LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to following along. We will be on Equinox for 12 nights on 9/26. Fortunately we got a cruise fix a couple weeks ago on Edge, but 7 nights went by so quick. Can’t wait for 12 nights. Equinox is one of our favorite ships.

We were so happy to be cruising again, we stayed on the ship the whole time.

• Like 1

I am following,  we are on the Equinox for 9 nights right after yours and we are celebrating our 50th anniversary on the 28th.  We booked the  August 27th Equinox cruise in June after our Infinity cruise of Spain and Portugal over the same time was canceled. 

Hope you all have a fabulous cruise and we are looking forward to your blog here.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Bon Voyage!🌞🚢

Thanks!!

8 hours ago, sn2792 said:

Enjoy your cruise. Looking forward to following along. We will be on Equinox for 12 nights on 9/26. Fortunately we got a cruise fix a couple weeks ago on Edge, but 7 nights went by so quick. Can’t wait for 12 nights. Equinox is one of our favorite ships.

We were so happy to be cruising again, we stayed on the ship the whole time.

Haven’t sailed Edge yet, but we want to. Glad to hear someone else loves Equinox too!

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I am following,  we are on the Equinox for 9 nights right after yours and we are celebrating our 50th anniversary on the 28th.  We booked the  August 27th Equinox cruise in June after our Infinity cruise of Spain and Portugal over the same time was canceled. 

Hope you all have a fabulous cruise and we are looking forward to your blog here.

I really wanted to do a B2B with that 9-night. Three weeks at sea?? Yes, thank you! But the timing just didn’t work. I hope you have a great time. 

Oh! And happy early anniversary to you too!

52 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Yay……have a great time!

Thank you! I’m sure we will! 

Getting the last of our stuff packed up this morning and running a few last-minute errands. Can’t wait to be on the road!

• Like 1

I'm pulling up a chair and look forward to reading your Blog.  

Happy to see your Covid tests went well and hope they have worked out all the kinks at the port to make your embarkation relaxing and enjoyable.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aring75 said:

I will definitely take photos of the MDR menus. Not sure if they are doing printed menus right now or if they are suggesting we use the app. I will let you know what I find. 

From every person doing a longer sailing on the Equinox in the coming months we thank you for posting MDR menus from the bottom of our collective heart!!  Have a blast on your journey through the Caribbean!  Hopefully Tropical Storm Grace doesn't alter your stops too much or at all!

• Like 4

Following along! 

I believe I have followed you before, after 18 months of lockdown I can't remember.😜

We will be sailing on the Edge August 28th so this will help the time go by and get us even more excited!

We have sailed Equinox and love the S class. 

Enjoy your time and all your experiences! 

Cheers! 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cruisin_FL_Girl said:

our check in time is at 2:00 pm. Can we come a little earlier or should we try to time it just right? I’m sure they probably don’t want a bunch of people standing around waiting. Maybe we should try to stop for lunch in the way?

I would suggest not arriving early. We arrived at 12:40 for our 1:00 check in last Sunday and shore staff directed us to the 1:00 line. People who had a 2:00 check in had to stand in a separate line. They did not start allowing 1:00 passengers in the terminal until shortly after 1:00. Stop for lunch on your way. If you arrive after 3:00,  find a staff member and tell them your check in time. Have a great time! The Equinox is beautiful, and the itinerary looks great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WhaleBoy said:

If your cruise matches your attitude it will be wonderful !

Awww thanks! And I hope you’re right.😁

5 hours ago, Harrylinden said:

We are on the December 10th Equinox cruise and can't wait! When you went for your rapid covid test,did you have to make an appointment and were you charged for it and was it expensive if you did pay?

Yes an appointment was necessary. They took our insurance information (FL Blue and Medicare) and there was no charge. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Dry but breezy today in Fort Lauderdale 

77F46C37-5B37-4765-BBAE-63A051E5BC59.jpeg

Nice!

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

following. 
im on the sept 5th ultimate carribean cruise

Yay! I’m happy to have you along. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm pulling up a chair and look forward to reading your Blog.  

Happy to see your Covid tests went well and hope they have worked out all the kinks at the port to make your embarkation relaxing and enjoyable.

Yes, the COVID test was the last hurdle. I figured it would be fine, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t relieved!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mufflogan said:

From every person doing a longer sailing on the Equinox in the coming months we thank you for posting MDR menus from the bottom of our collective heart!!  Have a blast on your journey through the Caribbean!  Hopefully Tropical Storm Grace doesn't alter your stops too much or at all!

Yes, going to have to keep an eye on Grace now. Still. It should be great!

1 hour ago, LaDave said:

Bon voyage!  I will be following.  We are on the Nov. 7 Equinox with the same itinerary - if it stays like it is???  Love the Equinox - it will be our third time.  Enjoy!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, countess5 said:

Following along! 

I believe I have followed you before, after 18 months of lockdown I can't remember.😜

We will be sailing on the Edge August 28th so this will help the time go by and get us even more excited!

We have sailed Equinox and love the S class. 

Enjoy your time and all your experiences! 

Cheers! 

Yes! I’m sure I’ve seen your “name” before. Maybe the 2017 Reflection cruise. My last three have been with Royal, so that’s possible too if you ever frequent the RCCL board. Either way, thanks for the well wishes!

24 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We are too!

Pier 25.

Woo hoo! There’s quite a few of us. Should be a great cruise!

15 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Have a wonderful time, and thanks for taking us along! 

Thank you!

• Like 1

I am going to follow along also ! - We are on the September 26, 12 Day Ultimate Caribbean

Wondering if presenting a negative Covid Test result be still be required for us to board ?

As of now, I think that requirement is only thru September 6th (?) anyway - 

Going to make an appointment at CVS just in case

Thank you for posting while on-board !  

• Like 1