"ALWAYS INCLUDED" PERHAPS CELEBRITY SHOULD RETHINK THIS ONE

Spif Barwunkel

9 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's not really a discrepancy.  By adding your CC # they are showing you the lowest fare which happens to include the Loyalty NRD promo.   This promo is scheduled to end Nov 1.

But the 20% discount was applied to both, with or without the CC number being included. The only thing missing was the AI perks, but I may have missed something. Plus we personally would want the AI perks, so being excluded when we added our CC number wasn’t a good thing for us. But, then, we booked our latest cruise past the FP date through our CVP, so she was able to add them even though we didn’t see them when I did a fake booking with my CC number and military box checked. 

But in any event like you mentioned, the promo ends Nov 1. 😎

2 hours ago, molemaui said:

What  you describe is what I believe the problem to be.  I tried a booking without giving my CC # and got an all included price. I then tried it again entering my CC# and the cruise was priced $1050 less but with no perks. Add streaming internet for 2, premium drink package, gratuities and $300@ on board credit, my price for using my CC # is far higher. Either a mistake or deception. Does not make sense for a CC member to pay more for a all inclusive cruise than someone who is not a member or simply doesn't use their number when booking. 

Going to call and see if I can get this sorted out. 

No, it does not.

Is this still being debated?

By now, I would think those who are confused about AI, Cruise Only, Guarantee rates have been thoroughly explained.  I never thought it was that difficult to understand to begin with.

So, where's the misunderstanding?

I'll have to do a fantom booking and see what's still confusing.

Someone did mention Carnival.  Some pretty good deals there.  This is for a 7-day, December 4 2021 on one of their new ships sailing out of LA (Panorama) on one of their best cabins (Havana).

No drinks, internet, tips, etc included.  But, some nice OBC.

TGO offers
Plan Now Sail Later - Funtastic Rates (OV7)
What You Get
  • redCheckMark.ashx
    Exclusive Offer - Plan Now Sail Later
  • redCheckMark.ashx
    $500 per room to spend on board
  • redCheckMark.ashx
    Reserve your cruise with a non-refundable deposit of $99 per person
  • redCheckMark.ashx
    Offer ends January 3, 2022
The Fine PrintOffer Code: OV7
Terms and Conditions

$2,188.00
Taxes, fees & port expenses:more-info-icon.ashx
$121.86
Room Total:$2,309.86
Edited by graphicguy

Congratulations Celebrity,   I updated my cruise search yesterday comparing TA cruises from Europe to Florida for Fall 2022.   I found that X has opened the door wider to booking WITHOUT AI.

The catch is that we have to book a guarantee.  We can do that if the prices are descent.

Reflection-  Oct 31 Barcelona to FL  total for balcony guarantee  $3,969.48 

Constellation Oct 22, Rome to Tampa total for balcony guarantee $3,261.46

THEN, I compared to Royal C.

Vision of the Seas  Nov 4  Bar. to FLA.   Balcony $3,243.00

Odyssey- Rome to FLA    Balcony guarantee $ 2,721.42

Glad that Celebrity is now more competitive. 

10 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Congratulations Celebrity,   I updated my cruise search yesterday comparing TA cruises from Europe to Florida for Fall 2022.   I found that X has opened the door wider to booking WITHOUT AI.

The catch is that we have to book a guarantee.  We can do that if the prices are descent.  

That option was available a couple weeks ago when I booked our TA.  Two choices for a veranda booking.  One was AI, the other was Cruise Only with a Guarantee Veranda.  I went for the AI since I wanted a certain cabin.  Doing the Connie next October.

5 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

perhaps not the bargain it seems.

Just made a dummy booking  on the Refection sailing taking advantage of the latest 50% off the second person deal;

Guarantee price including tips and Taxes: $3857.48

Cabin 7161 with AI $4504.48

Saving: $647 = $323.50 per person = $24.88 per person per day to cover all drinks and internet.

Yes it's a saving but to get it you have given up the right to choose your cabin.

Would work for us if we accepted a guarantee (which we won't for mobility reasons) as our Elite+ benefits would cover our lattes, juices, water and internet - we don't drink alcohol - but might be difficult for others.

4 minutes ago, the penguins said:

perhaps not the bargain it seems.

Just made a dummy booking  on the Refection sailing taking advantage of the latest 50% off the second person deal;

Guarantee price including tips and Taxes: $3857.48

Cabin 7161 with AI $4504.48

Saving: $647 = $323.50 per person = $24.88 per person per day to cover all drinks and internet.

