Left something in stateroom before disembarking.

die_hard

7 minutes ago, die_hard said:

Unfortunately it was. My wife left her small bag with all of her jewelry. 

What ship?  The first problem is, even if something is found and turned in, it won't be recorded or anything until later.  They're busy turning the ship around.  Was it in the safe or just somewhere in the room?  Keep calling RCI lost and found.  

2 minutes ago, BND said:

What ship?  The first problem is, even if something is found and turned in, it won't be recorded or anything until later.  They're busy turning the ship around.  Was it in the safe or just somewhere in the room?  Keep calling RCI lost and found.  

It was the Mariner and wasn’t in the safe. She thinks she left it sitting on the desk while packing up the last few things. 

Not sure where you disembarked, but having worked at Seattle Pier 91, I know that the Shoreside staff is in constant walkie/talkie communication with the ship.  If you are still at the pier, ask to speak to a shoreside supervisor.  She will contact the ship and a crew member will check your room and/or talk to your room steward.  This happens all the time with passengers who realize that they left their passport in the cabin safe and try to walk back onboard.  We have to stop them and have a supervisor radio the ship and the passport (or whatever was left in the safe) brought down from the ship.

Hope it works out for you.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, voyager70 said:

She left a bag of jewelry sitting on the desk? 

How does this differ from routine packing of anything??  We have all been there, last minute packing, in a rush whether at home in a hotel or on a ship, we can forget something it happens.  Jeez, I hope you are never in this situation.  Good luck OP, I hope she has the jewelry returned, please let us know that you were successful!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Last thing the OP needs now is someone questioning an honest mistake, have some class.

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

How does this differ from routine packing of anything??  We have all been there, last minute packing, in a rush whether at home in a hotel or on a ship, we can forget something it happens.  Jeez, I hope you are never in this situation.  Good luck OP, I hope she has the jewelry returned, please let us know that you were successful!  

Thanks guys… can’t avoid all the idiots, right?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Simply asking an honest question. I check my room a thousand times before leaving.