No more open bar in the Diamond Lounge

beachump

26 minutes ago, beachump said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/03/how-royal-caribbeans-free-drink-vouchers-diamond-and-higher-members-works

But you can use your card there.

That was the only perk I chose RCL for to spend all my time and money acquiring that "loyalty" level.

The new voucher program is better than the 2 hour open bar with crap selections. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, beachump said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2021/08/03/how-royal-caribbeans-free-drink-vouchers-diamond-and-higher-members-works

But you can use your card there.

That was the only perk I chose RCL for to spend all my time and money acquiring that "loyalty" level.

I am sorry that you are upset at just finding out about this, but it  has been happening for more than three months now.

And I am surprised that your link worked.  CC used to block his website.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, dappledumpling said:

you can use your vouchers at most bars including the one in the diamond lounge.....On  our last cruise it was about 1/2 the time they used one of the vouchers.  The rest it was like old times.. but for me 5 drinks (diamond plus) is all thats needed... 

Ditto here,  also able to get drinks up to $13 and used for my favorite fruit drink "Miami Vice"🌴

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The C&A HH was for 3.5 hours and we always found a drink we enjoyed. But now we'll be able to get  Sauvignon Blanc. 

I stand corrected on the length of HH.  I stand by the fact that the liquor served was the lowest of the low end, my personal opinion of course.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I stand corrected on the length of HH.  I stand by the fact that the liquor served was the lowest of the low end, my personal opinion of course.

Of course, as mine. We usually don't drink the liquor but I will have a shot of JD once in awhile. The DL beer and wine selections work for us.  Cheers. 🍻🍷

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I was happy with the G&T served in the Diamond selection and the fizz was OK too . Would prefer sauvignon blanc and I guess I can now have one with my vouchers .

The only drinks I use to buy was Disaronna to sip watching the show, guess I can have one of those now too !

Edited by sgmn

The new way is better and you are allowed to select what you want and where you want it on the ship or CoCoCay. On my B2B last week I think I only used all 5 drinks on only 2 days. In October I will bump to Pinnacle and will get 6 drinks a day. I would rather be able to choose from everything under $13 compared to the old way of have a crappy selection over a short period of time each night. 

• Like 6

On board anthem right now and loving the new drinks policy. 
Had a cocktail out on deck in the sunshine this afternoon, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, currently relaxing in the schooner bar with a flavoured gin and tonic. Will then have a baileys to take back to the room with me. 

can’t say I miss being stuck in the crowded diamond lounge to get my drinks. If anything it’s making me rediscover all the bars on the ship

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

On board anthem right now and loving the new drinks policy. 
Had a cocktail out on deck in the sunshine this afternoon, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, currently relaxing in the schooner bar with a flavoured gin and tonic. Will then have a baileys to take back to the room with me. 

can’t say I miss being stuck in the crowded diamond lounge to get my drinks. If anything it’s making me rediscover all the bars on the ship

Totally agree!

Have a great cruise - I just got off Anthem this morning. Daniel the Schooner Bar pianist is amazing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardedladies said:

I was on last cruise as well, doing a B2B - I agree Daniel is great. And that’s the nice thing about the new drinks policy, can use it at the bar with the entertainment you want. 

Please, who is the cruise director on the Anthem currently?

Sorry it's not a drink related question, but since you are on the Anthem.

9 hours ago, dappledumpling said:

you can use your vouchers at most bars including the one in the diamond lounge.....On  our last cruise it was about 1/2 the time they used one of the vouchers.  The rest it was like old times.. but for me 5 drinks (diamond plus) is all thats needed... 

we love the new voucher thing!  Since we are suites only, going forward, we will be fine with vouchers and suite lounge 🙂. No more drink package

• Like 2

I have cruised with the new "my time" drinks and I loved it! 

Frozen drink by the pool at 1pm?  Sure! 

Nice wine with dinner?  Sure!

Beer with lunch?  Sure!

My choice of alcohol?  Belvedere, Grey Goose?  Yes.  No more NewAm martinis.  Yay! 

This and eMuster are two great things the pandemic has done for us.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

you should still be able to use the suite lounge (if you book suites and the ships have one). I just got an email from out concierge about the happy hour in the suite lounge.

Hi what ship and sailing? I’m on the Oasis on 9/19 in a suite and haven’t heard from the concierge yet . In past sailings we received an email a week or so before. Thanks

9 hours ago, dleahy4444 said:

Hi what ship and sailing? I’m on the Oasis on 9/19 in a suite and haven’t heard from the concierge yet . In past sailings we received an email a week or so before. Thanks

Freedom on the 9/17 Bahamas weekend sailing. We heard from them (I think) a week before.