Well, at least Princess is now being somewhat proactive by notifying us about problems with the Medallion App

CineGraphic

We received the following email from Princess today concerning our November sailing.

We’re so glad you’re cruising with Princess and look forward to delivering an exceptional dining experience. We have an important update to share about your dining reservations.

You may be temporarily unable to view or modify your booked main dining reservations because of operational issues. Rest assured, the reservations remain active on the back end, and our team is working on making them visible again very soon. We appreciate your patience while we work on this issue and kindly request that you do not make new reservations at this time, as it will result in duplicate reservations for your travel party. When your reservations are restored, your main dining room may have changed. However, please note the menu is the same in all our main dining rooms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, CruisinMinnie said:

I wonder how they decide to whom to send the email.  My dining times disappeared for my three booked cruises and I entered them again.  Oh well I guess I’ll wait awhile and see what happens…..🤔

Right - how many people have been changing, re-adding res before this email ever went out? 

What a disaster - keeps on going.  And they still have a mess when it comes to B2B, B2B2B, etc.

I still say they should not have the App attempting to make TD res.  Block off DR space and send all TD requests to the MD as before.  MUCH easier and more reliable.  App should just be for AT res, overrides, last minute bookings, Specialty, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dchip said:

Looks like they are doing away with Share on the Ruby. Now the email I received  makes sense. Since we have booked and paid for a dinner at Share for our 10-31 cruise. 

Sur La Mer was removed from the app for Majestic sailings a few days ago. Passengers currently onboard say that it's closed and were told that it would only be closed for 3 days due to technical issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dchip said:

Looks like they are doing away with Share on the Ruby. Now the email I received  makes sense. Since we have booked and paid for a dinner at Share for our 10-31 cruise. 

maybe the fact that 'dining room might change' means your Specialty Reservation will be on a different ship 🙂

Sorry for your disappointment, please forgive my Humor.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Sur La Mer was removed from the app for Majestic sailings a few days ago. Passengers currently onboard say that it's closed and were told that it would only be closed for 3 days due to technical issues.

I wonder what the difference is between operational issues and technical issues.

12 hours ago, CruisinMinnie said:

I wonder how they decide to whom to send the email.  My dining times disappeared for my three booked cruises and I entered them again.  Oh well I guess I’ll wait awhile and see what happens…..🤔

If you made the same reservation, you will have to have 2 dinners. Just order double of everything.🤣

• Haha 1

I can say this about my experience with the Medallion app and the Medallion on my most recent cruise with Princess which was on the Sky in January 2020.

Pre-cruise, the app was so wonky that I gave up even trying.  The screen would freeze and I would have to shut my phone off and restart it.  I never could get all of my information loaded. I was able to get the Medallion ordered. On cruise embarkation day, I took my paper confirmation and my Medallion to the pier where  the Princess staff got me all checked in.

After that, I never used the app for anything on board and only used the Medallion to open my cabin door and to order drinks at the bar.

14 hours ago, dchip said:

We also had paid for a dinner at Share on the Ruby.  A refund for the dinner was just posted to my credit card.

I also received this email about the dining reservations.  

• Like 1

In my personal opinion and my personal opinion only Dine My Way is an even worse idea than adding the extra cabins and butchering they did to the Island Princess!!!  Princess should cut their losses while they can and go with Steelers36 idea on how to use it.  Technology and it's integration into our everyday lives can and does work on many levels, but currently and with whomever is the driving force or "tech expert" for it Dine My Way is so not fitting the bill.  Again, just my personal opinion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, disneyochem said:

We also had paid for a dinner at Share on the Ruby.  A refund for the dinner was just posted to my credit card.

I also received this email about the dining reservations.  

Interesting. I’ll be looking out to see if we receive a credit. Thanks for the heads up! 
Denise

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Operational = understaffed?

Technical = equipment failure?

I think operational is just a catch all. We once had an excursion booked on Carnival and were warned that there were not enough booked, but they were hopeful more would book before the excursion. When it was finally cancelled, the reason given was "operational". We later ran into a much more experienced on Carnival passenger who also was booked o that excursion and was cancelled. He said he also got the operational excuse and had never seen that before. We explained to him what it really meant.

They could have said the real reason, not enough sold. That's what happened to us once with NCL, and they said not enough booked. In case any are interested the cancelled Carnival excursion was a scavenger hunt (hard to do without multiple bookings) in Saint Marten. And the one on Norwegian was to Arles from Marseilles.

The DMW app is back on my phone with a curious change.  It now lists my booking number for "sharing."  (Of course, as soon as I write this, DMW app disappears again.)  Anyone else see this booking number thing?

I got the email.  Yesterday DMW was there and I was able to make selection for just booked 4 day cruise and my following cruise was all still there.  IIRC it showed "shared" but I don't remember seeing a number of persons.  Just now, I went to look and I get a message something like DINE MY WAY IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE, TRY AGAIN LATER.

Well, at least we know they are working on DMW.

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Personally I fail to see why Princess invented this medallion thingy.  Not everybody likes it and quite a few problems with it as has been reported on here.

Agree with you totally.  It has been a hot mess since the beginning and just gets worse and worse.  I think the whole medallion thing has been huge mistake, especially that they removed all pre-cruise "stuff" from the website and made it all dependent on the oh so wonderful App.  Some of us can not even use the App because of the phone restrictions they made.

• Like 1