Not notified about change of stateroom

emerald6273

If you mainly rely on Medallion App you might want to log on in main Princess website to check you still have original stateroom number you selected. I mainly use Medallion App but happened to log on to main Princess website yesterday and noticed different stateroom number on same deck.  Original stateroom number on Deck 9 we had specifically selected due to angled balcony is still showing on my Medallion App. Customer Services who I contacted first thing today said original stateroom is now being used as an isolation cabin. Princess said they changed our stateroom number 2 weeks ago . Disappointed we weren't notified. Just happened to stumble upon change of cabin when I was viewing shore excursion options.  New stateroom allocated is same category as original but have a much smaller balcony now.  Strange that Medallion App still showing original stateroom number despite Princess changing our stateroom 2 weeks ago. Princess confirmed correct stateroom number is the one showing on main website.

2 minutes ago, Lizabu said:

The same thing happened to us. We were on 9 and moved to 10.

How did you find out? Our original stateroom number still showing on Medallion App. Had I not logged on in main website I might never have found out about stateroom number change until I printed luggage labels closer to time of sailing. We cruise in January 2022. Disappointed we couldn't get our old stateroom back. 

We got an email, "upgrade".  But it was no upgrade for sure.  When I called to change back, I found out our area was the isolation area.  I booked the cruise 2 weeks before sailing and it was open to book!!  They should have known that would be an isolation area before I booked. 

Even though our first stateroom was much better than the new one, they would not move me to a nicer one.  I was on Aloha, just steps from the Terrace pool and got moved to Caribe........boo.  The ship is empty.......I don't know why they can't move me to a better location.  Oh well, sail in a few days. 

Edited by Level six
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, emerald6273 said:

How did you find out? Our original stateroom number still showing on Medallion App. Had I not logged on in main website I might never have found out about stateroom number change until I printed luggage labels closer to time of sailing. We cruise in January 2022. Disappointed we couldn't get our old stateroom back. 

I logged into princess.com and was like ?!? And then I checked my sister-in-law and brother-in-laws reservations and they were both moved too. So them I looked up the room numbers and saw they’re the same category, so it’s not an upgrade. And some people on Facebook were saying they thought they were using cabins on dolphin deck for quarantine purposes so I put 2 and 2 together. I don’t really care though because it seems like pretty much the same room so it’s all good. Someone in my roll call said they have been moved 3 times so far and they suggested holding off on reprinting the luggage tags until the last minute 

Edited by Lizabu

1 hour ago, Level six said:

We got an email, "upgrade".  But it was no upgrade for sure.  When I called to change back, I found out our area was the isolation area.  I booked the cruise 2 weeks before sailing and it was open to book!!  They should have known that would be an isolation area before I booked. 

Even though our first stateroom was much better than the new one, they would not move me to a nicer one.  I was on Aloha, just steps from the Terrace pool and got moved to Caribe........boo.  The ship is empty.......I don't know why they can't move me to a better location.  Oh well, sail in a few days. 

Try asking when you get on-board.  The service desk staff may be able to help. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, emerald6273 said:

If you mainly rely on Medallion App you might want to log on in main Princess website to check you still have original stateroom number you selected. I mainly use Medallion App but happened to log on to main Princess website yesterday and noticed different stateroom number on same deck.  Original stateroom number on Deck 9 we had specifically selected due to angled balcony is still showing on my Medallion App. Customer Services who I contacted first thing today said original stateroom is now being used as an isolation cabin. Princess said they changed our stateroom number 2 weeks ago . Disappointed we weren't notified. Just happened to stumble upon change of cabin when I was viewing shore excursion options.  New stateroom allocated is same category as original but have a much smaller balcony now.  Strange that Medallion App still showing original stateroom number despite Princess changing our stateroom 2 weeks ago. Princess confirmed correct stateroom number is the one showing on main website.

I agree - Princess should have the decency/courtesy to send out and email and explain why the move was necessary and apologize in general to affected customers. 

In addition, they could go a long way in terms of customer appreciation/loyalty if they also noted to those who are losing one of the larger balconies that they are having to move to a smaller one and give some sort of compensation like OBC or whatever.  If I was the affected guest, I would be calling Customer Relations and looking for something as those larger balconies do cost something more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

If I was the affected guest, I would be calling Customer Relations and looking for something as those larger balconies do cost something more.

OP said it was the same category so the cost would be the same. Princess should send out an email to guests when this happens. 

1 hour ago, avonlady6390 said:

I hope we don't get moved for that reason I have a b2b coming up in January and was able to get the same cabin for both cruises.  I've got it marked for no upgrades, but if it's for isolation cabins I'm sure princess could still move me.

We are on a B2B too.  I also had no upgrades marked.  When I called the rep (and was on hold 3 hours!!  really)  She said, "you are going to be mad, I can't move you back".  Oh well.  I will do what someone said above and try once I am on the ship.  

