Double points for a new C&A member? (Pre-Gold Status)

binro01

So we have not been on a Royal Caribbean cruise in about 20 years (1st and only one). I was not able to find any information (reservation number, etc) about that cruise so I guess I'm stuck in this pre-gold status. The only thing we have from this cruise is some purchased photos and a recipe book we bought since my wife fell in love with their bread pudding.

My wife and I just booked a new cruise on the Allure of the Seas in February 2022. I did sign up for a C&A number for the both of us before booking, and used those numbers when we booked our cabin.

Since we are in the pre-gold status, will we receive double points for this cruise? I would love for them to "find" my 2001 cruise to give me the 4 point credit and then get double points from this cruise. It will launch us straight to platinum.

We are also looking about booking a second cruise in April of 2022 and one in October of 2022,

If we can get double points for those sailings as well, we might just do it this weekend, so that when we do our 4th cruise with Royal we will be already at diamond after only 3 cruises (22 days at sea in a royal suite class cabin X 2)

But I will only book the other 2 now if I know I will get double points. Any knowledge out there?

Edited by binro01

We took our first cruise in 2002.  When we booked our second in 2018, our TA was able to get our original C & A numbers.  The only information I had to help was the name of the ship & the date of the sailing.  Have you called C & A?

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

So we have not been on a Royal Caribbean cruise in about 20 years (1st and only one). I was not able to find any information (reservation number, etc) about that cruise so I guess I'm stuck in this pre-gold status. The only thing we have from this cruise is some purchased photos and a recipe book we bought since my wife fell in love with their bread pudding.

My wife and I just booked a new cruise on the Allure of the Seas in February 2022. I did sign up for a C&A number for the both of us before booking, and used those numbers when we booked our cabin.

Since we are in the pre-gold status, will we receive double points for this cruise? I would love for them to "find" my 2001 cruise to give me the 4 point credit and then get double points from this cruise. It will launch us straight to platinum.

We are also looking about booking a second cruise in April of 2022 and one in October of 2022,

If we can get double points for those sailings as well, we might just do it this weekend, so that when we do our 4th cruise with Royal we will be already at diamond after only 3 cruises (22 days at sea in a royal suite class cabin X 2)

But I will only book the other 2 now if I know I will get double points. Any knowledge out there?

2001 was not very long ago, technologically speaking.  They should definitely have a record of this cruise.  Call 800-526-9723 and let them help you figure it out.

And if you take the February cruise, you will definitely get the double points for the April and October cruises, as long as you book them before September 30.  (there are rumors that this date may be extended)

• Like 1

My first RCI cruise was in 1994 and it’s on my past sailings. They can normally look up your birthdate and find you. My daughter is missing some sailings when she cruised with me as a child in the 90’s, so she will need to call and get them added when she cruises again.

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

2001 was not very long ago, technologically speaking.  They should definitely have a record of this cruise.  

Technologically speaking, 2001 was light years ago;  that being said, they should be able to assist in tracking it down.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Hello, given you cruises before with RCI, you can obtain your C&A membership and points from first cruise.  All cruises to end of 2022 have double points.  Best wishes for your trip on Allure.  My wife loves the Allure, especially for Mamma Mia.  

Thanks! I'm going to surprise my wife with the cruise when she gets back home on Sunday.

She watches Mamma Mia about 2x a week and has all that music on her iPhone and probably listens to the soundtrack about 2x per day.

I think it's a toss up between Mamma Mia and the Greatest Showman for her current favorite show. Miss Saigon has been officially dethroned.

Mamma Mia is not one of my shows that I adore. Its only OK for me, but we do anything for our spouses. I can easily endure 2+ hours of ABBA music for her happiness.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

2001 was not very long ago, technologically speaking.  They should definitely have a record of this cruise.  Call 800-526-9723 and let them help you figure it out.

