Our medallions arrived today, and of course they are the wrong color. I expected no less.

CineGraphic

I've read here that this has been quite common lately. I keep my medallion in one of my pockets anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

It's just a shame that they have so much trouble getting simple things right pre-cruise.

Thankfully, the service on board seems to more than make up for the pre-cruise screw-ups.

• Like 2

Are you saying that I am NOT the only one things happen to?

Thank you so very much.  I am trying to do yoga breaths to get me through the next few days.  Princess keeps changing my data on my app (and not for the good).  What was good yesterday is invalid today.

This all sounds like an Albert King blues song, If it weren't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all.

But the creator of this mess did actually have good luck; he got promoted to be the head of Princess.🤦‍♂️

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Are you saying that I am NOT the only one things happen to?

Thank you so very much.  I am trying to do yoga breaths to get me through the next few days.  Princess keeps changing my data on my app (and not for the good).  What was good yesterday is invalid today.

They changed data on my App during the night prior to check in and changed it from green to blue meaning it took longer to actually check in and then kept changing reserved dining times in restaurant during the whole cruise on a UK Seacation on Regal in August.

We were given the wrong color in August but in our case we were promoted from blue to gold.  Wondering if we'll be Ruby when we board in December for our 3rd cruise.  I'm sure they'll be happy to give you a new one at the pier,  but you'll definitely have some interesting stories to tell by the time this all gets worked out.

We were given blue and we are platinum.  Noticed others with the correct color so not sure what happened.  Also ours came in a slim little box and I saw others post when they got theirs recently it was the big box with the fold out pic all the pomp and circumstance...we  don't keep the box so I was ok with that but wish it showed the loyalty color as I requested. 

3 minutes ago, birdiebill said:

If you have the wrong color, visit the Captains Circle office once onboard, and he or she can put the correct color sticker over your wrong color.  We went from platinum to elite on a back to back and had to do that.

At a time when only a few ships are sailing, and with significantly reduced capacities ... you'd think they could issue the medallions correctly from the get go.

Your situation was unique ... but I marvel at a sticker.  The possibilities are endless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, birdiebill said:

If you have the wrong color, visit the Captains Circle office once onboard, and he or she can put the correct color sticker over your wrong color.  We went from platinum to elite on a back to back and had to do that.

Soooo, Stickers... I'm thinking that if I get the wrong color, I will choose my own. International orange anyone? Tie die? This could be lots of fun. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, birdiebill said:

It;s a little sad ... that this is such a common problem that they have a solution like that all ready.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:21 PM, birdiebill said:

Why??? The crew knows your status without looking at your medallion 

• Like 2

It sounds as if they had made a buttload of Medallions in various colors and then got stuck with the due to the virus. Stickers would be a cheap "fix" - although I don't consider it a good fix.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:21 PM, birdiebill said:

I'm waiting for someone to post a template, so I can print my own loyalty level.

Or, match my outfit.

In the old days, you used to be able to jump the tender line with a black card.

But, more recently, they seemed to ask for tender tickets.

The only place I think card color might help is the suite/elite happy hour,

which is hardly worth bothering with, anyway...

Just now, Roberto256 said:

The only place I think card color might help is the suite/elite happy hour,

which is hardly worth bothering with, anyway...

Cant get away with that now, as your loyalty level shows up, along with your name/photo on those ipads the staff use.

I got a notice on the app that I'll have to pick up my medallion at the port. My cruise is in six weeks. Princess shipped me my medallion for my last cruise in August, and I didn't book it until four weeks beforehand.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:03 PM, Ombud said:

Why??? The crew knows your status without looking at your medallion 

Some of port workers can’t access your Medallion and there go by color.  Boarding cards are handed out by the color you are wearing.  

On 10/22/2021 at 1:01 PM, CineGraphic said:

I've read here that this has been quite common lately. I keep my medallion in one of my pockets anyway, so it really doesn't matter.

It's just a shame that they have so much trouble getting simple things right pre-cruise.

Thankfully, the service on board seems to more than make up for the pre-cruise screw-ups.

Meh.  Just borrow an extra fine point Sharpie from the cruise staff and color around the Sea Witch. Keep 'em all guessing and make your own status that way.  😁

• Haha 1