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

OP said it was the same category so the cost would be the same. Princess should send out an email to guests when this happens. 

I'm with Steelers36 on this one.  People choose cabins for different reasons.  Some like to be on certain decks.  Some like to be fore, mid or aft.  Some near elevators or away from them.  Just being the same category/cost doesn't make a move satisfactory for some.  There's another thread from a person who had booked a foreward cabin for personal reasons.  He got moved about as far away as could be - aft and dropped several decks.  I think they did get it reversed but there should at least be an explanation from Princess and they should be very receptive to passenger concerns.

• Like 2

Same happened to us. Went from large balcony with really no obstruction to small balcony with big obstruction. I saw an open large across ship and was able to get that balcony. Check on your own and you may be able to get a better change

• Like 2

The same thing happened here....Except I am on a B2B2B and they moved me from being in the same cabin on all 3 voyages to 3 different cabins.  It took over 2 hours on hold and then on the phone with a princess rep to get it all sorted out. It was very frustrating, even worse...they called it an "Upgrade" when in fact I was moved for isolation cabins.

41 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

The same thing happened here....Except I am on a B2B2B and they moved me from being in the same cabin on all 3 voyages to 3 different cabins.  It took over 2 hours on hold and then on the phone with a princess rep to get it all sorted out. It was very frustrating, even worse...they called it an "Upgrade" when in fact I was moved for isolation cabins.

Seems to me they should be able to determine a reasonable number of isolation cabins then block them from availability.  Perhaps that's still a work in progress and going forward will be the case.  😀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Seems to me they should be able to determine a reasonable number of isolation cabins then block them from availability.  Perhaps that's still a work in progress and going forward will be the case.  😀

The need for dedicated isolation cabins is not a brand new requirement ... if this still is a work in progress, Princess has greater issues than merely allocating isolation areas.

53 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Ouch!  What a mess.  I am glad it worked out. 

Thanks for highlighting this. We were bumped from our carefully chosen mid-forward cabin on the Sky to another nearby some weeks back (got an upgrade so OK with it) Now checking our booking we find we've been bumped to the far aft end of the ship, totally unacceptable location.  We'll try to get it changed back, though frankly with all I'm reading about cruising and international flying right now, we'd actually rather cancel than take this trip....

8 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for highlighting this. We were bumped from our carefully chosen mid-forward cabin on the Sky to another nearby some weeks back (got an upgrade so OK with it) Now checking our booking we find we've been bumped to the far aft end of the ship, totally unacceptable location.  We'll try to get it changed back, though frankly with all I'm reading about cruising and international flying right now, we'd actually rather cancel than take this trip....

Maybe if they got a lot of cancellations after these moves by them, they just might figure out that they are alienating their customer base.

7 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Maybe if they got a lot of cancellations after these moves by them, they just might figure out that they are alienating their customer base.

And the fact that's likely not happening, meaning lots of cancellations, gives Princess the impression that whatever they're doing is just fine and acceptable.

3 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

And the fact that's likely not happening, meaning lots of cancellations, gives Princess the impression that whatever they're doing is just fine and acceptable.

Conveniently, this latest change, putting us in what is, to us, a very bad location  after having moved once already without our knowledge, was only noticed AFTER the 30 day final cancellation period, so there's no hope of us being able to get our money/FCC back. Sadly, I didn't check our account on  a daily basis to notice when it happened, but I'm pretty confident it happened after the deadline. It's either put up with an increasingly unpleasant cruise/travel experience, or walk away from thousands of $$$s.

14 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I booked my cabin 2 weeks before sailing(they should have known at that time where the isolation cabins were).  We sail in 2 days, I couldn't have cancelled.   They are doing it so close to sailing so people can't cancel.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Level six said:

I booked my cabin 2 weeks before sailing(they should have known at that time where the isolation cabins were).  We sail in 2 days, I couldn't have cancelled.   They are doing it so close to sailing so people can't cancel.  

Gee, I wonder why.....  (note the sarcasm, please)

• Like 2

I received an upgrade notice via email. Our upgrade is from a balcony to a premium balcony. Both cabins were in the same area of the ship. We were moved from Aloha to Carib. I'm sorry for those who aren't happy with their new cabins.

Our new Cabin is posted on the Medallion app. I want to be sure that my luggage is not delivered to the old cabin.

39 minutes ago, Level six said:

If this is really what they are doing, it is wrong. (I guess I do not have to tell you that!) 

I know it is meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but I will vote no to all the board of directors next time I have a proxy vote. And Princess has been my favorite cruise line, but I am really wondering if we will ever book one of their cruises again. (We presently have one on an hold and about to be  booked on another line.)

• Like 2