Options for Covid test pre=cruise

Nebr.cruiser

18 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Yes, just order the test and then do it when you like. 

You don't need the Navica app, but you will need an account. Scanning the QR code will get you there, or you can set it up ahead of time. Results are emailed in a form suitable for printing. The app is handy only to have something you can pull up on your phone. 

I assume the test results are sent to our email address. Do we just show that at the port or do they need a printed version of results? We will be testing at our hotel in FLL so won’t have a printer. 

11 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

I assume the test results are sent to our email address. Do we just show that at the port or do they need a printed version of results? We will be testing at our hotel in FLL so won’t have a printer. 

I assume you can show them the email on your phone. I don't know why you couldn't. 

47 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

We did the proctored tests today at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. The results were sent to our separate email accounts. We will be showing the results from our iPhones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

We did the proctored tests today at our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. The results were sent to our separate email accounts. We will be showing the results from our iPhones.

Thanks C-Dragons. We thought we needed a printed copy also. This makes it easier for us if we don't. Whew. 

9 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

C-Dragons, can you please let me know which test you got and how long it took to get the results? We’d like to do the same thing for our December 11 Apex sailing. Thanks and have a wonderful cruise, so happy to be back onboard 😊👍😊

16 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I wanted to do a CVS test as a backup to the proctored tests I ordered. Finding no rapid antigen tests at cvs within 25 miles of FLL. Anyone else have better luck?

Don't know if this helps, but we passed a Quest Diagnostic Office yesterday while walking down 17th Street in FLL.

Btw, we did our proctored tests yesterday in our hotel room. It was very easy and convenient.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, prish said:

C-Dragons, can you please let me know which test you got and how long it took to get the results? We’d like to do the same thing for our December 11 Apex sailing. Thanks and have a wonderful cruise, so happy to be back onboard 😊👍😊

We did the Binax AG Now tests. Not including the prep, it took 15 minutes.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bauermj said:

If you use a CVS or Walgreens test what proof do you need to bring with you? Thanks

We just did the drive-thru test at Walgreens.  The results "within 24 hours" actually turned out to take around 30 minutes.  The email you get has a .PDF with your results that can be downloaded and printed or there is a QR code to load the results on your phone.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, pooh/tigger said:

Did you have to download an app first? Or create an account? I’m just curious of step by step. Thanks a lot

You will have to download the NAVICA app and create an account prior to the test session.  In our case my husband and I needed testing prior to embarkation, and we each needed separate e-mail addresses.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

You will have to download the NAVICA app and create an account prior to the test session.  In our case my husband and I needed testing prior to embarkation, and we each needed separate e-mail addresses.

Thank you

1 hour ago, pooh/tigger said:

Did you have to download an app first? Or create an account? I’m just curious of step by step. Thanks a lot

22 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Yes, those are the steps needed needed to be done prior to the test.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Did you place it in your carry on or checked luggage? 

39 minutes ago, luv4cruises said:

Does the 2 kit pack for $69.00 accommodate 2 guests- my husband and me?  Thanks.  We used CVS before with no problem but recent comments have made me very anxious.

Yes, but you are advised to have at least one backup test kit per person, in the event of user error, spoiled materials, etc.   Just here on CC alone there have been folks reporting their reagent bottle was empty, stuff like that.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes, but you are advised to have at least one backup test kit per person, in the event of user error, spoiled materials, etc.   Just here on CC alone there have been folks reporting their reagent bottle was empty, stuff like that.  

Thank you for the info. 

• Like 1

Our cruise is December 10th! I ordered 2 2packs(2 for each of us to be safe) of the the rapid tests yesterday and they are expected to arrive Tuesday! We aren't taking any chances with Walgreens or CVS not being able to accommodate us or cancel an appointment! Not worth worrying about! Just buy the home test and be done with it!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, Purplsmurf said:

I was just on Walgreens website today. We have done the Abbott ID Now 🔴 multiple times with only being able to schedule a couple of days before. It is now a week. I checked various cities around the country since some people had questions. 

I'm thinking of using Walgreens, but I just called and a recording said that they don't use QR codes. Does anybody know if the QR has to be on the test results?

7 hours ago, travelerchris said:

I'm thinking of using Walgreens, but I just called and a recording said that they don't use QR codes. Does anybody know if the QR has to be on the test results?

I’m not sure about QR codes, but we used the Walgreens rapid antigen test for our Millennium cruise with no issues.

Edited by phoenix_dream

On 11/13/2021 at 12:30 PM, travelerchris said:

Walgreens does not use QR codes……still 100% accepted