Our medallions arrived today, and of course they are the wrong color. I expected no less.

CineGraphic

• 3 months later...
31 minutes ago, GWBigdog said:

Our Medallion Class, Medallions arrived they are blue not gold. I sent an email to my PCP>

PCP can't do anything about incorrect color Medallion.  Take it to the Purser's Desk and they will slap on a sticker.  Functionality won't change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Is this really an issue as long as they work?  I don't care what color they are.

Of course it is - I want people to know our status as New to Princess and everyone pays attention to the medallion color of everyone else onboard... Newbies get GOLD right.🤣

14 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Without a black medallion, how else is one suppose to look down upon the lowly non-elites with the derision and condescension that they deserve?

Spot on! I am platinum and could care less what color my medallion is as long as it is functional. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Of course it is - I want people to know our status as New to Princess and everyone pays attention to the medallion color of everyone else onboard... Newbies get GOLD right.🤣

We would really like to collect one of each the colors. How do I get them to give me one of the lower classes?

• Haha 1

We are platinum.

The first medallions we received were black but I just assumed they were a very dark gray.

The next medallions we received were clearly light gray and I realized the mistake that was made on the prior cruise.

I just wish I would have known so I could have waved my pretend high status around and demand the  respect along with the required fawning and groveling....🤦‍♀️

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

We would really like to collect one of each the colors. How do I get them to give me one of the lower classes?

Since Guest Services seems to have stickers to make corrections, that would be the first place I'd ask.

On a day when they're not too busy, tell them you need a few colors to complete your collection.

The worst thing that can happen is they say, "no".

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 5:12 PM, Tedferg said:

Someone did this and in fact made some inserts for others - sorry I don't recall the thread. Our cruise is so far out it was not important to me.

Unfortunately, the template was for the "old style" plastic holder (seen in post #28). Unless, there's a new template that I missed. 

On 10/26/2021 at 8:22 AM, TNTLAMB said:

I have been shoved out of the way by a demanding elite a time or two though.  

Not so funny story...I was standing in the Elite/Suite line (along with 3 other people) and one of those entitled Elites went to the front of the line. I said, "please go to the back of the line". His response was "I'm Elite!". I said, "so are we". He ignored me.

Now, THAT's entitled.

• Haha 4

We are elite but received one ruby and one platinum in the mail for our Christmas cruise. They were promptly changed to black as soon as we boarded and went to guest services. Took about 5 minutes. Not sure if they just changed the stickers but they looked to be OEM to us 😁

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Not so funny story...I was standing in the Elite/Suite line (along with 3 other people) and one of those entitled Elites went to the front of the line. I said, "please go to the back of the line". His response was "I'm Elite!". I said, "so are we". He ignored me.

Now, THAT's entitled.

My favorite entitled Elite story was during a formal night. We were doing ATD and were seated with three other couples, two of the men and I had ties and jackets, the third a dress shirt no tie. We were greeting each other and when I turned to say hello to the gent in the dress shirt he flashed his black card at me with a dismissive wave of his hand. Sorry to disturb you, your Elite Majesty!

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Unfortunately, the template was for the "old style" plastic holder (seen in post #28). Unless, there's a new template that I missed. 

There is but you have to order a premium insert and lanyard ($7) to get one

Screenshot_20220222-074414_MedallionClass.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Since Guest Services seems to have stickers to make corrections, that would be the first place I'd ask.

On a day when they're not too busy, tell them you need a few colors to complete your collection.

The worst thing that can happen is they say, "no".

I wouldn't even ask them for something like that. They've got enough to do as it is without bothering with making a medallion sticker for a collection.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Ebay?

The only problem with that is it will have someone else's name on it.

No thanks.

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

My favorite entitled Elite story was during a formal night. We were doing ATD and were seated with three other couples, two of the men and I had ties and jackets, the third a dress shirt no tie. We were greeting each other and when I turned to say hello to the gent in the dress shirt he flashed his black card at me with a dismissive wave of his hand. Sorry to disturb you, your Elite Majesty!

My favorite elite story:

2019 I was in the piazza in a private conversation and someone chipped in. Just knew how EVERYTHING worked. I do mean everything. Then bragged that they'd been on 20 cruises. I just nodded. "Oh that's nice." Ex-pert = sped up drip. 

I now have 4 colors: blue, red, gold, black. Gray is next. Got the stickers applied at PSD. Get the final color, white, in August 💥

Not changing color on reel.

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I also would like one of each color.  I think I have 5 black medallions.  I have one of the pretty silver bracelets and I would like to wear those as accessories when I am not cruising. I asked at the front desk but they would not let me purchase one.

• Thanks 1

maybe y'all that want the different colors of OMs can petition Princess and renounce your Captain's Circle Status and associated "benefits" - then on your next cruise you could get the 'blue OM' and continue up the ladder again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

maybe y'all that want the different colors of OMs can petition Princess and renounce your Captain's Circle Status and associated "benefits" - then on your next cruise you could get the 'blue OM' and continue up the ladder again.

I sent them an email asking if we could purchase medallions with various artwork.  

We received our Medallions a week or so ago for an upcoming cruise.  We received blue sea witch color, should have been platinum color, but we not only received one order of medallions we received 2 orders for the same cruise and both orders had the wrong color.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, EMS8 said:

We received our Medallions a week or so ago for an upcoming cruise.  We received blue sea witch color, should have been platinum color, but we not only received one order of medallions we received 2 orders for the same cruise and both orders had the wrong color.  

Now that’s a huge waste of money, isn’t it?