The Daily for Friday October 01, 2021

richwmn

29 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

No, I had major problems yesterday with both Chrome and Safari.  Had to clear the browser history which I hate to do.  I think I might just have to resort to the PC from now on, but.....  Gosh, I really don't want to do that!  Logging out seems to be the only fix.

DAM - sorry, I thought Chrome was the solution.  Didn’t mean to lead anyone astray 😔. Logging out and in didn’t fix it for me.  

Seems we all have different gremlins which is really strange!

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Made it to Seattle safely, on time and with luggage! Dinner tonight at Elliot’s Waterfront Seafood.

Staying at Marriott Waterfront with Celebrity Millenium docked across from our balcony.

Mount Ranier was beautiful during our final approach to SeaPac.

image.thumb.jpeg.934c69051793a63c672db077ae970588.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.aded81bb63f2ce61fb90adeebd2c580f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.8042e37552ca22aeb54741f5e87ab9fa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.32dd7d611ae5452b33da5ff89e881a4a.jpeg

Great shots!!  Glad you arrived safely with luggage complete.

Enjoy your dinner tonight and boarding tomorrow 👍 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, kazu said:

Wow!  That’s definitely gremlins at work.  Chrome was the only reason I could post for a few days.  Maybe it has something to do with the main internet provider?  Weird.  Safari is working right now on the Ipad (for how long, I don’t know)

That’s really disappointing as I thought Google Chrome was the solution 😔 

I have a couple of quick "fixes" that always seemed to work until yesterday.  Not sure it's the internet provider, since CC works on DH's tablet using Chrome.   Just keeping my fingners crossed that it will work on the iPad, which I quit using when I got the tablet.  I don't want to have to keeping going to the laptop unless I need to access pictures to post.  So far I haven't risked posting on the tablet since it started acting up.

And we also have a thermostat for our HVAC unit that works off the internet and we can access it from our phones and tablets.  With that, my tablet works, but DH's tablet and phone don't. 

I guess CC isn't the only thing with gremlins.  Ykies!  😱

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I have a couple of quick "fixes" that always seemed to work until yesterday.  Not sure it's the internet provider, since CC works on DH's tablet using Chrome.   Just keeping my fingners crossed that it will work on the iPad, which I quit using when I got the tablet.  I don't want to have to keeping going to the laptop unless I need to access pictures to post.  So far I haven't risked posting on the tablet since it started acting up.

And we also have a thermostat for our HVAC unit that works off the internet and we can access it from our phones and tablets.  With that, my tablet works, but DH's tablet and phone don't. 

I guess CC isn't the only thing with gremlins.  Ykies!  😱

I think it’s CC, period.  OMG on your HVAC.  That is really weird.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, kazu said:

I think it’s CC, period.  OMG on your HVAC.  That is really weird.

We can still use the thermostat, but the remote feature is nice when we away from home.  It was a new item when we replaced the system two years ago, and it's acted up a couple of times.  They're coming to look at it tomorrow.  Maybe, they'll replace the theromstat.  👍

I agree, that it's CC.  

It’s working on the iPad. 🤞 CC stopped working on DH’s tablet.  Weird

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, St Pete Cruiser said:

Those with pools may disagree.

I hear you.  We do have a pool which we cover with a solar blanket and also have solar heat for it….extends the season a bit longer. 🏊‍♀️😁

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Afraid, I love fall..

Many do and while I like the colours, the work of putting the gardens to bed (sad), taking apart all my planters (sadder) and drying bulbs (ugh) doesn’t make it a fun time for me.  Not to mention 90 bags of leaves.  I got a portable mulcher this year - going to see if that helps.  And, it means winter is coming - ugh.

Have to enjoy every day of course but it’s too dark too early already 😔

We will have some nice days left I hope as I have a lot of work to do and hate working in the cold.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, kazu said:

DAM - sorry, I thought Chrome was the solution.  Didn’t mean to lead anyone astray 😔. Logging out and in didn’t fix it for me.  

Seems we all have different gremlins which is really strange!

No worries, no need to be sorry, I thought it was the solution too. It worked great while it lasted!  😉

Just very frustrating to have to do things that I never had to do before. You would think it should be easier!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, I hope you get the remote feature working on the Hvac system. 

@aliaschiefBruce, great pictures!  I’m so jealous but shouldn’t be since I only have 8 days left. 

Joy @Seasick Sailor, thanks again for the recommendations, we now have reservations at Bencotto!  And it’s walking distance from our hotel. Yay!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Added comments
  • Like 5

I haven't posted much beyond the essentials lately.  It's been a crazy week or two.  After returning from my reunion 2 weekends ago a lot has happened.

Monday (20) my flu shot.

Tuesday (21) Dentist  (fillings)

Wednesday (22) After my August AC repair there was a part on order and it did not seem like the system was working.  The guy came out and installed it but no change.  I'm officially in the dead appliance club. 

Monday(27) to the Health Department for a Covid test (Negative).  I wanted to be sure after the reunion and while there were "Mask required" signs in both my hotels none of the staff was wearing.  Nice to know I'm actually negative.