I'm a Principal Software Engineer, and technically speaking, finding data from 20 years ago is no small task unless the company has systems that allow the search of archived data already built and developed. I also have limited information. (Just the name of the ship, the year of the sailing and the Month. Not the exact date. I also have the itinerary. I know it was the 4 day cruise (not the 3 day) 

10 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I agree with calling. Also 2001 was under the old C&A point system. Therefore your 4 night cruise will be converted to 7 points when added. Cheers!

There 1 credit under the old system will actually convert to 8 points.  Each credit got 7 points and then they added some extra points depending on what level you were at the time.  With only 1 credit, they would be 7 points plus 1 extra point for 8 points total.

35 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Good call, I forgot the bonus points! I think OP should call and try. There are various means of “verifying” you were onboard. Maybe for just one sailing they will even take your word.

I will be trying to call shortly. Wish me luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Technologically speaking, 2001 was light years ago;  that being said, they should be able to assist in tracking it down.

I should have been clearer.  Technologically speaking, 2001 wasn't far away, FOR ROYAL CARIBBEAN'S CRACK IT DEPARTMENT.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

And if you take the February cruise, you will definitely get the double points for the April and October cruises, as long as you book them before September 30.  (there are rumors that this date may be extended)

Thank you so much for this phone number! The C&A rep was very polite and very helpful.

She was able to find my past cruise on the Viking Serenade in November 2001 and I got my points for the cruise. I'm now Gold status instead of Pre-Gold and will get my double points on my Allure sailing in February 2022.

That trip will place me at 32 points due to the suite we are booked in, the new booking for April 2022 will land us 28 Points (60 points) and the October will land us another 28, giving us 88 points in just 4 sailings with Royal, granting us Diamond status pretty darn quick. Too bad 2023's calendar is not fully available, otherwise I might have taken advantage to push for Diamond +.

Edited by binro01
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, binro01 said:

Thank you so much for this phone number! The C&A rep was very polite and very helpful.

She was able to find my past cruise on the Viking Serenade in November 2001 and I got my points for the cruise. I'm now Gold status instead of Pre-Gold and will get my double points on my Allure sailing in February 2022.

That trip will place me at 32 points due to the suite we are booked in, the new booking for April 2022 will land us 28 Points (60 points) and the October will land us another 28, giving us 88 points in just 4 sailings with Royal, granting us Diamond status pretty darn quick. Too bad 2023's calendar is not fully available, otherwise I might have taken advantage to push for Diamond +.

AWESOME!!  Enjoy.

Erika

2 hours ago, binro01 said:

I'm a Principal Software Engineer, and technically speaking, finding data from 20 years ago is no small task unless the company has systems that allow the search of archived data already built and developed. I also have limited information. (Just the name of the ship, the year of the sailing and the Month. Not the exact date. I also have the itinerary. I know it was the 4 day cruise (not the 3 day) 

I took a hiatus from cruising (wife, kids, divorce, poor) on RCL from 2000 to 2019. In 2019 they found my 2000 cruise and gave me 8 points, just by me logging in. They should not have to "find" data from 20 years ago, it should all have been moved forward with every upgrade. I can still access data from my win 98 and NT instruments, as I have moved it over with every forced upgrade.

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

Why are you only going to end up at 32 points after your cruise that gives you 28 points?  A cruise in 2001 should have converted to 8 points based.  You had one credit that converts to 7 points and then you also would have received 1 bonus point.  There is a chart that details how many bonus points based on how many credits but with only 1 credit at the time, the bonus was only one additional point.

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Why are you only going to end up at 32 points after your cruise that gives you 28 points?  A cruise in 2001 should have converted to 8 points based.  You had one credit that converts to 7 points and then you also would have received 1 bonus point.  There is a chart that details how many bonus points based on how many credits but with only 1 credit at the time, the bonus was only one additional point.

My Allure OTS is a 6 day cruise not a 7 in a Junior Suite. 12*2 = 24 + 8 = 32 

• Like 1