Honeymoon Cruise Help/Advice Needed!!!

Hello fellow cruisers!

I would love and appreciate any advice in helping to decide which cruise to take for our honeymoon in October. We are SO torn between the 6 night on the Odyssey of the Seas and a 7 night on the Symphony of the Seas. I love the idea of the new and beautiful Odyssey but really want to know if we should take advantage of an extra night especially for a honeymoon.

Please share all personal experiences and advice for 6 versus 7 day cruises and if anyone has done Symphony or Odyssey of the Seas. Thanks in advance for all the advice/help :)

Symphony is practically brand new and has a lot of romantic ambiance in addition to lots of activities.  Central Park is beautiful at night.  Great for pictures too.  Nothing like it on Odyssey.  My vote is for Symphony.  

BTW…I got engaged on Allure in 2014.  Took honeymoon on a radiance class.  Love all sizes of ships, but Oasis class has best bang for buck in my opinion.

Edited by dianajo67
  • Like 2

This won't be much help, but we love Symphony, having cruised 2 @ 7 days on her. Have never been on a Quantum class, much less Quantum Ultra, but have an 8 night book on Odyssey for end of Feb, and very much looking forward to it! That said, I'd probably take the Symphony option for no other reason than the extra night. But Sunshine's selection beats that.

• Like 1

I far prefer the Oasis class ships over Quantum, but both are great. We leave Saturday on Symphony, our 2nd on her. We love the bigger variety of entertainment options as well as food options. We have 9 previous oasis class cruises, only one on quantum class. 

Barb

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Can you splurge and do 8 night southern caribbean on Odyssey?  

That's my selection😁

Does itinerary matter?  

We originally had the 8 night booked and wish we could have done that itinerary however, I am not able to get that week off work so we had to switch our plans. I’m super disappointed about it but I know it’s hard to have a bad cruise with RCL haha. So regardless of our decision we will have the best of time!

• Like 1

Longer cruise is always better. My only suggestion would be to not overbook excursions. On our honeymoon cruise, we seemed to think that we had to book an excursion at every port. Big mistake! And one that we have never made again. We hardly book any tours in the Caribbean anymore. :classic_biggrin: Congratulations! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

Longer cruise is always better. My only suggestion would be to not overbook excursions. On our honeymoon cruise, we seemed to think that we had to book an excursion at every port. Big mistake! And one that we have never made again. We hardly book any tours in the Caribbean anymore. :classic_biggrin: Congratulations! 

Thank you for the advice! I have cruised the Caribbean many of times before but my fiancé has not cruised before! We are definitely going to try to not over book things and enjoy the stops as well as the ship!

• Like 1

As fiance has never cruised before then I would pick an itinerary that has exotic islands vs st thomas.  I find st Thomas to be too americanized.  It's a beautiful island but so many other islands I enjoy better.  If wanting to do snorkeling western caribbean would be nice since you cannot do the 8 night southern.

Whatever you pick will be a beautiful fun and memorable honeymoon.

Congratulations!!

We are getting married aboard Odyssey in October....has been changed/canceled 7 times since last April 2020.  Was supposed to be married on Indy but was changed to Odyssey.

We loved Symphony but think it will be too overwhelming to have guest come on a ship that size for our wedding. 

Can't wait to be on a ship that only 8 other couples have been in our room (at the most because if they didn't sell the room..could be less!) and see knowing it's less than a few months old!

1 hour ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

St Thomas with its beautiful beaches is very different from home, unless you are in Florida or some other state with an ocean side.

Past the half-century mark Florida native. Still remember the keys before the first traffic light went up in Key Largo, Lake Largo had green water, grouper and lobsters. The tiki bar in Islamorada only sat 30 people....    Anyway, yes St Thomas is a beautiful island, and much different than Cleveland:) By more comfortable I was referring to the general attributes..as in English spoken, customs somewhat similar, not a huge culture shock, US currency..etc.

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Less can be more.   Do a taxi to the beach and just chill.  Or, stay on the ship once...almost better than the beach.

My wife and I were supposed to honeymoon on one of Majesty of the Seas' first sailings, however since they had the fire in the shipyard while building it we got switched over to the Song of Norway.  (but got a free cabin upgrade and onboard credit witch was great!)  Anyway, I totally agree with the others who advise not trying to schedule a lot of tours (we made that mistake).  In case you are wondering that honeymoon was 30 years ago.  The most important thing is not where you go or for how long, but who you are with!  You will never pick the "wrong" honeymoon if you remember to always choose to love your spouse - in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, until death do you part.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:33 AM, RedIguana said:

If it is his first time cruising, and maybe traveling out of the country, he may be more comfortable with St. Thomas, as it is not too much different than home.

We will be travelling from Canada. He has travelled before but never done anywhere in the Caribbean.

I am an oasis class fan. I went on Anthem and was not my kind of ship especially for the Caribbean. The ship has many indoor spaces which is great for Alaska but not the. Caribbean. Symphony is such a beautiful ship, definitely pick the extra night on symphony. 

On 9/4/2021 at 11:59 AM, renza said:

I am an oasis class fan. I went on Anthem and was not my kind of ship especially for the Caribbean. The ship has many indoor spaces which is great for Alaska but not the. Caribbean. Symphony is such a beautiful ship, definitely pick the extra night on symphony. 

Thank you for the advice! We booked the 7 night on symphony yesterday and we are so excited!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cruiser0987 said:

Thank you for the advice! We booked the 7 night on symphony yesterday and we are so excited!!

Nice!  Congrats.  Which sailing date is that one?

You will enjoy Symphony she is a great ship!....was just on her 2 years ago and loved it.....so much to do...so little time to do it.

Edited by thjeepster
edit

7 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Nice!  Congrats.  Which sailing date is that one?

You will enjoy Symphony she is a great ship!....was just on her 2 years ago and loved it.....so much to do...so little time to do it.

We are sailing October 16! 

• Like 1