pre-cruise Retreat Concierge

msteries

Does anyone have an email address for the pre-cruise Retreat Concierge?  Trying to connect via the telephone number given on the website led to a wait too long to continue!

Edited by msteries
mis spelling

• msteries changed the title to pre-cruise Retreat Concierge

There isn't a single one, and they all have different email addresses. 

Are you calling 1-877-RETREAT and then selecting option 3 (or whichever for a Retreat Concierge)? I've never had a wait of more than a few minutes. 

If you send an email to 

CELEBRITYENGAGEMENTCENTER@celebrity.com the email will be routed to a retreat concierge if you’re booked in Retreat. A retreat concierge will respond within 24 hours. 
At least that’s what happened to me when I emailed last week. 

6 hours ago, DCPIV said:

There isn't a single one, and they all have different email addresses. 

Are you calling 1-877-RETREAT and then selecting option 3 (or whichever for a Retreat Concierge)? I've never had a wait of more than a few minutes. 

Yes, I did call several times midafternoon.  I gave up around the 20-25 minute mark.

They usually contact you about two weeks prior to boarding either by phone or email. We usually have a draft email set up ready to forward listing drink preferences, room set up, special requests, dining schedule etc. 

Usually efficient, suggest you mail asking for a reply as mfs2k says if you can’t get through on the phone and you are less than a week to your cruise. If you are more than two weeks to cruising I would give it a few more days…

We rarely get the same concierge twice even when cruising on the same ship from the same port…

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

They usually contact you about two weeks prior to boarding either by phone or email. We usually have a draft email set up ready to forward listing drink preferences, room set up, special requests, dining schedule etc. 

Usually efficient, suggest you mail asking for a reply as mfs2k says if you can’t get through on the phone and you are less than a week to your cruise. If you are more than two weeks to cruising I would give it a few more days…

We rarely get the same concierge twice even when cruising on the same ship from the same port…

Thanks for the information.  Since this is my my 75th birthday celebration cruise, friends are asking me what to gift, but the online descriptions are rather lacking.  So hoping retreat concierge can help, but no rush.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, msteries said:

Thanks for the information.  Since this is my my 75th birthday celebration cruise, friends are asking me what to gift, but the online descriptions are rather lacking.  So hoping retreat concierge can help, but no rush.

Congratulations on your birthday!

Celebrity can arrange gifts (search the web site). Flowers, cakes and bottles…all great but not overwhelming. 

What could be more valued is something towards a special excursion either independently or through the ship. One of my favourite ‘landmark’ birthdays was celebrated by a helicopter flight from Antigua…Alternatively you could point them in the direction of an onboard photographic package or a pre cruise gift of binoculars or a new camera…

Once on board make sure the concierge (and M’D of the restaurant you plan on dining in) knows the date of your special occasion….Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Celebrity can arrange gifts (search the web site). Flowers, cakes and bottles…all great but not overwhelming. 

What could be more valued is something towards a special excursion either independently or through the ship. One of my favourite ‘landmark’ birthdays was celebrated by a helicopter flight from Antigua…Alternatively you could point them in the direction of an onboard photographic package or a pre cruise gift of binoculars or a new camera…

Once on board make sure the concierge (and M’D of the restaurant you plan on dining in) knows the date of your special occasion….Have a wonderful cruise!

I thought I would really enjoy what is called room bar setup, but the website description is really vague...  especially for $100!  Other oddities, too.  Seemingly no Dewars on offer.  I know, I know - definitely first world problems 😏😏.  But after two years of no cruising, I am really up for some splurges.

Wishing you a Happy Birthday in advance.  I had a cruise booked on The Connie for my 82 birthday in 2020 which didn't happen so I rebooked for 83 birthday in 2021 still no cruising thus I am booked for 84 in April 2022.  I hope everyone remains healthy so I can finally celebrate another birthday on The Connie.  Enjoy your Birthday cruise.  I don't need a present, I just need to cruise again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msteries said:

I thought I would really enjoy what is called room bar setup, but the website description is really vague...  especially for $100!  Other oddities, too.  Seemingly no Dewars on offer.  I know, I know - definitely first world problems 😏😏.  But after two years of no cruising, I am really up for some splurges.

Just talk to your steward they will accommodate 

15 hours ago, chemmo said:

Is this for all retreat rooms or just some? I am in a sky suite, and I haven't received anything from them. I'm a little under 2 weeks to sailing. 

