"Always included" - false advertising?

ak1004

On 10/1/2021 at 3:13 PM, ak1004 said:

Oceania airfare options are actually terrible.. especially for the business class. This is one of the few areas where Celebrity beats Oceania. We booked flights with Celebrity several times at rates lower than publicly advertised rates. I have no problem admitting when my favorite line does something wrong, I'm not sure why people have such a big issue to admit that Celebrity does false advertising, even if they enjoy their product..

Have you reported them to the authorities?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, davekathy said:

... CALL will be printed on the Sea Pass card for CBP and PALL will be printed on the Sea Pass card for PBP. 

That used to be true fleetwide, "davekathy" -- but it is no longer true.  On Equinox in September, a card said, "Premium," for someone with a Premium Beverage Package.  (Presumably, a card said, "Classic," for someone with a CBP -- although we did not verify this.)

It's possible that all of the currently active ships have now stopped using "CALL" and "PALL," perhaps due to the fact that those terms were never descriptive enough ... but, again, we have not verified this.

16 minutes ago, jg51 said:

That used to be true fleetwide, "davekathy" -- but it is no longer true.  On Equinox in September, a card said, "Premium," for someone with a Premium Beverage Package.  (Presumably, a card said, "Classic," for someone with a CBP -- although we did not verify this.)

It's possible that all of the currently active ships have now stopped using "CALL" and "PALL," perhaps due to the fact that those terms were never descriptive enough ... but, again, we have not verified this.

Maybe they got caught doing false advertising because NO ONE could possibly know what C and P stand for!!!

🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

Since "we" (your words) don't really know I'll wait until either my wife and I are on our next cruise or someone else can positively say and not assume the change. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, jg51 said:

If you have not verified this, how can you say it is no longer true?  Not saying it is or is not, but without verifying....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

It looks like it was nothing but wishful thinking on my part when I thought to myself that this thread should just go away.   Oh well, nothing forcing me to continue to reading.  

Please re-read the last sentence until you have it memorized.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 2:41 PM, DenGNNJ said:

“Always Included” is a service mark.  Not everything is fresh at Subway, United Airlines personnel are sometimes bitchy, losers eat Wheaties too, and I’m 100% sure Skittles do not taste like a rainbow.

Wait, that's not what a rainbow tastes like? 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jg51 said:

On Equinox in September, a card said, "Premium," for someone with a Premium Beverage Package

I bought a soda package on board Reflection way back in 2019. They put a SODA sticker on it.

Maybe the Premium on the card was due to an on-board upgrade.

On 10/1/2021 at 11:07 AM, davekathy said:

... CALL will be printed on the Sea Pass card for CBP and PALL will be printed on the Sea Pass card for PBP. 

3 hours ago, jg51 said:

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Since "we" (your words) don't really know I'll wait until either my wife and I are on our next cruise or someone else can positively say and not assume the change. :classic_rolleyes:

You were very mistaken, Dave, to criticize our post.  You did not read it carefully enough.  Please re-read all three posts above, using special care when reading the words we have highlighted.   Then come back here and read the rest of this new post ...

As you can see, we didn't "assume" anything.  Quite the contrary!  We were very careful in how we expressed ourselves. 

We were not speculating about possibilities.  We were talking about a fact.  We do "really know" something: It is one of our Sea-Pass cards (from Equinox, September, 2021) that has "Premium" (not "PALL") on it ... and it is sitting right here beside this keyboard.

That is why we originally quoted your October 1 statement.  You mistakenly said that someone's card "will" have "PALL" or "CALL," if a Premium or Classic Beverage Package has been purchased.  We were simply letting you know that you can no longer make that unqualified statement to anyone. 

In other words, it does not matter what you or Kathy may encounter on your next cruises, because "Premium" is now being used on at least one "X" ship (and quite possibly all six active ones, because they may all be using the same card-printing software).

Let's call a truce!

20 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

I bought a soda package on board Reflection way back in 2019. They put a SODA sticker on it.