Yes it's a saving but to get it you have given up the right to choose your cabin.

Would work for us if we accepted a guarantee (which we won't for mobility reasons) as our Elite+ benefits would cover our lattes, juices, water and internet - we don't drink alcohol - but might be difficult for others.

$24.88 plus gratuities is a long way from the $100 a day per person you keep stated is the amount that Celebrity adds to the cruise fare for the AI change.  

You do realize that the Elite Happy hour is not available on embarkation day and the it is not intended for people to hoard drinks to enjoy later?

You may be surprised to know that most people would be very happy paying $24.88 a day per person to drink almost anything they wish at their convenience including the first day/night and to enjoy unlimited internet. And as you say for the same $24.88 you get you choice of cabin location.  
Great deal for most Celebrity cruisers, but I am sure Celebrity already knows that it is.  But clearly not for everyone. .  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Did you capture the regular lowest balcony cabin (with the one level upgrade) for the Reflection and Constellation cruises?  Just curious as to if is the $24.88 plus gratuities that is mentioned above.

On 10/27/2021 at 8:24 PM, Cg52 said:

We booked a cruise back in June before the 20% discount. When I run the cruise through now to get the 20% off the price, the price including the discount comes out the same as we paid and both options show the AI. 

It's a very typical cruise lines practice (and not only theirs).  They try to lure you with a promotion, and if you a new to the item you buy, you wouldn't know that they actually increased the price (before a promotion discount is applied), so people are happy thinking they saved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Did you capture the regular lowest balcony cabin (with the one level upgrade) for the Reflection and Constellation cruises?  Just curious as to if is the $24.88 plus gratuities that is mentioned above.

I signed in with my Captain's Club and selected the guarantee balcony cabin.  Didn't check for the AI price.

8 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

I signed in with my Captain's Club and selected the guarantee balcony cabin.  Didn't check for the AI price.

Glad you found something to your liking..

I would be guilty of checking the price difference myself.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

$24.88 plus gratuities is a long way from the $100 a day per person you keep stated is the amount that Celebrity adds to the cruise fare for the AI change.  

You do realize that the Elite Happy hour is not available on embarkation day and the it is not intended for people to hoard drinks to enjoy later?

You may be surprised to know that most people would be very happy paying $24.88 a day per person to drink almost anything they wish at their convenience including the first day/night and to enjoy unlimited internet. And as you say for the same $24.88 you get you choice of cabin location.  
Great deal for most Celebrity cruisers, but I am sure Celebrity already knows that it is.  But clearly not for everyone. .  

Your doing the maths the wrong way round.

Celebrity start with a base fare and basically add $100 per person per day to cover drinks and Internet. (The figures are clearly shown when you cancel a booking made with AI. Have been submitted to and discussed with X  - Celebrity Engagement  Center - and have not been objected to.

Just now, the penguins said:

Your doing the maths the wrong way round.

Celebrity start with a base fare and basically add $100 per person per day to cover drinks and Internet. (The figures are clearly shown when you cancel a booking made with AI. Have been submitted to and discussed with X  - Celebrity Engagement  Center - and have not been objected to.

Sorry accidentially pushed submit.

Therefore the Simple Sail Price for the 13 night cruise being discussed should have been reduced by $1300 per person whereas it has only been reduced by a quarter of that leaving X with a very nice extra profit of  $75 per person per day.

Just now, the penguins said:

Therefore the Simple Sail Price for the 13 night cruise being discussed should have been reduced by $1300 per person whereas it has only been reduced by a quarter of that leaving X with a very nice extra profit of  $75 per person per day.

isn't the idea of a business to make a profit?!?  And then isn't it our idea if we choose to contribute to that profit.  If I like what I see, click click, if I don't close the page.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, the penguins said:

$100 pppd is certainly not set in stone.  For example, my March 2022 Apex cruise has Sail Away Rates for $1,222 pp....AI rate for same room is $1,432 pp.  Both Infinite Veranda.  

That's a difference of $30 a day.  And your room grats are covered.  $15 pppd goes a long way toward unlimited bottled water and nice coffees...not to mention BOOZE if one chooses...

Choices like this are worth investigating, IMHO.  

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

isn't the idea of a business to make a profit?!?  And then isn't it our idea if we choose to contribute to that profit.  If I like what I see, click click, if I don't close the page.

