St. Petersburg Shore Excursions

bhsolo

I am looking into the June 26 Voyager of the Seas Scandinavia & Russia Cruise. I found shore excursions for the other ports but am unable to find any excursions for St. Petersburg. I googled and found a random one but am unsure if it's new and before I book the trip I would like to see what the excursions are. Does anyone know where to find the St. Petersburg excursions? Thank you!

16 minutes ago, bhsolo said:

I am looking into the June 26 Voyager of the Seas Scandinavia & Russia Cruise. I found shore excursions for the other ports but am unable to find any excursions for St. Petersburg. I googled and found a random one but am unsure if it's new and before I book the trip I would like to see what the excursions are. Does anyone know where to find the St. Petersburg excursions? Thank you!

Not sure on St. Petersburg, but keep in mind when you find the lists of shore excursions for different ports, they may not all be available on your sailing.  That's especially true right now.  The only real way to know what is being offered on that sailing would be to join a roll call and see if someone who is already booked on it can let you know the ones that are available for each port on that particular sailing.  

In 2016 we used Alla Tours. We were impressed with the tour. Our guide was excellent, everything went smooth. We did the two day tour, We were in a small group, I think it was 10 people in a very nice van.  We also did the Faberge museum night tour on the first night, My husband wasn't to sure about that tour when we talked about it, but we didn't want to sit on the ship that night so we went for it. We both loved it!  I think I still a copy of some of the itinerary of the two day tour, I can post it for you if you want.

We also used them for Berlin and Tallin. Those were excellent tours also.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, apple girl said:

In 2016 we used Alla Tours. We were impressed with the tour. Our guide was excellent, everything went smooth. We did the two day tour, We were in a small group, I think it was 10 people in a very nice van.  We also did the Faberge museum night tour on the first night, My husband wasn't to sure about that tour when we talked about it, but we didn't want to sit on the ship that night so we went for it. We both loved it!  I think I still a copy of some of the itinerary of the two day tour, I can post it for you if you want.

We also used them for Berlin and Tallin. Those were excellent tours also.

2nd for Allah tours.  Used them for our 2 days there.  Highly recommend them.

• Like 2

I am on VOS 5 June and no shorex available to book on our voyage either. Part of the reason when I spoke to Royal is that Russia is currently closed to everyone. The Russian Govt is expected to make an announcement on reopening in the new year. I have researched private tours but will only book where payment is not required until closer to the cruise.

Google Alla Tours, SPB tours for example

The Covid situation in Russia is also quite bad at the moment with very low vaccination rates and rising cases. 

2 hours ago, bhsolo said:

Another recommendation for Alla Tours. We have used them twice and found them to be professional, reasonable and we saw so much more than a ship tour. 

Alla Tours

• Like 2

1 minute ago, njkruzer said:

Btw we didn't pay in advance.   Payment was made the day of tour.

Same for us both times we used Alla Tours. I can't say enough about the wonderful experiences we had. Many are hesitant to tour privately but we found the experience with a private tour soooo much better.....and without worry. 

12 hours ago, Cruisegroover said:

I am on VOS 5 June and no shorex available to book on our voyage either. Part of the reason when I spoke to Royal is that Russia is currently closed to everyone. The Russian Govt is expected to make an announcement on reopening in the new year. I have researched private tours but will only book where payment is not required until closer to the cruise.

Google Alla Tours, SPB tours for example

The Covid situation in Russia is also quite bad at the moment with very low vaccination rates and rising cases. 

WE have used SPB Tours in the past (pre Covid) and they were awesome..

Posters said all the main companies.  Very similar, all very good reviews, and they all do small groups.  I used TJ tours and they were great. 

Do not take a ship tour......big bus, and not personal.

Lastly, St Petersburg for 2 days was the main event.  All the other ports were the side shows.  With Russia being closed with no date in sight, I would not personally book that cruise and put money down unless I was certain, it would be a stop.  

• Like 2

Thanks all! With the Russia not a for certain I decided to go completely opposite and head to the Caribbean. As others mentioned, not point in this cruise if it's a 50/50 and with Covid out of control there it's not a chance I was willing to take. 

We went with a private tour just the two of us, the guide and a driver. This was amazing as we were on our own schedule and spend as much or little time anywhere we visited and they let us customize our tour completely. We used Travel with Eagle and would use them again in a heartbeat.  It wasn't much more than the TJ tours and others mentioned and more than worth it. 

I also highly recommend Alla.

We went with the ship tours in St. Petersburg and it was a horrible time. Not the tours themselves but the people who were on our tour. The bus held like 45 people. Just as in a military convoy, you can only travel as fast as the slowest vehicle. The same goes with a huge tour. The tour guide can only walk or tour as fast as the slowest people in the group. I'm not talking about elderly people in the group walking slowly though they do contribute. You also have a small group who has to stop and take every freakin picture, multiple selfies, then a small group wonders off and you have to stop to corral them, etc..

Spend a little extra and go with a small private group of 8 to 12 people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

We went with the ship tours in St. Petersburg and it was a horrible time. Not the tours themselves but the people who were on our tour. The bus held like 45 people. Just as in a military convoy, you can only travel as fast as the slowest vehicle. The same goes with a huge tour. The tour guide can only walk or tour as fast as the slowest people in the group. I'm not talking about elderly people in the group walking slowly though they do contribute. You also have a small group who has to stop and take every freakin picture, multiple selfies, then a small group wonders off and you have to stop to corral them, etc..

This is why we went with a private / private tour, just us, driver and guide. I would do it again.  

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:17 PM, njkruzer said:

Btw we didn't pay in advance.   Payment was made the day of tour.

They now require payment 30 days in advance. They will reimburse if ship doesn’t stop there for any reason. We have booked Must See 2 day St. Petersburg, Riga, and Stockholm with Alla and are very pleased with them thus far. When COVID19 an cancelled  sailings for 2020 they credited all my fees back to the credit card promptly.  I had no hesitation to rebook and look forward to those tours!!

Regarding St. Petersburg, per people on the Princess boards, St. Petersburg is very much in question. This port has not been removed from the itinerary that is RT Copenhagen, however, the cruises that begin and end in St. Petersburg are "currently not available".

Our party of 4 have decided that if it is still in question by final payment, then we will cancel, as this port was the reason for booking the cruise.

2 hours ago, klfrodo said:

I thoroughly enjoyed our ship's tour in St Petersburg 2018

Cest la vie

Another vote for Alla tours. We used them a few years ago, and saw so much more than those on the ship who used the cruise excursions.

Very  professional and except for deposit, payment was given at time of tour. We had a fantastic time. Also used them on that same cruise for Talin, and received the discount for a second booking.

6 hours ago, icsys said:

There  are no fewer than 23 St Petersburg excursions available to book on our May 29th sailing?

We are also on the May 29th cruise. First time with Royal Caribbean and first baltic cruise we will probably book our excursions with RC. Have you any tips for RC newbies we are travelling with our youngest son who will be 18.