News article that Couple claimed HAL did not inform them of canceled Zuiderdam cruise

LAFFNVEGAS

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

And, like I said, it's happening with other lines, too.  And, yes, it's inexcusable. 

Still waiting to see what my TA says about the cancelled NCL cruises for which NONE of us (she booked multiple cabins for us), including her, received notification of the cancellations.  Are they offering anything to move us to a different/replacement ship?  Any future comp or OBC?  Anything?  Anyone?

The entire industry seems to be really screwed up these days. There is no excuse. It is not like they have just begun to deal with unprecedented cancellations. They should by now know what needs to be done when cruises are cancelled.

You would think there would be a way for a passenger to confirm they received the cancellation message, so that those who did not respond could be contacted another way.

The news story referenced a HAL rep looking up a master list of canceled cruises (yet didn’t see the cruise cancelled). Is there a list that’s available to the general public?

Edited by syesmar

2 hours ago, syesmar said:

You would think there would be a way for a passenger to confirm they received the cancellation message, so that those who did not respond could be contacted another way.

The news story referenced a HAL rep looking up a master list of canceled cruises (yet didn’t see the cruise cancelled). Is there a list that’s available to the general public?

HAL posts on their website the most recently cancelled and replacement cruises (if there are some) each time a series of cancellations come out.

I’ve been relying on it to keep the Future Cruise Listing up to date and accurate.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kazu said:

HAL posts on their website the most recently cancelled and replacement cruises (if there are some) each time a series of cancellations come out.

I’ve been relying on it to keep the Future Cruise Listing up to date and accurate.

What is the website that you find the info on, please?  Thanks.

Just now, 57redbird said:

What is the website that you find the info on, please?  Thanks.

The regular HAL website.  At the top of the page,  there is a notice and all you have to do it is click it.

It’s circled in green on this screen shot.  Just click the cancelled cruises.

It’s updated every time more are cancelled but sadly, once a new list is added the old one is gone very shortly if not immediately.

1654FD4A-4FF0-485D-9511-DEE1B0C7FAFE.thumb.jpeg.6d84664f0e2161833b10e755990c9e5f.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kazu said:

The regular HAL website.  At the top of the page,  there is a notice and all you have to do it is click it.

It’s circled in green on this screen shot.  Just click the cancelled cruises.

It’s updated every time more are cancelled but sadly, once a new list is added the old one is gone very shortly if not immediately.

1654FD4A-4FF0-485D-9511-DEE1B0C7FAFE.thumb.jpeg.6d84664f0e2161833b10e755990c9e5f.jpeg

Thanks...

2 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

When I go to the HAL website, I don't have the part that you have in the green circle.

Weird.  It’s always there for me.  Wonder if you clicked the x box to close it?

If it’s not working try this link. https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/impacted-cruises.html

21 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I only see it when I am logged in. If your computer doesn't remember you automatically, you won't see it until you log in.

17 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

I was logged in ---

Just to clarify on the HAL website when I pulled that up for 57redbird, I was NOT logged in.  I just pulled up the HAL website.  I’ve seen it consistently when I go there logged in or not.  Most times I am using my Ipad on on Safari - otherwise on Chrome.

I have noticed that it disappears once you start to do something else on the site.  But, that’s just my experience.

• Like 2