Tuesday(28) the AC sales guy came out and it looks like I will be getting both a furnace and AC.  The furnace is ok but it's as old as the AC and the 2 systems are interconnected so I'll be replacing both.  After a lot of phone tag I finally have a contract for both.

In addition to the AC problem my bathroom light acted up.  I thought I had a spare flourescent tube but it changing tubes did not help.  Off to the hardware store for a new starter.  Still just useless flashing. On my next shopping trip I stopped at Home Depot for a new tube.  Theirs were all LED rather than flourescent but it looked like it would work.  Only for a couple minutes.   I tried another LED from the hardware store.  Nothing.  It dawned on me that when I did the flourescent tube shuffle it always flashed uselessly.  They actually had flourescent tubes and that finally worked after a couple of nasty days of errands and working with a bare bulb plugged into a socket but at least I don't need to find somebody to replace the fixture.

Wednesday (29) I got my booster shot (health department).  Fortunately. no reaction.

Thursday (30) "Graduated" from Cardiac rehab.

Today was crazy busy but it was mostly catching up on things with light at the end of the tunnel.

Roy

• Like 20

@rafinmd  What @Sharon in AZ said.  I am sorry you are in the dead appliance club.  That is such a pain.  I hope you haven't started something with the problematic lighting.  

These days it is hard to find a light fixture with a bulb that can be changed.  My over the sink light would have to have the whole light replaced.  It has been going strong for 5 years now.  Same with my small bathroom light.  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

These days it is hard to find a light fixture with a bulb that can be changed.  My over the sink light would have to have the whole light replaced.  It has been going strong for 5 years now.  Same with my small bathroom light.  

Our bulbs for our outdoor lighting died and the lighting place said they didn’t exist anymore and we had to buy a new system.  GRR

When I mentioned it to my contractor, he pulled out a bulb, took it and emailed with an automobile bulb on amazon that was the exact same thing.

Ordered one set, installed and work perfectly and are LED so they should last longer 👍 

As much as I like to give business to the stores here, sometimes amazon can provide answers.  Sad but true as I am a big supporter of local businesses.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Our bulbs for our outdoor lighting died and the lighting place said they didn’t exist anymore and we had to buy a new system.  GRR

When I mentioned it to my contractor, he pulled out a bulb, took it and emailed with an automobile bulb on amazon that was the exact same thing.

Ordered one set, installed and work perfectly and are LED so they should last longer 👍 

As much as I like to give business to the stores here, sometimes amazon can provide answers.  Sad but true as I am a big supporter of local businesses.

I hear you.  I will always shop local first.  Amazon is a last resort, but they do have the things you can't find locally.   My neighborhood doesn't have streetlights.  Instead, there are light poles with lanterns in every yard.  Most people have given up and never put in new bulbs when the old ones burn out.  But, I do.  The other problem is that they have photo eyes so that they will turn on automatically at night and turn off in the morning.  You can do it manually, but the light won't work if the photo eye doesn't.  The design is 45 years old, so the photo eye that fits can't be found in any of the local hardware stores.  So, Amazon it is.  I have to replace it every 5 years or so.  I buy them two at a time.  I'm not paying to replace the pole but it is important to have light on the street.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I haven't posted much beyond the essentials lately.  It's been a crazy week or two.  After returning from my reunion 2 weekends ago a lot has happened.

Monday (20) my flu shot.

Tuesday (21) Dentist  (fillings)

Wednesday (22) After my August AC repair there was a part on order and it did not seem like the system was working.  The guy came out and installed it but no change.  I'm officially in the dead appliance club. 

Monday(27) to the Health Department for a Covid test (Negative).  I wanted to be sure after the reunion and while there were "Mask required" signs in both my hotels none of the staff was wearing.  Nice to know I'm actually negative.

Tuesday(28) the AC sales guy came out and it looks like I will be getting both a furnace and AC.  The furnace is ok but it's as old as the AC and the 2 systems are interconnected so I'll be replacing both.  After a lot of phone tag I finally have a contract for both.

In addition to the AC problem my bathroom light acted up.  I thought I had a spare flourescent tube but it changing tubes did not help.  Off to the hardware store for a new starter.  Still just useless flashing. On my next shopping trip I stopped at Home Depot for a new tube.  Theirs were all LED rather than flourescent but it looked like it would work.  Only for a couple minutes.   I tried another LED from the hardware store.  Nothing.  It dawned on me that when I did the flourescent tube shuffle it always flashed uselessly.  They actually had flourescent tubes and that finally worked after a couple of nasty days of errands and working with a bare bulb plugged into a socket but at least I don't need to find somebody to replace the fixture.

Wednesday (29) I got my booster shot (health department).  Fortunately. no reaction.

Thursday (30) "Graduated" from Cardiac rehab.

Today was crazy busy but it was mostly catching up on things with light at the end of the tunnel.

Roy

That is a busy week Roy.

Excellent news you have graduated from Cardiac rehab and also you had a negative test.

Take care and good luck with your future cardiac care.

Graham 

• Like 6

No  cruises for a while.  I'm slowly realizing that I've been taking my house for granted and there are several other things that need to come first.  My first real change will be in person church in a couple of weeks after the booster kicks in.  It will be the first time since 3/8/20 in Melbourne.

Roy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1