers taking public transit home without changing out of their scrubs.  Happens in almost every city.

1 hour ago, billslowsky said:

Clothing is hardly antiseptic. Any foreign substance that comes in contact with clothing can be left on a seating area for the next person, who could be exposed simply by touching their own clothing.

There have been complaints particularly in the past year about health care workers taking public transit home without changing out of their scrubs.  Happens in almost every city.

You have a point, clothing is hardly antiseptic and neither is your bare behind left in a seated area for the next person.  

I know that the healthcare system here requires health care workers to change out of their used scrubs and into new and clean scrubs when they leave.  People often mistakenly think they are the same scrubs they used all day, but they are new clean scrubs.