I don't disagree. But do you really think X could offer a drinks package ànd internet for $25 per person per day?

As you seem to like X's maths please can I be your personal shopper/ banker?

It works like this:

We go to a store of your choice and you give me your spending money in $100 bills.

Once inside I give you back $25 for every $100 you gave me. The other $75 is my profit.

Seriously X's aim is to make AI pricing look the most attractive offer which is odd when they have already acknowledged that not everyone wants or needs a drinks or internet package and they are working on addressing that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

$100 pppd is certainly not set in stone.  For example, my March 2022 Apex cruise has Sail Away Rates for $1,222 pp....AI rate for same room is $1,432 pp.  Both Infinite Veranda.  

That's a difference of $30 a day.  And your room grats are covered.  $15 pppd goes a long way toward unlimited bottled water and nice coffees...not to mention BOOZE if one chooses...

That's the same point I am making the Sail Away price should be $100  per person per day less but X is only giving $30 again a profit for X of $70

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

I don't disagree. But do you really think X could offer a drinks package ànd internet for $25 per person per day?

As you seem to like X's maths please can I be your personal shopper/ banker?

It works like this:

We go to a store of your choice and you give me your spending money in $100 bills.

Once inside I give you back $25 for every $100 you gave me. The other $75 is my profit.

Seriously X's aim is to make AI pricing look the most attractive offer which is odd when they have already acknowledged that not everyone wants or needs a drinks or internet package and they are working on addressing that.

Dude, I get that, I really do.  But you do go on and on about it.  Right now it is what it is, we have the choice to accept or not.  For me personally the AI works really well, but that is me.  Totally understand it does not for all.  I do agree there should be a "menu" option of sorts; drinks - yes/no; wifi - yes/no; however I draw the line at gratuities, they should always be included IMO and only be removed in extreme circumstances.  The service on Celebrity is so wonderful, anyone removing their tips should have to do the walk of shame.  The crew work so hard, I have heard "well I asked for a glass of wine and it took 5 minutes"   That stuff is nonsense

• Like 6

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

This is why gratuities have been added to the base price, they can’t then be removed.

I can see that being a factor yet I’d imagine only a minor one.  Many on the on-land decision makers probably don’t even care if pax tip as it doesn’t affect their profit at all

they also offered the gratuities perk pre-pandemic

I. believe the major factors for going AI

1 During the pandemic, many went to land based all inclusive resorts, X going Always Included now directly complete with them

2 It’s great marketing, catchy name, many “confuse” it with “All inclusive”; when it went live, it got a lot of media coverage/free advertising 

3 It’s simpler than the every changing “book now and receive two perks” then next week they do a sale and it’s “book now and receive three perks”

4 Further distances itself from the RCL experience and since other higher end cruise lines go all inclusive, this allows celebrity to make an appearance when a potential customer searches for AI cruise lines

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Dude, I get that, I really do.  But you do go on and on about it.  Right now it is what it is, we have the choice to accept or not.  For me personally the AI works really well, but that is me.  Totally understand it does not for all.  I do agree there should be a "menu" option of sorts; drinks - yes/no; wifi - yes/no; however I draw the line at gratuities, they should always be included IMO and only be removed in extreme circumstances.  The service on Celebrity is so wonderful, anyone removing their tips should have to do the walk of shame.  The crew work so hard, I have heard "well I asked for a glass of wine and it took 5 minutes"   That stuff is nonsense

I totally agree with everything you say except AI is already under review. In an email from Marie Kirk she says "we acknowledge that not everyone wants or needs a beverage package or WiFi access and are working to correct this." You like the choice so just tell Celebrity that. You can email the department concerned: celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com. 

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

I totally agree with everything you say except AI is already under review. In an email from Marie Kirk she says "we acknowledge that not everyone wants or needs a beverage package or WiFi access and are working to correct this." You like the choice so just tell Celebrity that. You can email the department concerned: celebrityengagementcenter@celebrity.com. 

I think you have their response.  You don’t want the perks?  They offer Guarantee and/or SAILAWAY rates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I think you have their response.  You don’t want the perks?  They offer Guarantee and/or SAILAWAY rates.

winner winner !

AI is here for a while - a long while.  Due to clamoring, X will offer a non-AI rate but you give up flexibility of room choice

X also calculates that non-AI rate discount is $25/day.  While some may calculate it $100/day (adding all the existing rates together) that aint how its gonna work.  

• Like 2