No, "mayleeman."  As just stated, the card belonged to one of us.  An "Always Included" [sic] cruise fare was purchased directly from Celebrity, over the phone, and the Classic package was immediately upgraded -- during the same phone call -- to the Premium package.  When that is done now, the Sea-Pass cards are printed -- at least on Equinox -- with the word, "Premium."  [The same thing was done on consecutive cruises, and both cruises' Sea-Pass cards have "Premium" on them.]

16 minutes ago, jg51 said:

You were very mistaken, Dave, to criticize our post.  You did not read it carefully enough.  Please re-read all three posts above, using special care when reading the words we have highlighted.   Then come back here and read the rest of this new post ...

As you can see, we didn't "assume" anything.  Quite the contrary!  We were very careful in how we expressed ourselves. 

We were not speculating about possibilities.  We were talking about a fact.  We do "really know" something: It is one of our Sea-Pass cards (from Equinox, September, 2021) that has "Premium" (not "PALL") on it ... and it is sitting right here beside this keyboard.

That is why we originally quoted your October 1 statement.  You mistakenly said that someone's card "will" have "PALL" or "CALL," if a Premium or Classic Beverage Package has been purchased.  We were simply letting you know that you can no longer make that unqualified statement to anyone. 

In other words, it does not matter what you or Kathy may encounter on your next cruises, because "Premium" is now being used on at least one "X" ship (and quite possibly all six active ones, because they may all be using the same card-printing software).

Let's call a truce!

To be clear, I wasn't criticizing your post. No harm intended. Since you can only speak for your September cruise on the Equinox and not fleetwide is why I said what I did. You have been the only recent cruiser to post differently on the call out for the BPs. Good to know.

You're correct (as I haven't cruised this year) as my statement was based only on our pre AI cruises. Your recent cruise trumps that post/statement and if it's now fleetwide, good to know. Really not that big of a deal anyway.  You are using a lot of filler words that I question what really is fleetwide.  Hopefully other recent cruises that have been on other ships can chime in. Bottom line, I really don't care what they call it on the our Sea Pass cards as long as it's correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, mayleeman said:

On Silhouette in August and September they never scanned the cards let alone checked them. Orders are written on paper you called out your cabin number and that was it. Presumably if you ordered something above classic they might have checked but never saw it happen.

8 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Tbh the last 2 cruise 2019 so yeah not current my cards all wore off the front name and what was printed on them. I guess I used them to much. Still worked perfectly fine being scanned

I know that 'rub' very well... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, the penguins said:

On Silhouette in August and September they never scanned the cards let alone checked them. Orders are written on paper you called out your cabin number and that was it. Presumably if you ordered something above classic they might have checked but never saw it happen.

sorry, pressed send to quick. Card marked "BEV PACKAGE" and underneath that " Classic " in full.

Captains Club status and Blue Chip Status still shown at the top. Because of the extra data on the card if you have your card punched for a lanyard there is now very little space for the slot - you won't be able to use a clip but a ring (like for keys) works great.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'm tapping out. 

Dave, before you “go”… we sailed on the Edge this summer and our Seapass cards only had the word Premium printed on them on the bottom left hand corner.

I've never paid attention to what exactly was printed on the cards before, except that our names and stateroom number was correct.  Apparently X has changed their terms again. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

On our last X cruise, our Sea Pass cards read, "Good Only On" Caribbean Princess, MSC Meraviglia, RCCL Harmony Of The Seas, Holland America Nieuw Statendam, Ziggy's Shrimp Boat and a Tramp Steamer out of New Delhi. But you know what, I could get on and off the ship, get in to my cabin, have a Belvedere Martini, shake hands with the Captain, eat, drink and be merry, and, retreat to the Retreat. Well, maybe not the last one. But I tried. Point is, for all the important stuff, it worked. Now, ain't that just dandy? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Dave, before you “go”… we sailed on the Edge this summer and our Seapass cards only had the word Premium printed on them on the bottom left hand corner.

I've never paid attention to what exactly was printed on the cards before, except that our names and stateroom number was correct.  Apparently X has changed their terms again. 😉

Thank you for the update.