Blue Dining

atabs12

First time Celebrity cruiser here. Sorry if this is a silly question We are in Aquaclass. When I look at my reservation confirmation it shows Celebrity Select Dining. Is this something I need to call Celebrity for? Should it show Blue Dining or is Select Dining okay?

Thanks for your help

Nothing needs to be done.    You can go to dinner at any time.    They dynamics of each cruise is different and if everyone decides to dine at the same time there will waiting involved.    This is very unusual but on one cruise the Restaurant Manager told me 95% of the Aqua passengers were outside the restaurant when it opened.    He said that had never happened before. 

That will be fine, I Am sure, YET the more pressing inquiry from is, make sure you have your Aqua Cabin and all else will fall into place surrounding it...

Otherwise, not to worry.

bon appetit and bon voyage

15 minutes ago, conodor said:

What if you are with another couple that didn't get aquaclass.  Can you bring a "guest" for lunch?

I know it was answered no to you but for others, on my cruise late August a woman traveling solo was able to take another solo guest to dinner 3 nights during the cruise. Maybe it was because of the low capacity or that there would be an empty chair, but something for a solo cruiser to ask about if so inclined 

• Thanks 1

Blu is not open for lunch, breakfast and dinner only.  Occasionally someone sailing solo has been allowed to bring a guest,  not on a regular basis to my knowledge.   Blu is for Aqua guests:  and guests sailing in Suites can dine in Blu on a space available basis.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, conodor said:

What if you are with another couple that didn't get aquaclass.  Can you bring a "guest" for lunch?

Unfortunately Blu doesn't allowyou to bring a guest unless they are in either a Suite or Aqua.  

One other thing you may not know.    Blu is not open for Lunch.    

Thanks all.  My first run at Aqua class is in 2 weeks.  I usually use concierge class and just get the Persian garden added.  I  wanted to change things up. then decide what I liked better.  So i've never been to the Blu.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kelib said:

I know it was answered no to you but for others, on my cruise late August a woman traveling solo was able to take another solo guest to dinner 3 nights during the cruise. Maybe it was because of the low capacity or that there would be an empty chair, but something for a solo cruiser to ask about if so inclined 

That other person may have been in a suite.  They may have been alternating venues.   The AQ  could  also pbe a guest of the other passenger  in Luminae by paying the surcharge.   Could be a arrangement resulting in friends with benefits.  🥰😍

Have sailed in AQ many times and am very happy that they are very strict about non AQ dining there.   There are no exceptions except if in a suite then they can dine there on availability.

If they didn’t enforce this many families would be bringing non AQ family members into Blu getting the benefit without paying for it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

9 hours ago, atabs12 said:

First time Celebrity cruiser here. Sorry if this is a silly question We are in Aquaclass. When I look at my reservation confirmation it shows Celebrity Select Dining. Is this something I need to call Celebrity for? Should it show Blue Dining or is Select Dining okay?

Thanks for your help

Every time we've been in Aqua our reservation shows Select Dining which I think they use as a default selection.  On the first day you will have a card in your cabin showing a suggested time to eat in Blu but you do not have to go at that time. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miched said:

That other person may have been in a suite.  They may have been alternating venues.   The AQ  could  also pbe a guest of the other passenger  in Luminae by paying the surcharge.   Could be a arrangement resulting in friends with benefits.  🥰😍

Have sailed in AQ many times and am very happy that they are very strict about non AQ dining there.   There are no exceptions except if in a suite then they can dine there on availability.

If they didn’t enforce this many families would be bringing non AQ family members into Blu getting the benefit without paying for it.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

None of the above, she was in an IV room on the 8th floor and they had just met. We were a bunch of solo travelers who connected on the Roll Call and met for drinks prior to our dinner plans. 
Maybe had to do with the reduced capacity or again traveling solo ( let’s be honest, when traveling solo we are paying for more than one person)  

So, yes…there was at least one exception. 

3 minutes ago, kelib said:

None of the above, she was in an IV room on the 8th floor and they had just met. We were a bunch of solo travelers who connected on the Roll Call and met for drinks prior to our dinner plans. 
Maybe had to do with the reduced capacity or again traveling solo ( let’s be honest, when traveling solo we are paying for more than one person)  

So, yes…there was at least one exception. 

I suspect this was related to reduced capacity, or maybe a particularly accommodating maitre d.  We sailed with our then 85 year old aunt sailing solo in a non-AQ cabin.  We asked if she could join us and got a resounding “no”.  I think in so called normal times it would not be allowed, and frankly shouldn’t be.  We pay often quite a bit more for AQ, specifically for the Blu access, and would not be happy if they kept allowing others in who did not pay for the privilege.

I always travel with my husband but on a B2B2B series in 2019 I became aware of what is termed a "one plus" policy in Blu.  The ship was booked at high capacity, but a single passenger in AQ was allowed to bring one other passenger into Blu as her guest.  I thought it was fair as that single passenger was paying the single supplement and Aqua staterooms are designed for two people.  It wasn't a pair asking if a single other cruiser could join their table, but a single person in AQ who was allowed to bring one additional person as her guest in Blu.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I always travel with my husband but on a B2B2B series in 2019 I became aware of what is termed a "one plus" policy in Blu.  The ship was booked at high capacity, but a single passenger in AQ was allowed to bring one other passenger into Blu as her guest.  I thought it was fair as that single passenger was paying the single supplement and Aqua staterooms are designed for two people.  It wasn't a pair asking if a single other cruiser could join their table, but a single person in AQ who was allowed to bring one additional person as her guest in Blu.

Sounds fair, most likely he/she are paying for 2.

Not a fan of blu or the other AQ perks.  When we did AQ on both the S and M class ships, you had to line up for a table at Blu.  It was first come, first serve.  While it is a smaller restaurant, not a banquet hall, the tables for two were so close, barely any room between the tables.  

If we didn't take a suite, and have access to luminae, we preferred a well located balcony cabin, midship, cabins above and below, and took an unlimited sp dining package.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1