Sail away Day!

Locobill49

After 2 years of cancellations, waiting, ship changes, we are here at Day 0! We stayed 2 nights in Seattle. I highly recommend the State Hotel in Seattle. Just 2 blocks from Pike Market and 3 blocks from the SoundRail light link from the airport to downtown (University Ave). Cost of just $3 or $1 if over 65. The rooms are small but the bathrooms are large. Service is excellent with a bar and restaurant. Continental breakfast and hot coffee in the morning. And best of all, we are staying one night after the cruise and we can check in when we get back to the hotel. They are arranging transportation for our 6 couples to and from the pier for $40 per carload (2 vehicles). The excitement is picking up as we sat in the lobby and watched couples arriving at the hotel this morning after their cruise and telling us all about their journey. 

our ship is waiting!!

2BE0D771-44AD-428E-80AD-74E28679DDB3.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Bon Voyage and thank you for the photo.  I have been trying to get a live web cam to watch your departure but no luck.  This is the only way we can cruise at the moment!  Like the above poster, we will not be cruising till July 2022.

We're sailing next Saturday.  Can you tell us how the boarding process was?  Is there a separate area for suite passengers?  How strictly did they adhere to the boarding time?  Any info would be great!  

Great picture of the beautiful Millennium!  Enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, itzfitz said:

We're sailing next Saturday.  Can you tell us how the boarding process was?  Is there a separate area for suite passengers?  How strictly did they adhere to the boarding time?  Any info would be great!  

Boarding was very painless, much better than what I read about the earlier cruises out of Pier 66. We had a noon boarding and we’re in our room by 12:30.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Locobill49 said:

First lunch in Luminae was very good. Bronzino dish was tasty, as was the prawn Ceviche. 

Oh wow, looks amazing.  Boarding in one week and have been targeting the lobster roll for embarkation lunch, but those pics might make me change my mind.

Love your posts - thank you for them!

2 hours ago, itzfitz said:

If you’re on Millennium it would be next Friday!

We just arrived in Ketchikan. With 230 rainy days a year, we hit a nice sunny day. Our first At Sea day yesterday was good. We noticed a lot of rolling motion on the ship. There were slight white caps but it seemed to bother quite a few people. It also made the putting contest interesting!

I had read several topics that taled about the meat being over cooked. Not in my experience. The pork chop he first night was cooked as ordered. Last night, the Beef Toronado was one of the best pieces of beef I have had in a long time, cooked medium rare. So don’t be afraid to order it. 

The staff is amazing. Very friendly and helpful at all points. The lectures about the ports and whales are interesting and entertaining. Getting ready to explore Ketchikan!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Locobill49 said:

I also read where people did not like the water in aluminum cans. We tried it and it tasted fine to us. 

We sailed a few weeks ago on Millenium and initially there were two different aluminum can designs... one just solid aluminum color and another with a white (or maybe green?) label.  The solid aluminum color tasted just fine to us but the other was definitely a bit funky.  By a few days into the cruise we didn't see the funky ones anymore.  I commented to some of the crew about it and they were all aware that the previous batch tasted odd.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, KAE27 said:

Oh wow, looks amazing.  Boarding in one week and have been targeting the lobster roll for embarkation lunch, but those pics might make me change my mind.

You are on vacation and it's day 1.  Do what I do and have both. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 4:25 PM, KAE27 said:

Love your posts - thank you for them!

Do the Lobster Roll!!! I did it twice.  

Cheers,

🍸

• Like 1