Sorrentos pizza

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Well even alcoholics will turn to cough syrup or Listerine to get their fix so I can't blame you.

Yup my mother would drink NyQuil, the sniffling sneezing coughing achy best rest medicine.  Sure, it was 25% alcohol!!!

Edited by poocher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife is a wonderful cook but if she makes something I do not like I do not eat it.

Same story my friend. My wife is an excellent cook, and she spends most of her time in the kitchen cooking, however, she likes to experiement. And I dont like that, and because of this, I dont often eat things she makes. Usually, I have to ask her to make me something specific

On 10/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, BND said:

It's a lot better than it was 5 or 6 years ago.  They made changes and it improved, but it's still not great pizza lol.  I can't remember ever seeing white pizza as that requires a different sauce/topping.

Agree, they changed everything including Sauce and Dough. MUCH better then was before then

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You said you liked pizza in NY ,but it is a big state .I have had awful pizza in Albany,NY

Reading comprehension.  Geez.  This is what I said " My DH is from NY and I have had fabulous pizza there."  Nowhere did I say all NY pizza is good.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 6:14 PM, Another_Critic said:

I just got off Oasis and IIRC I thought the pizza was better on my last Anthem cruise (October 2018).  I'll be on Anthem in December, so I will be able to compare it to my recent experience on Oasis.

I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about this.  I too was on Anthem in October of 2018 and thought the pizza was OK.  I'll be back on in March and am now curious as to what pizza awaits me - the good one or the bad one?  lol

2 hours ago, BND said:

Reading comprehension.  Geez.  This is what I said " My DH is from NY and I have had fabulous pizza there."  Nowhere did I say all NY pizza is good.

Obviously no person can possibly eat pizza in every pizza parlor in the state of NY .I grew up in Brooklyn and had great pizza there.

• 8 months later...
38 minutes ago, ohhliveeeeuh said:

Know this thread is a bit old so unsure if anyone will see this - but do you know if they have ever had or would be able to make a buffalo chicken pizza? It's a favorite in our family!

Chicken pizza is available, can't recall Buffalo

On 10/28/2021 at 10:03 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Obviously no person can possibly eat pizza in every pizza parlor in the state of NY .I grew up in Brooklyn and had great pizza there.

But you think Sorrento's is good🤣🤣

On 10/27/2021 at 9:35 AM, RhondaC said:

So far, the best pizza I've had on a ship was on the Carnival Valor.   I have seen Sorrentos offer a white pizza occasionally.  🙂

I LOVED the quattro formaggi on the Carnival Valor and ate so much of it.  It alone is almost enough to make me want to book a cruise on Valor again.  

On 10/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, poocher said:

Hi I’m Gail and I’m a pizzaholic.  Can’t think of any I’ve ever flat out turned down.  It’s a disease, don’t judge. 😄😄

Same!!  I will eat pizza anytime, anywhere!

On 10/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, HBE4 said:

I cant' remember the last time I had a bad slice of pizza.

It's nice to not be a picky eater. 😉

I am a VERY picky eater, except when it comes to pizza.  Give me a pizza from anywhere and I'm happy.  I'm even good with the $1.25 Totino's pizzas!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have yet to see a Sorrento’s that was not crowded at any time of the day or night .

I don't find them crowded on Oasis-class.

I commented in another thread that I had never seen one as busy as I did last week on Indy though.

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

I commented in another thread that I had never seen one as busy as I did last week on Indy though.

I never even went once on Indy

They do get packed when a show gets out. 

And they seem shocked and overwhelmed.

If I was the manager, I'd check cruise planner accordingly 

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I have been in Sorrentos where it was so crowded that there were no seats available.

8 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Other free venues are not mobbed all hours of the day and night.

Closest free eating place to most bars.

It's absolutey horrible compared to a land based venue. And you haven't even had it since they improved the quality a bit, as memory serves me. 

I'm estatic when its just mediocre

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Closest free eating place to most bars.

It's absolutey horrible compared to a land based venue. And you haven't even had it since they improved the quality a bit, as memory serves me. 

I'm estatic when its just mediocre

I have not been in a Sorrentos since Dec.2019