LIVE - Equinox 8/15/21 - Ultimate Caribbean - It’s finally here!

aring75

Took a break from the cabana to get out of the heat for a bit. It’s nice and breezy up on deck, but it still gets hot. 

Back again for a late lunch. I have to control myself so I’m still hungry for dinner. One of the drawbacks of early seating. 

We were the only cabana today, but Marko (and now Wayan the afternoon cabana attendant) told us 4 out of 6 are booked for tomorrow. 

They seem like they’ll be happy to be busy. They sincerely do a great job!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Took a break from the cabana to get out of the heat for a bit. It’s nice and breezy up on deck, but it still gets hot. 

Back again for a late lunch. I have to control myself so I’m still hungry for dinner. One of the drawbacks of early seating. 

We were the only cabana today, but Marko (and now Wayan the afternoon cabana attendant) told us 4 out of 6 are booked for tomorrow. 

They seem like they’ll be happy to be busy. They sincerely do a great job!

I wonder if I could make a small pest of myself.  I rarely turn on a TV on a cruise but for our 8/27 I'd like to.  I'm a big LPGA fan and the Solheim Cup is being played during our cruise.  In your on board travels could you keep your eye out for anyplace that might resemble a sports bar where I might watch?

Thanks.

FYI: Dominica was listed as Level 1 (safest) on the CDC travel destinations. Today, however, CDC moved it to level 4 (don't go).

I have no idea how or if the cruise lines adjust their itineraries based on that list, but I might ask the excursion people to check it all out before plunking any money down.

7 hours ago, tvnewsengineer said:

Great review, very entertaining...was on 7/25 Equinox and learned this great hack late in the cruise and saw your omelet pic...

In Oceanview when you order an omelet...ask for the fresh egg option. Didn't even know that a choice, always assumed it was fresh eggs, but its not.

It made a difference in the taste (not that the original omelet was bad, not at all) just you can taste the fresh eggs vs the egg mix. Enjoy the cruise!

i usually order an egg white omelet.

no choice but to use premixed egg whites

Greetings again, "aring75."

We're so glad that your first days have been so enjoyable.

Today, we thought of a question to ask you (or anyone else who has been aboard Equinox since the "grand re-start").  We should know the answer, but apparently it has disappeared from our "little grey cells" in the nearly two years since our last cruise.

In the MDR, on a S-class ship, is a party of two or four guests served by a team of THREE crew members or a team of FOUR? 

Obviously, there is a waiter, an assistant waiter, and a sommelier.  But ... is there a fourth person -- a "bar waiter," who serves beverages other than wines (such as cocktails/aperitifs before dinner, soft drinks/specialty coffees with dessert, and after-dinner drinks)? 

If there is not a fourth member of the team, does that mean that the sommelier must provide all of the above beverages, in addition to wines?

Thanks, in advance!

7 minutes ago, jg51 said:

But ... is there a fourth person -- a "bar waiter," who serves beverages other than wines (such as cocktails/aperitifs before dinner, soft drinks/specialty coffees with dessert, and after-dinner drinks)? 

Yes there is.  She asked each night if anyone wanted a drink.  After the first two nights, she brought my tablemates their Sprite Zeros without asking.  I drank wine (sommelier), never asked the bar waiter for anything.  

• Like 2

Just got off the Equinox. Very eerie cruise. No lines. No crowds. Very few stores open on the Ports. Lots of bugs. We had to call CS 7 times in 5 days due to an up working  toilet (cabin 1516). The food as subpar and we ate most evening meals in Blu. Of the 28 cruises we’ve taken, this Cruise Director was the worst. If all of5his sounds too negative, I apologize, but his is my feelings. Celebrity is better than this, but not this time.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jimld said:

Just got off the Equinox. Very eerie cruise. No lines. No crowds. Very few stores open on the Ports. Lots of bugs. We had to call CS 7 times in 5 days due to an up working  toilet (cabin 1516). The food as subpar and we ate most evening meals in Blu. Of the 28 cruises we’ve taken, this Cruise Director was the worst. If all of5his sounds too negative, I apologize, but his is my feelings. Celebrity is better than this, but not this time.

No lines, no crowds sounds great to me. Better luck next time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tvnewsengineer said:

Great review, very entertaining...was on 7/25 Equinox and learned this great hack late in the cruise and saw your omelet pic...In Oceanview when you order an omelet...ask for the fresh egg option. Didn't even know that a choice, always assumed it was fresh eggs, but its not. It made a difference in the taste (not that the original omelet was bad, not at all) just you can taste the fresh eggs vs the egg mix. Enjoy the cruise!

Great tip,! We had a waiter back in 2016 who taught us that. 
sure makes for an amazing omelette! 

9 hours ago, aring75 said:

Well, it’s only our first full day. But I love the low crowd levels. I can see where some people would miss the crowds and the social interaction. It’s still happening, just on a much smaller level. 

We spoke with Marko about crew/staff levels. He said the F&B department is operating at about 50% crew and the ship is at about 60% overall. 

I still need to get passenger numbers, but we have not noticed a drop in the level of service, in fact, crew members seem very eager to please. 

Oh yeah! And thought you should know. It’s still called the Celebrity Today. 😊

The Daily Planner is just the page with the events of the day. 

Front Page

D6C835AF-C239-4473-BE41-0939EA957C7B.thumb.jpeg.9debfb172ec80ee81aabaeb3b9b290bc.jpeg

Have you run into Melbourne or Damien? Wonderful bar servers from Jamaica. Just curious. I do wonder the odd time how many found other jobs and haven’t returned to the ships.

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

If you get a chance, tell Amar and crew at the Sunset Bar that Sir Jimmy and Renee say hello! 

Amar is amazing and makes the best Jalapeño margaritas. I hope I’m able to cruise again with him someday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimld said:

Wow, that’s a shame to hear. I was on the week prior to you and I’m willing to bet it was the best food I have ever eaten on a cruise.  The flavors were out of this world. Temperature was great and service in the dining rooms was top notch. 

• Like 2

I just bought these hooks also. 🙂 We are Equinox B2B Sept 5/17 so will be moving in for 21 days. Yay. It will be nice to have some more places to hang stuff. Also got some chair clips. Getting more and more excited as each day goes by.