Just took my Binax AG Card test...SO EASY!!!

bajathree

40 minutes ago, trey420 said:

Now this is a real issue with the expiration date.  A member of my roll call just got his tests in and they expire in less then a month from when he got his six test in yesterday.  I don't know why they expire so fast.  If I knew that I wouldn't have ordered six.  Mine will be in today I can't wait to see when they expire. 

Did that person add three months onto the expiration date listed on the box? I haven't seen anyone else mentioning ordering the tests recently and them expiring at the end of October. Everyone ordering them now has an expiration sometime in October on the box and then you add 3 months which takes you into January.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

FYI - you can now order from Royal's site.  I am hoping the 6 set I ordered is the correct ones, and that they do not expire too quickly.  I'll be using in 3 weeks.

Everyone seems to be getting tests with the original expiration being October but is actually January with the 3 month extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Thanks!  I have an iPhone…but I was planning on using our laptop as I don’t have a stand for the phone.

IMO its much easier with a laptop than a phone...one reason being what you mention about a stand to prop up your I-Phone. 

A helpful hint when using a laptop....you may want to use something to elevate your test kit to put it a bit closer to your eye level so you don't have to keep tilting the laptop. The proctor needs to see you at times and the test kit at times....so easier if all in sight at same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

The shipping is prompt, so you could wait until November to order.

I have cruises from Jan-May, so I'll have to order in early January. The May cruise will be an almost b2b, so RCCL should give me a free test onboard the first cruise.  We'll see.........................

18 minutes ago, Tinkbelle87 said:

Did that person add three months onto the expiration date listed on the box? I haven't seen anyone else mentioning ordering the tests recently and them expiring at the end of October. Everyone ordering them now has an expiration sometime in October on the box and then you add 3 months which takes you into January.

He called them and the said add 3 months to the expiration date.  It just seems strange it last such a short time to me I guess. 

15 minutes ago, trey420 said:

He called them and the said add 3 months to the expiration date.  It just seems strange it last such a short time to me I guess. 

I think the consensus is that Abbott made a bunch of tests at the beginning of the year, scaled down their operation prior to Delta, and now demand is kicking back up. So they are going through their old stock from earlier this year. They are ramping up production once again but are sending out the old stuff first.

Folks need to order from optum.com if they need fewer tests but order more than just one per person just in case.

If you need more and can use them before January, order from emed.com. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bajathree said:

I just took my test this morning for my Sat Odyssey sailing...I am GOOD TO GO!!!

This test couldn't be easier. My wait time in the queue was less than 30 seconds. Minutes to take the test....wait for 15 minutes...proctor comes back to verify results and you are good to go. Got my e-mail confirmation of my negative result in minutes as well as the result via the NAVICA app. 

I mean this is seriously simple....did it all over a cup of coffee 🙂

I ordered this for my wife and I. Put both our names in the online form. But how does it work when we both go to do the test? Do we each have to download the app and then have separate sessions?

Edited by Blauelini

1 hour ago, Blauelini said:

I ordered this for my wife and I. Put both our names in the online form. But how does it work when we both go to do the test? Do we each have to download the app and then have separate sessions?

Yes...you both have to download the NAVICA app on your phone and create an account. If you do the test on your laptop...then you go to eMed and sign in with your NAVICA login and password. So I did my test on my laptop first....then I signed out of my eMed account....then Deb used my laptop signing in to eMed with her account info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

FYI - you can now order from Royal's site.  I am hoping the 6 set I ordered is the correct ones, and that they do not expire too quickly.  I'll be using in 3 weeks.

I was hoping they had 4 packs there are 4 of us going, I guess I will just buy two 2 packs, I m assuming it is 1 pack per person right?

I've tested myself with the Binax kit, not for travel, but for speaking at a public event. It didn't have to be proctored, so I was on my own to buy the test and then administer and interpret it. The printed instructions are clear but must be followed carefully.

I ordered a two-pack BinaxNos AG test from Optum Store.  Both tests are lot number 142425.  Both have an original expiration date of 04 Oct 2021, and an extended expiration date in the Abbott letter of 04 Jan 2022.

I called Optum.  Apparently all kits in the Optum warehouse are from this same lot number.  They could not offer to replace the kits with a later expiring product.  

I asked for a refund.  The Optum agent said a refund would be sent, and I should dispose of the product.

Hopefully there will be more test kits available before my ship sails in January from Newark.

1 hour ago, bajathree said:

Yes...you both have to download the NAVICA app on your phone and create an account. If you do the test on your laptop...then you go to eMed and sign in with your NAVICA login and password. So I did my test on my laptop first....then I signed out of my eMed account....then Deb used my laptop signing in to eMed with her account info.

Can I just say "THANK YOU" for posting this, and following up to everybody's questions to help others get this figured out.  You're doing a great job.  THANK YOU!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone done the BinaxNOW home test for a minor. They say to create a profile on your account but I don't see any information about the process beyond that. Can anyone enlighten me on how the process works?

10 minutes ago, Embre said:

Has anyone done the BinaxNOW home test for a minor. They say to create a profile on your account but I don't see any information about the process beyond that. Can anyone enlighten me on how the process works?

Is it for a vaccinated minor?

10 hours ago, bajathree said:

I just took my test this morning for my Sat Odyssey sailing...I am GOOD TO GO!!!

This test couldn't be easier. My wait time in the queue was less than 30 seconds. Minutes to take the test....wait for 15 minutes...proctor comes back to verify results and you are good to go. Got my e-mail confirmation of my negative result in minutes as well as the result via the NAVICA app. 

I mean this is seriously simple....did it all over a cup of coffee 🙂

Quick question.................the new CDC guidance is taking the test 2 days before you embark...........you took the test today on Wednesday and the Odyssey sails on Saturday - isn't that 3 days? I'm trying to figure out the timeline for my 10/1 cruise which is on a Friday.

Thanks