Testing question for those that have sailed already

I know there are a lots of threads on testing, but I don’t remember seeing any that answered this question.

We were tested today at a local family medical facility. (Yeah, negative results, phew!).   We received paperwork on the medical facility letterhead.  It has our names, dob, test date/time and persons that took the test and documented the test hand written.   The test results themselves (with all the misc details of the results from the computer) re also on the form.   I know Royal says no handwritten doctors notes.    Is this how you’re results come from CVS, Walgreens, etc..?   Would this be acceptable?  We got the email from the facility too, , but it’s just the same thing in an attachments.  Of course the email shows it’s from the medical office.

Has anyone boarded with official special test results but your details hand written on the form?

are we good with this?   

thanx

Erika

We did ours at CVS as well... and we had the My Chart confirmation. 

Have you tried to msg RC on FB? They seem to be more accurate than the phone reps

Ugh our cruises are so close in Feb. Wish I would have known before I booked ours 😕 

Edited by LilBlackDress

3 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

Have you tried to msg RC on FB? They seem to be more accurate than the phone reps

Ugh our cruises are so close in Feb. Wish I would have known before I booked ours 😕 

Thank you.  You doing Grandeur too?   Would have been nice to cruise together again.

Erika

55 minutes ago, jacobtsf said:

They are used to seeing all sorts of documents at this point. 

I would print the results and then highlight your name and the word NEGATIVE. That will expedite the procedure. 

I agree with this but would still contact Royal ahead of time to confirm.  It seems very easy to be able to forge test results at this point.  So long as they see your name, test date, and negative result, you should be good.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dsvd79 said:

I got my result in CVS in the Mychart App.  I just showed them the result from there.  I also took a screenshot of the result and had it in my photos on my phone.

Do you have to put the CVS Mychart App on your phone before you get tested or does CVS send you a link after you are tested?  Do they send you an email also?

5 minutes ago, breezer said:

Do you have to put the CVS Mychart App on your phone before you get tested or does CVS send you a link after you are tested?  Do they send you an email also?

I never signed up for the MyChart. I received a link via text message. When I opened the link there were my results and I just printed them. You don’t even need to sign up for My Chart. 

15 hours ago, birdylady said:

I know there are a lots of threads on testing, but I don’t remember seeing any that answered this question.

We were tested today at a local family medical facility. (Yeah, negative results, phew!).   We received paperwork on the medical facility letterhead.  It has our names, dob, test date/time and persons that took the test and documented the test hand written.   The test results themselves (with all the misc details of the results from the computer) re also on the form.   I know Royal says no handwritten doctors notes.    Is this how you’re results come from CVS, Walgreens, etc..?   Would this be acceptable?  We got the email from the facility too, , but it’s just the same thing in an attachments.  Of course the email shows it’s from the medical office.

Has anyone boarded with official special test results but your details hand written on the form?

are we good with this?   

thanx

Erika

We printed out our results from CVS testing.  At the check-in,  they are most interested in looking at the word "Negative".   One person she overlooked could not find that word,  I have to pointed it out to her.   Make sure your test clearly shows the results.

Just off Freedom yesterday.

They looked for result's that have the following:

NAME

D/O/B

TYPE OF TEST

DATE OF TEST

RESULT 

Definitely do not take anything hand written, as it clearly states on their page not to do so.

I would ask your Family Doctor to print out results from your Medical Record , so you have an "official" copy.

We had all documentation, they seemed most interested in the actual Vaccination Card, and not the actual paper/electronic result which I found odd since cards are so easily forged. And on the Covid test the word "NEGATIVE"

Here’s what happened to us 2 weeks ago boarding the Freedom of the Seas:

I am a primary care physician. I had a typed form on our office letterhead stating our name and that our rapid antigen test was negative 2 days prior. It was signed by one of my colleagues. Our rapid tests are read in our office by a desktop machine that does not print anything out. RC would not accept our typed letter. We had to go across the street in the port , where they do tests OUT OF A VAN, and pay $100 each for another test.  But since it was printed with a “lab’s name” on it, it was accepted.  Their wording on their website is somewhat ambiguous. Best wishes. 

2 minutes ago, DOC1 said:

I am a primary care physician. I had a typed form on our office letterhead stating our name and that our rapid antigen test was negative 2 days prior. It was signed by one of my colleagues. Our rapid tests are read in our office by a desktop machine that does not print anything out. RC would not accept our typed letter. We had to go across the street in the port , where they do tests OUT OF A VAN, and pay $100 each for another test.  But since it was printed with a “lab’s name” on it, it was accepted.  Their wording on their website is somewhat ambiguous. Best wishes. 

I had a copy of the result I took a screen shot of. The check in girl asked to see the live link to my test. 

She settled for the copy .. but it's not as black and white as people say sometimes. I handed her my phone to figure it out. She was like its android she does apple is why she accepted it. I dont know how to bring up the live link in terminal.,I'm non tech.

2 hours ago, DOC1 said:

This is very helpful. The document does have official printed test results with test details (cassette number, patient number, date/time, etc.).  It looks like a sticker that they scanned onto the form and wrote our info on the form.  

One question, when you went across to the other test, was there a long line? Long wait? 

Erika

Just for absolute clarification for CVS results.

You will get a text with the results without having the CVS app?

Can you have multiple tests sent to the same phone?

Can you also get an e-mail?

Can you wait to get a hard copy from the testing site?

Thanks ....

24 minutes ago, Empehi said:

Just for absolute clarification for CVS results.

You will get a text with the results without having the CVS app?

Can you have multiple tests sent to the same phone?

Can you also get an e-mail?

Can you wait to get a hard copy from the testing site?

Thanks ....

When I did the rapid test at CVS, I got a text with a link to the results and I printed them from there. Only email I got was to sign up for the CVS portal, which I did not do. No, they did not give results right at the testing site. 

On 10/2/2021 at 3:31 AM, LilBlackDress said:

Bye, reached out to RC on FB.  She responded saying she’s checking with teammates.  That was yesterday afternoon.  Haven’t heard back yet from them.  😞

Erika

Whoop! Whoop!  We’re on the ship.  The folks outside that check when you first get in line before you can even enter the building (and show2 more times) said they see our type of info all the time.

yeah.

Erika

• Like 2

Anyone tested at MIA near baggage claim?  How was your experience?  I called the facility the other day and was told no appointment necessary. Open 24 hours. Rapid antigen $79/pp.

We're sailing next week on MSC Meraviglia. Thought it would be nice to fly in 2 days before we sail this time, but that was back when they were accepting 3 day testing. No rental car this time, so testing at the airport seems like the best option for us.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 7:16 PM, birdylady said:

A couple more questions.   At what point do you they ask for the test results?  When you walk in the door? When you check in?   Do they make copies or just eyeball and confirm?

thanx again

Erika

In the 3 cruises in the last 2 months they checked the COVID Test results first thing and it seams that also at that point they checked the Vaccine card.  In fact while we were lined up to go inside there was a person on two of the cruises that came through with a highlighter and checked highlighting certain data.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:16 PM, birdylady said:

A couple more questions.   At what point do you they ask for the test results?  When you walk in the door? When you check in?   Do they make copies or just eyeball and confirm?

thanx again

Erika

They looked at mine multiple times and went through it with a fine tooth comb from the beginning of the embarkation process. I went to an urgent care facility near me and the results were on letterhead with the facility's name, date, my name, and all my information, with the word NEGATIVE -- I think that's all they are looking for.