Getting the itch to book a cruise!

kdkstormy

We just returned from our last cruise at the beginning of 2020 before COVID-19 hit.  

Our 20th wedding anniversary is next year and I’m itching to book something.  Prices are reasonable compared to what we paid for a 10 day Caribbean we did last year.

For those who have cruised recently how is the experience?  I’ve been avoiding the boards to not get the itch sooner but  can’t stop myself anymore!

Do it!!! We just got back from the 9/30 Summit cruise. It was amazing. It felt so incredibly normal and safe. I was so sad to leave the ship but having another cruise booked in 3 months helps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kdkstormy said:

We just returned from our last cruise at the beginning of 2020 before COVID-19 hit.  

Our 20th wedding anniversary is next year and I’m itching to book something.  Prices are reasonable compared to what we paid for a 10 day Caribbean we did last year.

For those who have cruised recently how is the experience?  I’ve been avoiding the boards to not get the itch sooner but  can’t stop myself anymore!

I had the itch and it turned into a  scratch and the we booked.    We did the Equinox B2B and it was amazing.    Costs are much higher but that may change. 

If you are fully vaccinated and feel comfortable with or without a mask I would say go for it.  We had so much fun we booked another B2B coastal leaving next Monday.    I have a blog started if you want to follow along.   I'm open to all questions and suggestions.    Link in my Signature

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdkstormy said:

It would be really hard to explain just how much fun we had on our Edge B3B that left Ft Lauderdale on Aug 7th, so I’ve attached the link to the thread I used to record our experiences. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2794687-aug-7th-w-e-w-caribbean-edge-cruise-b3b/

• Like 2

At the moment ships are sailing with few passengers and are amazing.  The crew really is happy to see you back and becomes family.  By next year should be closer to normal and more ports should be back to accepting cruise ships.

Our 50th was supposed to be on a Panama cruise this year, and when that was cancelled a B2B Caribbean, which was also cancelled.  So we flew to Aruba and enjoyed a week there.  Aruba is handling testing very well and is a decent substitute for a cruise.  We have two cruises scheduled for later this year and five more for next year.  Prices are starting to rise, so book it!

• Like 1

We are recently off Silhouette (UK cruise). Fantastic!

It isn’t just the cruise that is the pleasure, it is the looking forward to and the planning so go ahead…the sooner you book the sooner you get to enjoy the looking forward to!

• Like 3

I felt the itch about two weeks ago when, due to a high priority project at work, I had to work through a scheduled week off. I scratched it, and I have a ten day cruise scheduled for late September of next year. 

• Like 1

Edge was amazing with approximately 850 passengers when we sailed last month.  Add the solo discount that we scored and I was in Heaven (separate SVs for two overpackers!!!).  We booked just about 6-7 weeks out and had an amazing time.  Can't lie...the anticipation of taking my first covid test the day before flying to Ft. Lauderdale was extreme, but it was worth it to set foot on this beautiful ship...which coincidentally was the last cruise I took pre-covid.  The crew was fantastic; the ship was immaculate!  There was just a feeling of elation all over the ship.

Now I'm counting down to Equinox in January!

• Like 1

We left the Millennium on October 1st after spending 14 nights onboard.  With the incredibly low passenger numbers (648 on our first leg and about 770 on the second) the service was, as already noted, incredible.  We were in a suite and the suites are generally fully booked, so Luminae seemed normal.  But absolutely no waiting for a table at Cafe al Bacio.

With a fully vaccinated crew, passengers over the age of 12 fully vaccinated, crew being tested weekly and passengers over the age of 2 having to present negative test results we felt very safe.  

The crew attitude, as already noted, is incredible.  They are so happy to be back at work.  We didn't ask but several voluntarily told us about their experiences during the global suspension.  Some were able to find jobs, but those jobs didn't pay as much as they make on the ship.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kdkstormy said:

Well the deposit is in.  Eastern Caribbean out of Miami - Sail November 7th, 2022.    Now something to plan for.......  hopefully 🙂 

Congratulations.  We will see how long the itch subsides.

We sailed Millennium in September to Alaska. We only had about 600+ passengers, so the service was the best ever and everybody was ecstatic to be back onboard. It felt very safe. Was nervous a time or two, but we had no issues.

Book it and enjoy! We have 3 more planned in the next 11 months. Can’t wait!