Oasis of the Seas first revenue cruise on September 5th

DJLDRUMS

Anyone on board that can give us daily information for this cruise from passenger capacity to pool restrictions to what you find you like or dislike from your own perspective and experience. Thanks in advance for your replies.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And she's off.  Just watched her go under the verrazano bridge.  

I hope we hear from people onboard.

Also, Curious to hear if the rumor of 3000 passengers this cruise is true.

Wasn't that a spectacular sight! I watched it pull away on the nywebcam just a minute after 5:00. Was supposed to leve at 6;00. As expected thing change. yes, will be interesting if there's 3000 pax. There were very few on their balconies on the starboard side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Someone on FB claimed/wrote that the ship is at 75% capacity.  I find that very difficult to believe.  

But we shall see....................

Yes, if you saw the going away webcam shots the balconies only looked like they were 10% capacity on the starboard side.. HA! maybe everyone wanted to see the Statue of Liberty on the other side??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And she's off.  Just watched her go under the verrazano bridge.  

I hope we hear from people onboard.

Also, Curious to hear if the rumor of 3000 passengers this cruise is true.

Oh boy, I would hope not............won't be good press at all bringing that ship back into NY

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Would be interested to know also how many are sailing and how many children are on board older who are able to be vaccinated  and younger who are not able to get the vaccine yet as this is the last week in NYC area before school starts . For those sailing enjoy and thank you for those taking time to keep us in the know about all  that is happening as cruising starts up again. 

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Someone on board just told me 2400. 

That makes more sense and more in line with capacity limits RC talked about. 45% will be a pleasure on that class. I was on her at 100% and didn’t feel crowded most of the time so 45% is going to be great 😊 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

That makes more sense and more in line with capacity limits RC talked about. 45% will be a pleasure on that class. I was on her at 100% and didn’t feel crowded most of the time so 45% is going to be great 😊 

I agree perfect feeling part of something special and not feeling overwhelmed with people.  Shows will feel better for both the crowds and the performers.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are onboard. No capacity restrictions in the pools. No masks unless you are inside the ship in an area with unvax pax. Diamond drinks are awesome. Windjammer closed for dinner. 

Rooms were open at noon, we checked in 30 minutes before our assigned time. 19 minutes from car to cocktail

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4

57 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

We are onboard. No capacity restrictions in the pools. No masks unless you are inside the ship in an area with unvax pax. Diamond drinks are awesome. Windjammer closed for dinner. 

Rooms were open at noon, we checked in 30 minutes before our assigned time. 19 minutes from car to cocktail

That's great to hear!!!...how about the embarkation process, did it run smooth with the allotted times?  Was the Diamond Lounge restricted for capacity, how about the usual hoeur d'oeuvres, same as before, could you use tongs and pick them yourself? Ship looked impressive leaving and going under the bridge, most pax had to be on the port side (statue of Liberty side because when the cam did close ups it looked like only a 10% capacity of balconies on the starboard side. PLEASE keep us posted...Did the Captain give out the weather report as per usual?

1 hour ago, wingatesl said:

"from car to cocktail" - I LOVE IT! 😍

• Like 5

6 hours ago, DJLDRUMS said:

That's great to hear!!!...how about the embarkation process, did it run smooth with the allotted times?  Was the Diamond Lounge restricted for capacity, how about the usual hoeur d'oeuvres, same as before, could you use tongs and pick them yourself? Ship looked impressive leaving and going under the bridge, most pax had to be on the port side (statue of Liberty side because when the cam did close ups it looked like only a 10% capacity of balconies on the starboard side. PLEASE keep us posted...Did the Captain give out the weather report as per usual?

We have not been in the diamond lounge yet, will visit today. 

Embarkation was very efficient. We are traveling in a group of 15. We were scheduled to board at noon. We arrived at the port around 11:35 or so, dropped off our bags and parked our 4 vehicles. We exited the garage and met the rest of the group. Since the entry line only had a couple people, we walked up early at 11:40

There was a documentation check prior to entering the building, one prior to entering the true checkin line and once again at the checkin stand. The process was extremely efficient and I would say even more so than our last cruise out of this port. 

My advice for embarkation is to put your test results and vax card in your passport right on the photo page and put everything else in your carryon bag except your phone or set sail pass. It was nice to just fan them out in your hand and let them see it all at once. 

There was a Manhattan in my hand at noon!

I don’t remember a weather report but that could have something to do with the Manhattan. Lol

We always do traditional dining with the early seating and service was fantastic

I was on the promenade at 4:30 this morning and there was a very cheery crew member serving coffee at the cafe promenade. 

The reduced capacity was VERY obvious and is quite enjoyable. No waits in elevators and I have seen maybe 10 kids total so far. 

If anyone has questions, please ask. I have no hesitation walking around to gather info. There is only so much time I can spend in the pool and hot tub!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

We have not been in the diamond lounge yet, will visit today. 

Embarkation was very efficient. We are traveling in a group of 15. We were scheduled to board at noon. We arrived at the port around 11:35 or so, dropped off our bags and parked our 4 vehicles. We exited the garage and met the rest of the group. Since the entry line only had a couple people, we walked up early at 11:40

There was a documentation check prior to entering the building, one prior to entering the true checkin line and once again at the checkin stand. The process was extremely efficient and I would say even more so than our last cruise out of this port. 

My advice for embarkation is to put your test results and vax card in your passport right on the photo page and put everything else in your carryon bag except your phone or set sail pass. It was nice to just fan them out in your hand and let them see it all at once. 

There was a Manhattan in my hand at noon!

I don’t remember a weather report but that could have something to do with the Manhattan. Lol

We always do traditional dining with the early seating and service was fantastic

I was on the promenade at 4:30 this morning and there was a very cheery crew member serving coffee at the cafe promenade. 

The reduced capacity was VERY obvious and is quite enjoyable. No waits in elevators and I have seen maybe 10 kids total so far. 

If anyone has questions, please ask. I have no hesitation walking around to gather info. There is only so much time I can spend in the pool and hot tub!

First want to thank you for taking the time to post. If possible can you please let us know showtimes, better yet post compasses. Getting excited for our B2B 10/10.