Captains Club benefits Elite

hannahsnana

Free drinks for Elite are from 5-7 in any bar except World Class bar. They are limited to a menu that was  set up years ago for the "happy hour" No limit on number of drinks. This is not available on embarkation day evening. 

As far as I know, the elite breakfast has never been listed in the Celebrity today. You do receive some paperwork in your room when you board that tells you of all the elite events and offers. Normally the elite continental breakfast is 8 to 10 AM in Tuscan Grill

• Like 1

So when booking it says drinks, WiFi, tips are included. Are the drinks different in the lounge? And on Royal we have drinks included on our card up to $13  for 4 drinks per day. How about the price on Celebrity? Trying to decide if we need to up the drink package.

3 minutes ago, hannahsnana said:

How about the price on Celebrity?

I believe it's $9 for the Classic package and $15 for the Premium (a buck more on UK sailings for tax reasons).  The upgrade is a net $12/day ($10+20% gratuity). 

For most, that's a deal worth doing.  Basically, the difference between the two is two Premiumly-priced drinks per day--not a high bar for anyone who finds the Martini Bar or enjoys a slightly better glass of wine at dinner.  Some of us might even make up the upgrade within the first 24 hours of boarding (but don't ask me who 😉).

In either case, the package also works like that on Royal Caribbean.  No limit (although the bartender always retains discretion).  If you order something that's over the package amount, you pay the overage plus 20% gratuity.  In my experience, that's rarely more than a buck or two if you're on the Premium package.  Also, menu prices are fairly clearly printed.  Bartenders also are pretty good about bringing up the fact that you'll need to pay that overage if you order something where that comes up.

• Thanks 1

You probably have the classic drink package which includes anything up to 9.  This covers most things except specialty type drinks.  The little bit higher end alcohol is included in the premium package and also better selection of wines by the glass.  If you do order a drink over the 9 you just pay the difference plus 20%....Say 10 dollar drink, you would pay 1+.20tip so a total of 1.20.  You can also upgrade when on the ship prorated to how many days left on the cruise.  

1 hour ago, hannahsnana said:

So when booking it says drinks, WiFi, tips are included. Are the drinks different in the lounge? And on Royal we have drinks included on our card up to $13  for 4 drinks per day. How about the price on Celebrity? Trying to decide if we need to up the drink package.

Basically X's AI pricing has destroyed the Elite drink benefit as you have unlimited drinks all day. The CC drinks menu can be found in most bars andI understand  that it includes a few drinks not in the Classic package - we don't drink alcohol.

6 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Basically X's AI pricing has destroyed the Elite drink benefit as you have unlimited drinks all day. The CC drinks menu can be found in most bars andI understand  that it includes a few drinks not in the Classic package - we don't drink alcohol.

Who knew 

• Like 2

The Elite breakfast also includes cappuccino and choices of fruit smoothies ( I love the mango)

There is also on bag of laundry per elite passenger and 90 minutes of internet per pax. On our Summit October sailing there was also a scoop of gelato, a wine tasting and a cocktail party with live music.

Enjoy.

• Like 2

On 11/3/2021 at 12:45 PM, the penguins said:

Not the person who started this thread because they are new to Celebrity and were asking for help.

They were, but the "elites" et al who now feel robbed may have just a wee bit of a different skewed perspective, others can share and offer opinions as well, make for a well balanced decision

17 minutes ago, true45 said:

The Elite breakfast also includes cappuccino and choices of fruit smoothies ( I love the mango)

There is also on bag of laundry per elite passenger and 90 minutes of internet per pax. On our Summit October sailing there was also a scoop of gelato, a wine tasting and a cocktail party with live music.

Enjoy.

The boss (Anita) loves the gelato and also has my free one.

The smoothies are great especially the banana ( not always available) and the mixed Berry.

The 90 minute internet is swallowed up in the AI package but if up grade the internet I believe it can be used as a bit of a discount.

Laundry is "wash and fold " not pressed/ironed. However if you write on the order " please return on hangers" don't forget the please as they don't have to do it, it comes back just as good as being ironed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

The smoothies are great especially the banana ( not always available) and the mixed Berry.

The 90 minute internet is swallowed up in the AI package but if up grade the internet I believe it can be used as a bit of a discount.

Laundry is "wash and fold " not pressed/ironed. However if you write on the order " please return on hangers" don't forget the please as they don't have to do it, it comes back just as good as being ironed.

This is all good info...I had to contact Celebrity recently to have them review my points...as a single, I should receive double points when I don't have a roomie...they checked and voila, I am elite.  For me, the best benefit is the free bag of laundry!!!

1 minute ago, lola2013 said:

This is all good info...I had to contact Celebrity recently to have them review my points...as a single, I should receive double points when I don't have a roomie...they checked and voila, I am elite.  For me, the best benefit is the free bag of laundry!!!

Perhaps you should get  2 bags and 2 gelato. 😀 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, the penguins said:

I have a very good deal low priced and with some OBC but without AI so the 90 minutes of internet not swallowed up.  And on our itinerary we can easily find Wifi on St.Thomas and Puerto Rico.  Didn’t ask for clothes on hangers but they arrived that way.  

Should work our great and we consider the Captains Club benefits when booking.  Not being big drinkers, the happy hour drinks carried to dining room are nice for the dinner glass of wine 

Edited by true45

On 11/3/2021 at 4:35 PM, the penguins said:

The CC drinks menu can be found in most bars andI understand  that it includes a few drinks not in the Classic package

We were told by the Captains’s Club host that there are some Premium drinks on the Elite Happy Hour menu, which will be behind the bar.

89B0B629-14A1-4483-AD9C-6F002462577F.thumb.jpeg.87ccacce96d3bf1a1bba4dcc0847ffa9.jpeg

On 11/3/2021 at 9:56 AM, hannahsnana said:

We have FCC to use from a cancelled cruise in 2020.  Have never cruised Celebrity but are Diamond on RCI.  Does Celebrity offer a number of drinks per day according to tier in Captains Club like RCI or is there a lounge and drinks offered now?

Im still confused as to how to get assigned a reciprocal Captain's Club number from our RC Crown and Anchor.  

Just now, jaygatsby27 said:

Im still confused as to how to get assigned a reciprocal Captain's Club number from our RC Crown and Anchor.  

It is automatically done. You can call the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) or the Crown and Anchor Society ( 1-800-526-9723) to verify your numbers or log into Celebrity's and/or RCs websites to verify your CC and C&A numbers. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2021 at 10:26 AM, davekathy said:

It is automatically done. You can call the Captains Club (1-800-760-0654) or the Crown and Anchor Society ( 1-800-526-9723) to verify your numbers or log into Celebrity's and/or RCs websites to verify your CC and C&A numbers. 

Thanks. i emailed the captains club and got no response. i guess id better call them.