3 hours ago, CruisinKikster said:

Is this for all retreat rooms or just some? I am in a sky suite, and I haven't received anything from them. I'm a little under 2 weeks to sailing. 

Always for PH and RS. I have read reports that some CS and SS have had calls and others have not. As the main information needing to be passed on is for the  bar set up in higher suites it isn’t a big deal. 

On boarding see your butler for anything you want in suite. He will also arrange any speciality dining for you. Then see the Retreat Concierge if there is anything else you may need help with (shore excursions, issues you would normally go to guest relations for…). Normally you can ask  the concierge to  include you on lists for behind the scenes tours and bridge tours but on our recent cruise they were not being offered.

7 hours ago, msteries said:

If you are in a RS or PH you will be contacted by the shoreside concierge and they will arrange for two bottles of spirits of your choice with your choice of mixers to be in your room at no cost. As long as Dewars is on the premium list they will sort it for you. The bottles of spirits we order are not on the list they send you but we have never had a problem.

If you are in a CS or SS you may or may not have contact with the shoreside concierge.  If I remember correctly (it is a while since we ordered the room bar set up) there is a very limited list on line of what you can order. The shoreside concierge may be able to sort your Dewars for you or may only be able to order what is offered within the bar set up deal. If she doesn’t contact you or cannot sort wait until you are on board. Your butler should be able to arrange to get any bottle for you. If I remember correctly the bar set up package comes with six sodas of your choice and a box of mixed nuts. You will simply be charged to your on board account. 

Like you, we also enjoy an in suite bar set up, nothing like an end of evening drink on the balcony….

Again enjoy your birthday!

23 hours ago, chemmo said:

Thanks for replying, everyone!  In the past I have ordered a bottle of Dewars in advance, and oddly, no extra tax was charged even though it was put in cabin before sailing.  It is very nice to kick off shoes and have a nip (or two, or three..) while unpacking.  Usually luggage comes pretty quickly even in a Sky Suite.

There used to be a way to email the Michael's Club (now The Retreat) concierge directly on board the ship a week or two before your cruise.  If I remember each ship had a generic concierge email address.  Does anybody remember this or have the address?

58 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

There used to be a way to email the Michael's Club (now The Retreat) concierge directly on board the ship a week or two before your cruise.  If I remember each ship had a generic concierge email address.  Does anybody remember this or have the address?

Now done by shoreside concierge and is aimed at Royal Suite and above. Occasionally they will reach out to lower suites. 

28 minutes ago, isdoo said:

Now done by shoreside concierge and is aimed at Royal Suite and above. Occasionally they will reach out to lower suites. 

X has hired more shoreside Concierges and they reach out to all Suite categories now. We were in a Sky Suite in July and they emailed and called us. We are currently booked in a Celebrity suite and they did the same.

Edited by C-Dragons

18 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

X has hired more shoreside Concierges and they reach out to all Suite categories now. We were in a Sky Suite in July and they emailed and called us. We are currently booked in a Celebrity suite and they did the same.

We were in a Sky Suite for 2 cruises last month and there was no phone call or email from a Shoreside Conceirge.  We had friends on one of the 2 sailings, also in a SS and they weren’t contacted either.

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were in a Sky Suite for 2 cruises last month and there was no phone call or email from a Shoreside Conceirge.  We had friends on one of the 2 sailings, also in a SS and they weren’t contacted either.

We were in a sky suite last month and received a email with numerous questions about what we wanted. We got the email about a week or 2 before we sailed.

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I just relayed what I was told by the Concierge who I spoke to in July.

On 11/9/2021 at 3:26 PM, msteries said:

Here's another idea--your friends could purchase OBC for you through your travel agent (who I assume is easier to reach than Celebrity).  Then you could enjoy a splurge or two on board, perhaps a private shore excursion.  The retreat concierge can help you with that once you're on board.  Enjoy your 75th birthday celebration!

4 hours ago, lovrccl said:

We were in a sky suite last month and received a email with numerous questions about what we wanted. We got the email about a week or 2 before we sailed.

Same for us! We received several email messages that directed us to a questionnaire about how we wanted our room setup. No phone call, although Celebrity called us this week about the itinerary change for our upcoming January cruise - that's new.

🙂

-LKC

• Like 1