Ruby Princess - Share by Curtis Stone being replaced by Sabatini's?

sloopsailor

After a five year lull, we've finally been researching cruises for next summer and had been looking at Ruby Princess out of San Francisco. We noticed that there was no Sabatini's on board this ship, apparently one of three ships with out it. When looking at the list of specialty restaurants, there was Share by Curtis Stone at the back of deck 16, but no Sabatini's anywhere. 

Today I checked Ruby Princess again and noticed that Share is no longer listed on the ship's website. Instead, Sabatini's is. However, the deck plans still show Share and no Sabatini's. 

I know that Ruby Princess is going into a 17-day drydock at the beginning of October. Does anyone know if Share is being replaced by Sabatini's?  

Anything else being done at this drydock? 

Thanks!

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 2

It would really seem that Sabatini's has been restored since as you say it is listed as a Specialty option. Share is still on Deck Plan however Cal Coastal shows Santa Barbara on the Map but Catalina on the itinerary. So I guess updating parts of website takes longer than other parts.

Edited by Tedferg

If true, I can't blame Princess for getting rid of Share and replacing it with Sabatini's.

Money-wise, they won't have to pay-off Curtis Stone anymore.

I rarely ever saw anyone in Share, and Sabatini's has always looked busy, so that's another plus for Princess.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Oh I hope so!! Hope Sabatinis replaces Share on the Emerald as well. Or maybe Alfredos replacing Share. 

On their website, Sabatini's is showing now instead of Share. Share still shows on deckplans there, but under ship info it's Sabatini's. No Alfredo's, which is a shame.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

On their website, Sabatini's is showing now instead of Share. Share still shows on deckplans there, but under ship info it's Sabatini's. No Alfredo's, which is a shame.

It now does the same thing on the Emerald. Sabatini's is listed, but Share still shows on the deck plans. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

On one of our last cruises in 2019, a HGM told us that Princess had a 5 year contract with Curtis Stone and that it appeared that Princess was not going to renew the contract...

If that removes the special feature items on MDR menu, I will miss a couple of those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

Share is still listed on the Medallion App (no Sabatini's).  This is for our Nov 2022 cruise.    I'm able to book a reservation at Share....now I'm so confused 🙂

431B4EB1-AF83-41C5-9A2D-56CD66366D6F.jpeg

I wouldn't be confused.  The MC App is hardly a reliable source and may well be the last thing to be updated if the change is happening soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have never been on board the Ruby, but on the Emerald I have never noticed SHARE crowded. We tried it once. To us just OK. Seems like a good idea to replace it with something that will generate more revenue. SHARE still shows on the deck plans and in the Princess dining guide.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:02 AM, Papa Yoda said:

Share seemed to be popular with the crew.

If you can't fill a dining room with paying passengers, you fill it with whoever you can get, so it doesn't look empty/unpopular. I'm pretty sure that the different departments on board reward staff by comping specialty dining every now and then.  Anything other than the crew mess is a welcomed change.

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 1