Dress code for suite lounge?

1 hour ago, floridacruiser14 said:

First time staying in a suite with access to the Suite Lounge.  Is there a dress code during the day for the lounge?  Are shorts acceptable?

Yes, there is a dress code:  you should wear clothes 😝.  Seriously, you might be asked to change if you come in a bathing suit, but otherwise, no one cares.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

"smart casual" is WIDE open for interpretation

Not really. In the adult world, smart casual has a very definitive meaning - for example, slacks and a collared shirt for men, and all parts of a woman's attire should make full contact with all other parts of her attire - no bare midriff's for example. 

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/smart-casual-dress-code-and-attire-guide

"Smart casual attire is a dress code that combines well-fitting, polished business wear with elements of casual attire—think blouses, polo shirts, button-downs, chinos, dress pants, dark-wash jeans, and polished, practical footwear. On the spectrum of formality, smart casual lies between dressy casual (jeans and blouses) and business casual (dress pants and pencil skirts). A common way to achieve a smart casual look is to pair pieces of slightly different formality levels, like a pencil skirt with a vibrant sweater, or a refined blazer over a flirty blouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Not really. In the adult world, smart casual has a very definitive meaning - for example, slacks and a collared shirt for men, and all parts of a woman's attire should make full contact with all other parts of her attire - no bare midriff's for example. 

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/smart-casual-dress-code-and-attire-guide

"Smart casual attire is a dress code that combines well-fitting, polished business wear with elements of casual attire—think blouses, polo shirts, button-downs, chinos, dress pants, dark-wash jeans, and polished, practical footwear. On the spectrum of formality, smart casual lies between dressy casual (jeans and blouses) and business casual (dress pants and pencil skirts). A common way to achieve a smart casual look is to pair pieces of slightly different formality levels, like a pencil skirt with a vibrant sweater, or a refined blazer over a flirty blouse.

Then I stand corrected, and am glad they don't enforce the dress code in the suite lounge

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Then I stand corrected, and am glad they don't enforce the dress code in the suite lounge

He's quoting some other entity's definition, not Royal's.  How convenient.  Royal defines Smart Casual as a "step up" from usual dinner wear, which MUST mean that the expectation in the dining rooms is simply casual clothes if we follow that "logic".

I can't recall ever seeing someone try to enforce a dress code in the Suite Lounge (or the old Concierge Lounge) since the first time we sailed with a Concierge Lounge about 15 years ago.  I do recall the Concierge mention something to a group of passengers in the evening.  I never, ever recall seeing anyone say anything to anyone on any other cruise or any other time of day.

Frankly, I don't much care what anyone wears, formal or otherwise, as long as they act appropriately.  I'd much rather share a room with an appropriately behaved person in flip-flops, shorts, and a tank top than I would with a buffoon in a jacket.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

I can't recall ever seeing someone try to enforce a dress code in the Suite Lounge (or the old Concierge Lounge) since the first time we sailed with a Concierge Lounge about 15 years ago.  I do recall the Concierge mention something to a group of passengers in the evening.  I never, ever recall seeing anyone say anything to anyone on any other cruise or any other time of day.

Frankly, I don't much care what anyone wears, formal or otherwise, as long as they act appropriately.  I'd much rather share a room with an appropriately behaved person in flip-flops, shorts, and a tank top than I would with a buffoon in a jacket.

Well we have seen one in particular concierge on Adventure say something to a few passengers...She was very unpopular. We also could care less what people wear.