Price Drop

Steve&Teri

Just rechecked the pricing on our July 2022 Alaska cruise that was lift and shifted from July 2020 . Called the TA  and  saved 800  and got extra OBC .  I call it a win.  So make sure your periodically checking pricing 

Edited by Steve&Teri
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Celebrity has been running a 20% discount for the past few weeks.  Lots of people called and saved hundreds and even thousands of dollars, myself included.  So glad you checked your fares, because the sale is over next month.  It certainly pays to check the website frequently.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Call Celebrity directly for  current pricing- if you use a TA call them.  We check our pricing a couple of times a week.

You call Celebrity a couple times a week to check the current prices for all your booked Celebrity cruises?

How often to find the price different than want you say see in line with a “mocked” booking?

I frequently  check my prices on line, but I never call until I find a lower price. .  I just can’t see me calling my TA, just to see if the price is different.   I am left wondering  if I miss anything.

2 hours ago, jfancy said:

I've been trying to subscribe to the price drop for our cruise but can't seem to find it.

Current online prices include the discount.  You do not subscribe to receive the discount.  What you see is what you pay.  Sale ends sometime in November.

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

Current online prices include the discount.  You do not subscribe to receive the discount.  What you see is what you pay.  Sale ends sometime in November.

Often!  I have saved hundreds of dollars on most cruises.  Sometimes in addition to the actual room/suite the add ons like shore X, specialty restaurants, etc goes down.  Pays to check!

• Like 1

Often!  I have saved hundreds of dollars on most cruises.  Sometimes in addition to the actual room/suite the add ons like shore X, specialty restaurants, etc goes down.  Pays to check!

I check everyday!  Do a mock booking….takes two minutes.

• Like 1

Just received this response from Celebrity:

Hi Ann Marie and Mark,

That lower rate is the “Loyalty” rate and does not include the perks (Beverage package / wifi and Gratuities) I did make sure you have the best rate with the perks.

11 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Any idea when in November? I'm sailing November 12th and was planning to book at the Future cruise desk. Otherwise I will book now.

I keep an eye on pricing online for our two upcoming cruises at least a couple of times a week. Our Alaska cruise is a big box TA group booking, so I'd be shocked if we find a cheaper price. Price for our Nov/22 cruise has only dropped about $30.

5 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Sale ends Nov 1st according to Celebrity website 

I'll call today  want to book the edge for January 30 and I'm on silly Nov 12th for 12 nights but I'd like the OBC for booking onboard.

Price just dropped over $ 1,000 pp on the EV for our upcoming Apex cruise (before final payment).  This was after a prior $ 1,000 pp drop a few weeks ago.

I've noticed that Celebrity has been aggressively reducing their upper suite prices.  Guess they'd rather sell them than make them available for moveup bids.

Called in to Celebrity and price decreased without any issues.

On 10/25/2021 at 5:36 AM, Cruise a holic said:

Call Celebrity directly for  current pricing- if you use a TA call them.  We check our pricing a couple of times a week.

Please tell me you are not literally constantly calling Celebrity?!  You can check prices online and call to have them modified if a better one is found.  It's hard enough to get through to them without advising people to be calling them all the time to just check prices!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Hickeyclan1 said:

Hi Ann Marie and Mark,

That lower rate is the “Loyalty” rate and does not include the perks (Beverage package / wifi and Gratuities) I did make sure you have the best rate with the perks.

This ^^^^

Called last week on a price drop and I would've lost perks to save $150. Buyer beware.

1 minute ago, phoenix_dream said:

Please tell me you are not literally constantly calling Celebrity?!  You can check prices online and call to have them modified if a better one is found.  It's hard enough to get through to them without advising people to be calling them all the time to just check prices!

I called Celebrity last night to make a legit change to one of my cruises.  Was on hold 20 mins, longest I have ever waited and I just put speaker on and went about my business until rep came on the line.  She was absolutely delightful and helpful.  I took the opportunity to ask about calls to CSR, as we all see so many saying they wait on hold for hours (insert eye roll) and she told that MOST of the calls they take are for issues that be done self serve on on-line if you have an existing cruise, i.e. stuff in cruise planner, is there a better price than I am paying now...I received a survey about my call this morning and gave the CSR HUGE high marks, I also asked her supervisors name and sent him a direct email as well, she was so patient, entire call lasted 12 mins and it was for something that is not able to be done self-serve.

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, Hickeyclan1 said:

Hi Ann Marie and Mark,

I did a mock booking I couldn't find a package that was exactly like ours so I used the one that was actually a little better called the TA she called Celebrity allowed us to switch packages so we actually got a lower rate all the same perks and a little extra OBC

On 10/22/2021 at 8:08 PM, Steve&Teri said:

Just rechecked the pricing on our July 2022 Alaska cruise that was lift and shifted from July 2020 . Called the TA  and  saved 800  and got extra OBC .  I call it a win.  So make sure your periodically checking pricing 

Well done. We managed to get £1000 off our April next year cruise, also as we accidentally booked our Dec 2022 cruise on Celeb’s USA site we also managed , so far, to get £300 off as they have a rolling price guarantee 

6 hours ago, fizzy1 said:

Well done. We managed to get £1000 off our April next year cruise, also as we accidentally booked our Dec 2022 cruise on Celeb’s USA site we also managed , so far, to get £300 off as they have a rolling price guarantee 

Are you using a UK agent for your April cruise? We have never had any success getting a price drop when booking here. We now use an agent in the US and get price drops and obc.