Wonderland

Goofyisme

Have been looking at Wonderland for our upcoming cruise and trying to figure out how the meal works there.  Do you get one item from each category or choose individual items across the entire menu?

What dishes do you recommend or suggest be avoided?  We are both open to lots of different foods but just trying to figure out what kind of experience this will be.

Thanks in advance.

Just tell the server what you don’t like or any dietary restrictions and let them surprise you with a variety of items.  It generally works best this way. I tried to figure out the menu ahead of time, but it’s deliberately difficult I think!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

Have been looking at Wonderland for our upcoming cruise and trying to figure out how the meal works there.  Do you get one item from each category or choose individual items across the entire menu?

What dishes do you recommend or suggest be avoided?  We are both open to lots of different foods but just trying to figure out what kind of experience this will be.

Thanks in advance.

The waiters have a standard menu the push. We ignore them

and try different things each time we go. 

You have to have the dessert (The World....it will blow your mind!) You can order anything you like but they like to kind of tell you a story with the food. We just let our server bring us what she wanted. 

We loved it, really enjoyed the journey. Not every dish was amazing but the majority were. It took us about 2 hours to eat...they do not rush the experience. It was fun.

It's something we would do like once a year...not more. 

Edited by robandana
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Service was outstanding...food was delicious...unique and interesting blend of ingredients...a story behind each dish...it's a wonderful production......but it cost me $1,170.78

Hope there were dozens of people in your party 

We've eaten at Wonderland 2x on Harmony and 2x on Symphony...
Let them guide you... it adds to the experience. If there is something you want to try, ask. 

Edited by LilBlackDress

If you order something and they try to steer you away from it, listen to them. We had a large party and one person really wanted to try one item, the server said she would recommend something else, the person said its ok I would like to try it. No one liked it.  Don't remember what it was. 

Edited by jonj

6 hours ago, JCDCA said:

Hope there were dozens of people in your party 

Nope, just my wife and I.

I started having chest pains...counted 7 short episodes and scared me.  I'm an old triathlete so I knew it wasn't normal. Instead of making a scene, we excused ourselves and quietly went down to the medical unit.

4 hours later (various test, IV, medication), the wonderful doctor said "Your esophagus was swollen...painful to swallow...what did you eat?"

I said "I am not sure, we were eating at Wonderland"  The doctor smiled and said "You are not the first, it wasn't a heart attack...could be something you ate, just have your personal doctor do some test". We got the medical bill the next day. 😇

12 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

Thanks in advance.

We have been to Wonderland a couple of times and love it - I would recommend you find a group to go with (maybe from your roll call). I say that as you will get everything - but up front with what you do not like - and they will adjust everything to accommodate.  I do not eat tomatoes, instead of the salad in a test tube they brought me something else. We are planning on going again in Jan and again with about 8 people. It is a really nice experience.

• Like 1

There are some good videos on YouTube Just search for Wonderland restaurant Royal Caribbean. There is one with "full experience" in the title that is excellent. You will see the food and also hear the diners describing.

5 minutes ago, dahirsh said:

anyone ever ask for a second serving of something they enjoyed?

Yep. It was time for desert and the waitress asked what we wanted, I asked for another portion of the Berkshire Pork belly. She brought out the chocolate world thing, an filled  apple that is cut in half and a separate plate of Berkshire pork belly.  braised bacon Pork belly app from Chops is great, Porkbelly from Wonderland was awesome. 

image.thumb.png.7b6949ade13d70ea0831d6cada404462.png

21 hours ago, Goofyisme said:

What dishes do you recommend or suggest be avoided? 

I wish I could answer, but I have no idea what my appetizers were.  I know they were good though.  I seem to remember an egg and a shrimp.  There must have been something in that blue pill I chose. 😉

For the main course, I remember getting halibut in a bag.  I thought it was really good.  My wife had the short rib (I think it was short rib) and I'd say it was just ok.  

13 hours ago, Bette And Bill said:

We have been to Wonderland a couple of times and love it - I would recommend you find a group to go with (maybe from your roll call). I say that as you will get everything - but up front with what you do not like - and they will adjust everything to accommodate.  I do not eat tomatoes, instead of the salad in a test tube they brought me something else. We are planning on going again in Jan and again with about 8 people. It is a really nice experience.

I disagree with going in a group for the first time... Maybe it is better in a large group, but we went in a group of 4. It was my DH, Stepson (27) and the mother of his child and myself. They asked any diet restrictions, that month she was GF and no read meat and allergic to shellfish. They entire night was designed to fit her needs... It was good, but there was so much we missed out on. 
We had a 3 night package and my DH said lets go again. I was so indifferent. I had been looking forward to eating there for over 2 years and I had felt let down, 

When we went the 2nd time, they asked the same thing but also asked what we had, what we liked and didn't like... 

So much better!! 
If I ever go in a group and not happy with what is offered I will speak up vs sitting quiet 😄 

6 hours ago, JCDCA said:

The problem I have with Wonderland is that on multiple visits the exact same items were brought out when deferring to the waitstaff.  I think if I go again I’ll try to just order directly from the menu.  

Like I said above we told them what we had the first time, what we liked and didn't like and it was completely different experience. 

Harmony and Symphony have the same menus but some of the dishes were made differently!!  

Tried Wonderland on Anthem.  The presentation and atmosphere is top notch, fun and whimsical, but the taste is B+ at best, good but not great.

Probably won’t do it again now that the novelty factor is gone, but if you haven’t done it then give it a try.

• Like 1